Official Pharmacy Investing (Stocks/Funds) Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok, Joe, here's what I would allocate to these choices:

American Funds EuroPacific Growth Fund Class A
Barclays
Prudential

10% commercial banks
5% auto
5% semiconductor……………………..too much exposure to depression
6% bond exposure

Way too much china exposure

Grump’s allocation……zero

Baron Small Cap Fund
(MUTF:BSCFX)

Expense ratio 1.31% too high
23% consumer discretionary
6% financials

Grump’s allocation……zero

Columbia Contrarian Core Fund Class A
(MUTF:LCCAX)

Financials 17.63
Consumer Discretionary 13.73

Grump’s allocation……zero

DWS RREEF Real Estate Securities Fund Class A
MUTF:RRRAX

You would think that this would be a smart play with currency debasement, but oh what garbage is in this pig.
Public Storage 5.6%
Vornado Realty Trust 4% ( strip mall, commercial RE)
Simon Property Group 10% ( malls)

When deleveraging finally happens you don’t want to be holding this fund. When the system reboots REITs will be at rock bottom real values.

Grump’s allocation……zero

Hartford Dividend and Growth HLS Fund Class IA
(MUTF:HIADX)

Top two holdings are JPMorgans and Wells Fargo

Great, if you want hundreds in trillions in derivative exposure.

Grump’s allocation……zero

Munder Mid-Cap Core Growth Fund Class A
(MUTF:MGOAX)

On the surface it appears to be a smart play, but a closer look reveals this fund to be a feeder fund for private equity and hedge funds. I don’t like this, b/c what happens is that the winning trades are kept upstream and the losers are dumped on the captive 401k funds like this. This is a perfect example of how the 401k system is abused by Wall Street.

Grump’s allocation……zero

Oakmark Equity And Income Fund Class

Over 20% in bonds and cash equivalents….a loser.

Grump’s allocation……zero

PIMCO Real Return Fund Class A

Bonds, when we are about to enter a rising rate environment?

Grump’s allocation……zero

PIMCO Total Return Fund Class A
(MUTF:pTTAX)

OMG! Please stay away from this bomb. It’s into junk debt on leverage.

Grump’s allocation……zero

Pyxis Premier Growth Equity A
(MUTF:HPEAX)

Apple Inc (AAPL) 6.81% Express Scripts (ESRX) 4.30% Schlumberger NV (SLB) 4.13% Qualcomm, Inc. (QCOM) 4.00% Covidien PLC (COV) 3.81% eBay Inc (EBAY) 3.77% Liberty Global, Inc. (LBTYK) 3.71% Visa, Inc. (V) 3.45% Western Union Company (WU) 3.40% CME Group, Inc. Class A (CME) 3.39%

Growth? In these dinosaurs? So many mutual funds are like this. Why pay for overpriced management when you can just get a spider?

Grump’s allocation……zero

SSgA Dj Target 2015 SL
SSgA Dj Target 2025 SL
SSgA Dj Target 2035 SL
SSgA Dj Target 2045 SL
SSgA SJ Target Today SL
RG SSgA S&P 500 Ind SL

These pigs have bond exposure, the more the closer the target date.
Even if you pick the 2045 target date, your bond exposure will be increasing just as bonds progress thru a 30 year bear cycle, effectively dampening gains on the equity side.

Grump’s allocation……zero

To sum up, the options offered via 401k's suck. Nobody really has your interests at heart except yourself. You have to ignore the carrot of a company match, b/c the cost of getting entangled in a tax-deferred plan will become apparent at the time boomers want to make withdrawls. We've got trillion a year deficits with more bailouts on the horizon and there's that 6 Trillion in 401k money just waiting to be grabbed. Google "guaranteed retirement accounts teresa ghilarducci" to see what's on the drawing board.

Where to go? In Jan 1980 institutions and the public held 20% of their financial assets in bullion and mining stocks. Today that figure is less than 1%. Nobody is there. Do a Gretsky and go where the puck is going to be.

Bored much? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I've been following Chris for awhile. He's keen to alot but doesn't seem to be aware of the Kondratieff cycle, hence I differ from him in that I think the stocks he targets can be gotten alot cheaper in terms of gold down the road.

$8000 Gold, chart of John Deere 1987 crash, newsletters that will bankrupt you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JR96ZKRiPtY

090828-9500.jpg

Vast fortunes will be made in the mining shares much to the chagrin of the monetary theosophists over at FOFOA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fed balance grew by 61B this week to 3.688 Trillion. This is up 108B from 4 weeks ago.

Foreigners continued dumping Treasuries for 3rd month in a row. Down 124B from March to June.

If you call Directtv and ask for customer retention you can get a reduced rate. Bitch about being forced to pay for channels you don't watch like ESPN. I'm just about ready to put up an OTA antenna for local HD channels and cut the cord. I don't need cable or satellite. I get my content from Netflix dvds and youtube channels and podcasts. I can wait a few months for Walking Dead to be on dvd. Hell, I'm years behind on cable series I've never watched. I prefer spending a few months watching an entire series bang bang bang. That's what I'll do with Game of Thrones years from now when the whole series is done.

The Future Is Not Here Now, It Arrived A Few Years Ago And Left Content Providers Behind

http://boombustblog.com/blog/item/9135-the-future-is-not-here-now-it-arrived-a-few-years-ago-and-left-content-providers-behind

Google "guaranteed retirement accounts teresa ghilarducci" to see what's on the drawing board.

Keep an eye on this. It's how they'll attempt to fund the deficit. At first a smorgasbord of investment options will be allowed, but eventually the trap will close and only US Treasuries will be allowed.

http://www.kiplinger.com/article/investing/T001-C014-S002-bold-401-k-overhaul.html

" Both the employer and employee would be required to make a tax-free contribution to the account—ideally, at least 3% each for younger employees (6% total), rising with age to a combined 12%."

I spent 8 years in the Army in a Reconnaissance/Sniper Cell gathering Intel. I was doing this role 4 years before Kuwait was invaded by Saddam’s Army (1990).
The next 6 years I was working as an Aerospace Engineer and later as a Test Flight Engineer on Military Aircraft including the assessment and introduction of IAI’s Searcher Program (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles; the forefathers of todays’ Drones).
Since then, I’ve spent 13 years in Government Emergency Data Communications.
The past decade I’ve been researching and compiling what I Blog about today.
Frequenting ZeroHedge isn’t being in touch with reality, it’s just digesting someone else’s reality.
I blog my reality because too many [first hand] experiences lead me to the same conclusions.
Regards
TwoShortPlanks

I actually agree with most of what you write, TSP. It's just that it's discouraging how so many do not want to wake up.

ZH is just one input. It usually has a Brodsky, ThunderRoad, or Paul Singer link before anyone else. It's thru ZH I've discovered better sources.

I discovered your blog via Iamthewitness.com.

Bullet points from Jim Willie's latest:

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldenJackass/1377288000.php

"Morgan Stanley has served as the Wall Street harlot for years, executing the IRSwaps, fabricating USTreasury Bond rallies out of thin air. The leverage within the device is between 50:1 and 100:1 in usage. Small moves in the bond yield (like 30 to 50 basis points) can cause great disruption. We have seen a 130 basis point move in the USTreasury 10-year yield since May. Some big derivative accidents with ten whales will be sighted soon"

"The big US banks are in a rush to unwind their USTBond carry trade"

ZH the other day intimated that Treasuries sold by foreigners were being picked up by the Fed. I don't think so. The Fed is busy funding the deficit. I suspect these Treasuries are moving to a different balance sheet, like the BRICS Bank.

" The member nations will direct their FOREX reserves, largely USTBonds, into the BRICS Bank... The conversion of USTBonds for Gold bullion will make for a historically significant event in the Paradigm Shift for commerce and eventually banking, in brutal fashion, as USTBonds are redeemed (liquidated) for Gold."

Members don't see this ad :)
Bill Still, the creator of The Money Masters, a must-see documentary for financial newbies, quotes a warning from the managing director of the BIS. Bill sees this as the end of QE coming. I wouldn't put too much credence in what this BIS director says. I've read his stuff--he's an empty academic, probably some muckity-muck's nephew. If QE were to end then it's global collapse. A pulling of the QE plug would have to entail a revaluation of gold to recapitalize and delever the system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_9wv3P-kZ6s

What To Expect During The Next Stage Of Collapse
Brandon Smith

http://alt-market.com/articles/1682-what-to-expect-during-the-next-stage-of-collapse

Plausible chain of events presented. Here's a copy. Let's look back at this in a few months.

"1) Many U.S. allies will refrain from immediate participation in an attack on Syria. Obama will continue unilaterally (or with the continued support of Israel and Saudi Arabia), placing even more focus on the U.S. as the primary cause of the crisis.

2) Obama will attempt to mitigate public outcry by limiting attacks to missile strikes, but these strikes will be highly ineffective compared to previous wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

3) A no fly zone will be established, but the U.S. navy will seek to stay out of range of high grade Russian missile technology in the hands of Syria, and this will make response time to the Syrian Air Force more difficult. Expect much higher American naval and air force casualties compared to Iraq and Afghanistan.

4) Iran will immediately launch troops and arms in support of Syria. Syria will become a bewildering combat soup of various fighting forces battling on ideological terms, rather than over pure politics and borders. Battles will spread into other countries, covertly and overtly, much like during Vietnam.

5) Israel will probably be the first nation to send official ground troops into Syria (and likely Iran), citing a lack of effectiveness of U.S. airstrikes. American troops will follow soon after.

6) Iran will shut down the Straight of Hormuz sinking multiple freighters in the narrow shipping lane and aiming ocean skimming missiles at any boats trying to clear the wreckage. Oil exports through the straight of Hormuz will stop for months, cutting 20% of the world's oil supply overnight.

7) The Egyptian civil war, now underway but ignored by the mainstream, will explode due to increased anger over U.S. presence in Syria. The Suez Canal will become a dangerous shipping option for oil exporters. Many will opt to travel around the Horn of Africa, adding two weeks to shipping time and increasing the cost of the oil carried.

8) Saudi Arabia will see an uprising of insurgency that has been brewing under the surface for years.

9) Gasoline prices will skyrocket. I am predicting a 75%-100% increase in prices within two-three months of any strike on Syria.

10) Travel will become difficult if not impossible with high gasoline costs. What little of our economy was still thriving on vacation dollars will end. Home purchases will fall even further than before because of the extreme hike in travel expenses required for families to move.

11) Russia will threaten to limit or cut off all natural gas exports to the EU if they attempt to join with the U.S. in aggression against Syria. The EU will comply due to their dependency on Russian energy.

12) Russia will position naval forces in the Mediterranean to place pressure on the U.S. I feel the possibility of Russia initiating direct confrontation with the U.S. is limited, mainly because countries like Russia and China do not need to engage the U.S. through force of arms in order to strike a painful blow.

13) China and Russia will finally announce their decision to drop the dollar completely as the world reserve currency. A process which already began back in 2005, and which global banks have been fully aware of for years.

14) Because of China's position as the number one exporter and importer in the world, many nations will follow suit in dumping the dollar in bilateral trade. The dollar's value will implode. China, Russia, and the war in Syria will be blamed, and global banks including the Federal Reserve will be ignored as the true culprits.

15) The combination of high energy prices and a devaluing dollar will strike retail prices hard. Expect a doubling of prices on all goods. Look for many imported goods to begin disappearing from shelves.

16) Homelessness will expand exponentially as cuts to welfare programs, including food stamps, are made inevitable. However, welfare will not disappear, it will merely be "adjusted" to fit different goals. The homeless themselves will be treated like criminals. The roaming bands of jobless drifters common during the Great Depression will not exist during a modern crisis. State and Federal agencies will pursue an "out of sight, out of mind" policy towards the indigent, forcing them into "aid shelters" or other bureaucratic contraptions designed to conditioning the homeless to accept refugee status, making them totally dependent on federal scraps, but also prisoners on federally designated camps.

17) Terrorist attacks (false flag or otherwise) will spread like wildfire. Israel is highly susceptible. The U.S. may see a string of attacks, including cyber attacks on infrastructure. Syria and it's supporters will be blamed regardless of evidence. The White House will begin broad institution of authoritarian powers, including continuity of government executive orders, the Patriot Act, the NDAA, etc.

18) Martial Law may not even be officially declared, but the streets of America will feel like martial law none the less.

19) False paradigms will flood the mainstream as the establishment seeks to divide American citizens. The conflict will be painted as Muslim against Christian, black against white, poor against rich (but not the super rich elites, of course). Liberty Movement activists will be labeled "traitors" for "undermining government credibility" during a time of crisis. The Neo-Conservatives will place all blame on Barack Obama. Neo-Liberals will blame conservatives as "divisive". Liberty Movement activists will point out that both sides are puppets of the same international cabal, and be labeled "traitors" again. The establishment will try to coax Americans into turning their rage on each other.

20) The Homeland Security apparatus will be turned completely inward, focusing entirely on "domestic enemies". The domain of the TSA will be expanded onto highways and city streets. Local police will be fully federalized. Northcom will field soldiers within U.S. border to deal with more resistant quarters of the country. Totalitarianism will become the norm."

When the dow:gold ratio goes below unity, I won't be buying what are considered blue chips today. I'll be looking for unencumbered balance sheets in the midcap and lower space. Heaven knows the true debt burden of these multinational conglomerates. Even with currency debasement mitigating the debt load alot of these companies will still be dragging a big booty. Enron was the prototype for off balance sheet financial fraud. Its practices were adopted systemically.

Oh Really? (Buybacks Ending?) by Karl Denninger

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=224055

"This is a 30 year pattern of decreasing interest rates. This has driven the S&P 500 "price" from ~100 to 1,600. The reason is that businesses and government entities have been able to continually roll over their debts rather than pay them off and with each "turn of the crank" the cost goes down in relative terms."

Hat tip to Chris over at Cubejelly.com for this vid. Apparently the Luciferians over at Blackrock are having a hard time flipping RE. They want you kids to hurry up and pay down your school debt to goose your credit scores.

Jessie's Excellent Financial Adventure Ep. 03: When To Buy that First Home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTxFHPvLvv4&feature=player_detailpage

Footnotes on Myths, Lies, Deceptions, Millstones

By: Jim Willie CB

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldenJackass/1378408376.php

Some key quotes:

" The reality is that 401k, IRA, and Keough savings plans are a grand trap. They entice the participants with tax deferral which is hardly tax avoidance. People's savings are then stuck in the system, never to come out. The reality is that funds are subjected to the whiplashes of the ever-present asset bubbles. Next on the reality tap is the forced conversion to special USTreasury Bonds, where they will earn no interest yield and be vulnerable to USGovt debt default writedowns."

"...The news networks cannot speak the truth, or else the population would exit banks, exit investment securities written on paper, and invest heavily in Gold & Silver, even take wealth in droves outside the country."

"The reality is that private equity firms[ like BlackRock mentioned above] funded by Wall Street are scooping up large tranches of bank-owned properties with the hope of converting them into massive cash flow machines.They are the primary factor in any semblance of fortified demand, the supply from continued foreclosures ongoing. The nasty ugly facade to the housing market is the cost that the private equity firms will be smacked with for renovation, vandalism, and rugged tenants who refuse to vacate. Two subscribers provided direct experience from South Florida and NorthEast Ohio on the upcoming sinkhole the carpetbaggers from Wall Street will see."

There's plenty more in the article. Enjoy!

Well, will you look at this. The BRICS are having a party and we are not invited.

clip_image0011.jpg

gold_price_during_currency_crises_mexico_russia_india_korea.gif

Gold is different from other asset classes that undergo a exponential blowoff stage. The rule of thumb is that after a blowoff top the asset price collapses back to the level at which the bull move started and usually overshooting to the downside. Yet gold is different. It comes back down, but not to the old level. It's a thermostat being reset.

20130906_inc2.png

goldvsmonetaryagg.jpg

For those on the fence fearing that they have missed the gold train, here's the big picture. You have missed nothing. The bull market has not even started.

Before the internet people like grumps and the webpages he cites would be classified as "crazy" or "insane". Now any two bit with a webpage and can make a graph in excel and be a "forecaster" or "investment adviser".

CNBC has sunk to absolute depths. First, two days in a row of Rocco BendOver, a former sports rap punk, and now this faux interview with Dick Kovacevich, recounting the days of the 2008 crisis. The questions are scripted and the answers. The guy's reading off a teleprompter...the interviewee is reading off the teleprompter!

Did you catch that blurb in the news about MI-6 asset, "al-Zawahiri calls for 'a large strike' on American soil." That means events aren't unfolding for the bankers in blocking the emerging Nat Gas Coop. The
Petrodollar system needs a war to stay alive, hence a real risk of false flags.

Fast forward to the 27 min mark. It's a more formal setting for the Jackass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GcrJks0EQ3g

There is no exit from QE until the glass is broken on the "In Case of Deflation" Box

The DJI really isn't an industrial index anymore. With GS, Nike, and Visa in and Alcoa, BAC, & HP out, that's two financials replacing one. As the EM go so goes Nike.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_components_of_the_Dow_Jones_Industrial_Average

Compare the Dow of today to the 1980 Dow when gold last matched the index at 1:1.
Back then there were muscular manufacturing, chemical giants, & big oil components. No ***gy financials and only two retailers--Sears and Woolworth. Now we have six financials--Visa, Amex, JPMorgue, Goldman's Ballsack, Travelers, and General Electric, a hedge fund that makes a few gadgets on the side. You could make a case for United Health also being a financial. Still have two retailers- Walmart and Home Depot. What a woosified index the DJI is. This is why this time around the Dow/gold ratio is going below one!

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/09/20/the-new-dow-may-no-longer-be-viable/

Grumps if you are so financially savvy why are you on here all the time and not managing your portfolio or working multiple jobs to put more into it?

I am genuinely curious.

You guys have to check out these subliminal messages during the national anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WDsI-zk6gfE

Also notice the David Lynch channel suggested on the right. I've always wondered why Lynch doesn't make movies anymore. It's probably b/c he doesn't march to the corporate beat and his previous work of dubka sorcerers cut a little close to the truth.

Last edited:
Very important article

Flash Trading Hits USTreasury Bonds

"Two weeks ago, an extraordinary memo was received from a trusted colleague. It could be important in yet unknown ways. The USTBond market is broken, and the USDollar cannot be defended. The memo read as follows. "I spoke with an old banking friend of mine on Saturday who now works as an Executive Officer in the Regulatory Division of the Dallas Federal Reserve. The gist of the conversation was this. There was a panic teleconference among all of the Regional Federal Reserve banks on Thursday afternoon [Sept 5th]. The subject of this emergency teleconference was USTreasury Yields. The perilously low capital of the Federal Reserve was at issue in this meeting, and the fact that they could no longer afford to defend the USDollar at this point"

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldenJackass/1380139200.php

Take note of the date of September 5th. Because...."On Thursday, Sept. 6... just a few days ago, China made the official announcement. China said on that day, our banking system is ready, all of our communication systems are ready, all of the transfer systems are ready, and as of that day, Thursday, Sept. 6, any nation in the world that wishes from this point on, to buy, sell, or trade crude oil, can do using the Chinese currency, not the American dollar" and “"On Friday, Sept. 7, Russia announced, that as of today, we will supply China with all of the crude oil that they need, no matter how much they want... there is no limit. And Russia will not sell or trade this crude oil to China using the American dollar."

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com/columns/casey-research/5058/daily-pfennig-markets-still-wondering-when-the-taper-will-begin-5058.html