*Official September 10, 2016 MCAT Thread*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frosted_flake

waaahmbulance attendant
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking the MCAT on September 10th, who else?

Lets form an awesome support system!

If this has already been created (I searched for a few minutes) someone let me know and I will delete it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Single testing year:
  • The MCAT exam can be taken up to three times.
Two consecutive-year period:
  • The MCAT exam can be taken up to four times.
Lifetime:
  • The MCAT exam can be taken up to seven times in a lifetime.
https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/faq/mcat-faqs/

Does that mean you took the first mcat exam 3 years ago? So like say you took the mcat in 2016 3 times, then once in 2017, would you have to wait till 2018 to take it a 5th time or could you take it again in 2017?

Does that mean you took the first mcat exam 3 years ago? So like say you took the mcat in 2016 3 times, then once in 2017, would you have to wait till 2018 to take it a 5th time or could you take it again in 2017?

I took the MCAT in
Jul 2009 (graduated in Jun 2010)
Apr 2013
Apr 2014
Jan 2016
Sep 2016

Edit: just read the rest of your question. If you took the MCAT 3 times in 2016 and once in 2017, then you would have to wait to take it again in 2018. At least that's what I'm getting from their FAQ. Honestly, trying to take the MCAT more than twice a year is more than I wanna even think about. Take your time to study and grasp the concepts.

Last edited:
It's been over 24 hours since my exam so I can't really talk about the specifics but here is my overall feelings.

C/P- so does the c and the p in c/p stand for biochem because i'm pretty sure that was the majority of what I saw on that section. Usually this is my best section however I ran out of time on the last passage. I was pretty upset about this because the last questions had some really easy plug and chug questions. I wish I would have spent less time toiling over those complicated pathways in the biochem passages and a little more time on those last few questions. would have been some easy points. Ultimately I don't know how to feel about this section. (AAMC scored I got a score of 128...we'll see).
CARS - I am an extremely slow reader. In all of the practice test I took (6 i believe) i never finished a CARS sections. I usually miss one or two per section maybe get a couple sections fully correct, however I always have had a passage that i just didn't have time to get to. Something completely out of the ordinary happened though...i finished the section. I felt like for the most part the passages were pretty easy as well as the questions. Nothing super philosophical or dense (except that object/society passage). I have hope for a decent score on this section (AAMC scored I got a 126).
B/B - for some reason I can't even remember this section. Ummmm....nope.nothing. i don't know if i'm experiencing dissociative amnesia or if the material was just that boring. I do remember getting through all the questions and having a few minutes to review. (AAMC predicted 127)
P/S - what was with this section?! I can relate to everyone out there who said that they narrowed most questions down to two answers but ultimately had to guess between them. I felt like I was making educated guesses on over 50% of the material. I did get one question on this section that came directly from the Section bank! And it was a question I had gotten wrong in my practice! I finished about 10 min early and went back through some of the questions i had marked as well as the first 3 passages. I've always felt like this section is very subjective. I like chemistry and physics because there is always a calculated answer (for the most part). psych and soc are too variable. (For some of the questions I feel like I have to put myself in the mindset of racist or a sexist in order to answer the questions lol this is completely of topic and just my opinion...the opinion of someone who isn't very good at predicting social behavior in real life or on paper). (AAMC scored i received a 127)

My AAMC scored total was 508. I have no idea if it will be a good predictor of how i did on Saturday. Hoping for a miracle though. I really don't want to retake this test. It is so demoralizing.

I am so relieved to have this over with. Shout out to the guy who says he didn't know what to do with himself today. Totally get that. I feel like i should be studying for something right now! Don't know how I'm going to wait for a month to get my score back. It's going to be brutal.

Thought I would update with my score.

I got a 513. Super happy about that since I had never scored that high in all my practice tests.
C/P - 127
CARS - 127
Bio - 129
P/S - 130
So happy this whole experience is over!