**Official SMDEP 2012 Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just submitted my application Friday. I applied to UVA, Columbia, and UMDNJ. I hope it is not too late for them to have everything processed by Feb 1. I found out about SMDEP at the end of Dec and it was a race to get LORs and everything done.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I finished my application early January. I have applied to the Columbia, Yale, and Duke sites.

So far everything has been processed except one letter of recommendation, it was sent a while ago, so it should have made its way there by now ^.^

I also applied to Columbia and Duke sites and UVA being my third.

I am in the same boat as you. I have given plenty of time to for the LOR to be sent in before the Feb. 1st deadline and either it's there and it hasn't been processed which is making me really mad or they haven't sent them yet which I doubt. Although I am having a difficult time getting in contact with one of my teachers to make sure he did actually fax it. :annoyed: But hopefully.

I just submitted my application Friday. I applied to UVA, Columbia, and UMDNJ. I hope it is not too late for them to have everything processed by Feb 1. I found out about SMDEP at the end of Dec and it was a race to get LORs and everything done.
Did you send your transcripts before submitting the App on Friday?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also applied to Columbia and Duke sites and UVA being my third.

I am in the same boat as you. I have given plenty of time to for the LOR to be sent in before the Feb. 1st deadline and either it's there and it hasn't been processed which is making me really mad or they haven't sent them yet which I doubt. Although I am having a difficult time getting in contact with one of my teachers to make sure he did actually fax it. :annoyed: But hopefully.

I know for sure both have been sent, I don't know why only one has been processed so far. hopefully they didn't lose it :(

Did you send your transcripts before submitting the App on Friday?

I did. I sent it about two weeks ago and I double checked with my school's registrar to make sure they sent it. How long has it been taking for other people's transcripts and LORs to be processed?

I did. I sent it about two weeks ago and I double checked with my school's registrar to make sure they sent it. How long has it been taking for other people's transcripts and LORs to be processed?
It took about 3 days for them to process my transcripts and they still haven't gotten my LOR.

It took about 3 days for them to process my transcripts and they still haven't gotten my LOR.

Hopefully it is taking longer because there is a large number trying to make the Feb 1 deadline and not because it got lost or something. :(

My teachers faxed my LOR's and they were updated the next day; my transcripts are another story. I am praying they get updated by tuesday.

That's amazing! I'm debating whether I should call them tomorrow or something and ask about my transcripts; I sent them last week.

That's amazing! I'm debating whether I should call them tomorrow or something and ask about my transcripts; I sent them last week.
Yeah they should have been there for sure.

Last edited:
Does anyone else find it annoying that you have to use Internet explorer or Netscape and it can't be on a Mac? Really? Firefox is soo much better than IE or Netscape!

Now I am worried. I sent my transcript on the 18th and there has been no status change in anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thus far, still only one letter of recommendation in. However, Yale is already reviewing my application. Hopefully it goes well :confused:

So excited for all of you!! -fingers crossed-

Hey for my transcripts it says received/approved. but for my recs it says "received"

Should it say received/approved for the letters too?

Hours now!! And I won't be able to check until later today. Ughhh!!!

They rc'd the transcript today JUST in the nick of time!!! So relieved. Now just waiting.

Hey for my transcripts it says received/approved. but for my recs it says "received"

Should it say received/approved for the letters too?

I'm guessing not because mine says the exact same thing.

It says mine was completed today but my percentage still says 95% :confused: I don't know why though because I went through it like 5 times making sure everything was filled out. Hope it's actually complete!

OMG. They still have not received my transcript. They already have my LORs which were sent after my transcript. What is going on?!

Screenshot2012-01-31at45048PM.png

Is it supposed to say something next to the schools?

Yes! they received one of my LORs... its weird, though. The one they received was sent later than my first LOR... I don't think they'll process my transcript in time before tomorrow. One can hope, however!

Yes! they received one of my LORs... its weird, though. The one they received was sent later than my first LOR... I don't think they'll process my transcript in time before tomorrow. One can hope, however!

Did you ever end up calling them?

I unfortunately called them half an an hour after their operating ours. I didn't know they closed around 4:30 in the afternoon.

For those of you that know your application is complete... do all of your application materials show as "Received"? Or is SMDEP too lazy to update the application website? haha

I unfortunately called them half an an hour after their operating ours. I didn't know they closed around 4:30 in the afternoon.

I tried calling them but I couldn't get through. I was on hold for 23 minutes and then my call was lost. I sent them an email instead.

I wonder if things that get received tomorrow would still be included in the Feb.1 deadline. I don't understand why they haven't got it yet.

For those of you that know your application is complete... do all of your application materials show as "Received"? Or is SMDEP too lazy to update the application website? haha

Mines got updated in the late afternoon. As of now everything is complete and "Received." And one is already being reviewed (hopefully they took into consideration my LOR that came in a couple of hours after they started).

The application is supposed to be at 95% and will only turn to 100% once a decision has been made by at least one of your schools. Hope that helps. On another note I am pissed at my chem professor for screwing me out of an A on my test today with an impossible questions that was worth 7 points =( *sigh* These profs just never understand us pre-health students =(

The application is supposed to be at 95% and will only turn to 100% once a decision has been made by at least one of your schools. Hope that helps. On another note I am pissed at my chem professor for screwing me out of an A on my test today with an impossible questions that was worth 7 points =( *sigh* These profs just never understand us pre-health students =(

No, it was because I didn't type in my middle name, it's at 100% now. I'm sorry about your chem teacher!

My application keep uncertifying itself. Every time I log in, it tells me 'You have completed Section 5: Designate Sites. Please proceed to Section 6: Certify and Submit.'. I certify it and then next time I log in it has uncertified itself and is asking me to do the same thing. Is anyone else experiencing this?

My application keep uncertifying itself. Every time I log in, it tells me 'You have completed Section 5: Designate Sites. Please proceed to Section 6: Certify and Submit.'. I certify it and then next time I log in it has uncertified itself and is asking me to do the same thing. Is anyone else experiencing this?
No but I would call them and let them know so that it doesn't hurt you.

I have a similar problem. It showed that I didn't designate my year (sophomore), so I had to re submit this morning. It showed 100 percent, but when I refreshed the page, it went back too 95 :/

I have a similar problem. It showed that I didn't designate my year (sophomore), so I had to re submit this morning. It showed 100 percent, but when I refreshed the page, it went back too 95 :/

Yeah, I called them and she said as long as I can see the view status page and it is showing as submitted and complete, don't worry about it. It still doesn't show as certified but she looked me up in the system and she said that everything is done. I need to stop stressing! lol I probably won't even get picked because i'm a white girl. Here's to still hoping!! :laugh:

Yeah, I called them and she said as long as I can see the view status page and it is showing as submitted and complete, don't worry about it. It still doesn't show as certified but she looked me up in the system and she said that everything is done. I need to stop stressing! lol I probably won't even get picked because i'm a white girl. Here's to still hoping!! :laugh:

By complete do you mean the red statement at the top of the view status page?

FYI! I called today at the columbia site and if it says REVIEWED or REVIEWING or something like that next to your school it means that you either got accepted or rejected but it won't show till Feb. 15th. If it does not say anything next to your school your still under review!! Also did Duke call anyone else today about what current classes you are taking??

mine doesn't say anything next to the schools :( Maybe it's because I wasn't completed until yesterday.

FYI! I called today at the columbia site and if it says REVIEWED or REVIEWING or something like that next to your school it means that you either got accepted or rejected but it won't show till Feb. 15th. If it does not say anything next to your school your still under review!! Also did Duke call anyone else today about what current classes you are taking??

No Duke hasn't called me yet but hopefully! Also what other school did you apply to? I am assuming Duke and Columbia.

I called this afternoon about my transcript. They had it but they didn't update it until I called. But now my application is complete and they can start reviewing it!

Duke called me! It was like 2 weeks ago. Does it mean anything?? Maybe we got accepted and they want to see what classes to assign us for the program =)))

YES!! I got the call during my chemistry lab! I had to tell her to call back later :p. She did.

Duke called me! It was like 2 weeks ago. Does it mean anything?? Maybe we got accepted and they want to see what classes to assign us for the program =)))

I looked back at the older forums and no one seems to really know. But there wasn't a correlation. Someone suggested it was that the transcripts didn't include all the info they wanted or something??

Mine STILL doesn't say anything next to the schools but I'm like 'whatever'. I came on here this morning and saw that some people rc'd calls from Duke and then about an hour later my phone gets a call from an unknown number. Underneath my phone tells me what state it's from and it said 'NC'. I must admit, I was a little excited until I picked up the phone and it was a wrong number LOL. Womp, womp, wooooomp!

Yes I applied to Columbia, Duke, and then University of Washington! I'm just scared that I won't get into either of my top 2. Also I went on my profile today and "Application is in Review" was what it said next to Columbia. Does it say that on anyone else's for Columbia or Duke?????? I'm freaking OUT!

Yes I applied to Columbia, Duke, and then University of Washington! I'm just scared that I won't get into either of my top 2. Also I went on my profile today and "Application is in Review" was what it said next to Columbia. Does it say that on anyone else's for Columbia or Duke?????? I'm freaking OUT!

Yes. All three of my sites are "Application in Review" hopefully we get in :p

Yes. All three of my sites are "Application in Review" hopefully we get in :p
Since when has your said "In review"? Also when was your application submitted ?Also what's your GPA lol sorry I just wanna know how others are

Since when has your said "In review"? Also when was your application submitted ?Also what's your GPA lol sorry I just wanna know how others are

One of them was in review since 1/31, the other two just became "in review" this morning. My gpa is 3.53.