*Official University of Iowa Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread*

gsquared

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Post if you are applying to University of Iowa Class College of Dentistry for the class of 2020. I didn't see a thread when I searched, and I haven't heard anything yet from admissions (I was in the second batch).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Haven't heard anything and I'm 1st batch...

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone! Iowa is a great school.

Has anyone received a confirmation email yet?

No confirmation email yet.. but it looks like there are people getting interviews already

soleus--where are you seeing this?

Awesome! Where is this general interview thread?

Is anyone in this thread instate and did the deferred admit process? I went that route.

I received an email yesterday stating that my app. Was complete and under review, and that they would contact me if selected for an interview and would then be invited to submit their secondary app. My AADSAS also says "received/under review." I am second batch, but added this school 7/23 and it was mailed out 7/31 (yesterday, same day I got the email). Good luck everybody!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Invite! Kind of surprised because my application hasn't even been mailed yet. GPA was verified last Tuesday and received interview invitation Friday.

Thinking it has something to do with me being a part of the Deferred Admit Program.

Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
I received an interview invite as well but my application hasn't been mailed. Deferred admit for sure.

app submitted 7/24, but my 2nd science professor required some extra prodding to finally get his letter in, but got it in 7/31. Aadsas still says received/ awaiting additional information.

but any OOSers heard anything?

Yeah, I'm OOS and have an interview Sept 18

Reactions: 1 users
So exciting! I can't wait to see you all interviewing here!

Are y'all being promoted to pay Iowa's fee or do I need to be more proactive?

I just got an invite!!

Did you guys have to wait a bit to log on to the application?

My interview is Friday, Sept. 18th, 9:00-1:30.

I will definitely be getting drinks after..

Quick question. Does anyone know if the application ID when reviewing your application before submission differs from your AADSAS ID? Because mine does, and I am wondering if they are supposed to be different.

So my AADSAD just updated to "Invited for Interview"... I haven't heard anything from them yet about scheduling but I just thought I'd let you guys know! I really, really hope it's true! :)

Just got an interview invite. OOS.

I just got a deferred email. :unsure: My stats where TS 23 AA 22 PAT 20 QR 20 and a 3.71 oGPA 3.5 sGPA. I don't know what happened :bang:

Just got an invite!
School: Iowa
Notification date: 8/26/15 8:12 am central time
Interview date: tbd
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2/15 (second batch)
Application received date/s: 7/31/15 (added 7/23/15)
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.72, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/27/no

k

Last edited:
Just got an interview invite a few days ago! Still working on the supplemental application before I can choose an interview date...

Anyone already had an interview here and has any tips or advice?

I just got waitlisted for an interview (deferral) this morning. My stats are 3.77 ogpa, 3.55 sgpa and 22AA 22 TS 20 PAT. I'm OOS. Darn it all!

my interview is tomorrow!!!

I just got waitlisted for an interview (deferral) this morning. My stats are 3.77 ogpa, 3.55 sgpa and 22AA 22 TS 20 PAT. I'm OOS. Darn it all!
When was your mail-out date????

I had my interview on the first interview date. If anyone has questions about it, feel free to PM me.

:unsure:Had my interview today! Not as bad as I expected! Good luck to you all. May the odds be ever in your favor :happy:

Notification date: 9/16/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/14
Application complete date: 7/14
GPA: 3.62 BCP/3.68 science/3.72 overall
DAT: 21 AA/20 TS/23 PAT

INTERVIEW!!!!

School: IOWA COLLEGE OF DENTISTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns:
Notification date:
9/28/15
Interview date: TBD
Method of notification: Email
Residency: ND
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/28/15
Application complete date: 07/22/15
GPA (science, overall): BCP: 3.87 Science: 3.89 Non-science: 3.91 Total: 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC):
AA:20 TS:19 OC: 20 GC: 20 Bio: 19 RC: 22 QR:18 PAT: 18....

Anything cool to do in Iowa city ??
Check out the downtown/ped-mall area over on the East side of campus. A lot of good places to eat and some cool bars (if that's your thing).

I haven't heard back from them yet. I'm OOS and wondering if OOS interviews have been completed already...

Emailed yesterday wondering my application status and just got deferred today. Darn it I was really hoping for a chance at Iowa. From what I've heard it's a great school!