Official Western University School of Dental Medicine

s1eep1ess

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anything heard anything from this school. I've done everything on the check list. thx

Members don't see this ad.

I have also completed the supplemental application a while ago. From previous years it seems that Western doesnt make any contact until august.

Has anything heard anything from this school. I've done everything on the check list. thx

I asked - they're currently getting and processing applications. They'll send a confirmation email when the app's been processed. You also can check your status on the secondary website.

Members don't see this ad :)
So no one has heard anything from Western yet? I looked on the secondary application site, and my application status says "Incomplete-Items Outstanding". Anyone else with a similar status or receive an email or something from Western? Thanks!

My app was mailed second batch. Ive submitted the online supplemental, paid the fee, and just emailed them my prereq worksheet yesterday (i had totally forgotten about it!). No updates yet. Though i assume itll take about a week before they process that worksheet.

My app was mailed second batch. Ive submitted the online supplemental, paid the fee, and just emailed them my prereq worksheet yesterday (i had totally forgotten about it!). No updates yet. Though i assume itll take about a week before they process that worksheet.

SAME! I mailed the worksheet yesterday because I forgot it too. I called today and they said they havent processed anything as yet. it will be 1-2 more weeks until we hear something. But they will definitely let us know when our app is complete!

I just received an email from Western with the title "Secondary Application Received". I guess that is something! Hopefully an interview comes soon!

I also got said email, and also almost had said heart attack.

I was really prepared to wait a couple weeks to hear something. Yay western! :)

I got an email saying that my supplemental has been received. I checked my status and they haven't even received my aasdsas application yet

So I called admissions today, I also received the email saying they received my secondary app, and they said that interviews wont be going out until September and they wont start until October...

Hey Folks,
I did get an email stating that my 2* is received, but the online status say something else.

What is your WesternU online application status?

My showing "incomplete-Item Outstanding"

Missing App Rec'd from Service
Missing Supp App Rec'd
Missing DAT Scores
Missing Dentistry Experience Hours

;) Do you have the same thing?

I got an email saying that my supplemental has been received. I checked my status and they haven't even received my aasdsas application yet

Hey Folks,
I did get an email stating that my 2* is received, but the online status say something else.

What is your WesternU online application status?

My showing "incomplete-Item Outstanding"

Missing App Rec'd from Service
Missing Supp App Rec'd
Missing DAT Scores
Missing Dentistry Experience Hours

;) Do you have the same thing?

Yes

Members don't see this ad :)
My online application just updated saying all of my supplemental materials ("App Rec'd from Service," "DAT Scores," and "Dentistry Experience Hours") have been received since July 19, 2013. I was in the first batch and submitted my supplemental materials July 9th.

Progress!

My online application just updated saying all of my supplemental materials ("App Rec'd from Service," "DAT Scores," and "Dentistry Experience Hours") have been received since July 19, 2013. I was in the first batch and submitted my supplemental materials July 9th.

Progress!
I got that same e-mail twice haha! I freaked out again when it says "I am pleased" since I already got that e-mail last week lol.

I just got an email stating they got my Aadsas app. It was sent second batch.

UPDATE: the online portal now has all my app materials. Hopefully soon I'll get the confirmation email saying my app is under review!

Last edited:
I hate that every email from them starts with some form of a congratulatory greeting. Anyway, my application materials were received this morning...third batch

I hate that every email from them starts with some form of a congratulatory greeting. Anyway, my application materials were received this morning...third batch

Yep same here. 3rd batch. They just received my AADSAS app and I send my other things in before.

Does western really not accept any AP credits? My chemistry I credits are from high school but I took chemistry II and biochem in college but biochem didn't have a lab. Now I only have 7 credits of chem if they don't count my AP credits.

Does western really not accept any AP credits? My chemistry I credits are from high school but I took chemistry II and biochem in college but biochem didn't have a lab. Now I only have 7 credits of chem if they don't count my AP credits.

The adea book says they do. I'm at wok and can't look it up on their site right now- does anyone else have a definitive answer on this?

For the prerequisite form what'd you guys put for the grade if you had ap credits?

Has anyone received an invite for Preview Day? Does everyone get invited to this?

I just got an invite. I would assume all applicants did although I am not sure.

Ya I got it too...I don't really understand the point if we are waiting on interviews?

heyy.. this is my first time posting! but i had the same question. I got the invite email today.

I live in Louisiana and I can't really justify spending the money to go out there, rent a car, pay for a hotel after already paying so much for my applications.

However, if not attending will somehow negatively affect on my application, I'm definitely gonna go

Yea I'm definitely going to the preview day, but its not really a problem being from San Diego.

I don't think it will negatively affect our applications at all. I would also have to fly there and I can't pay to go out there and then say I get an interview to do that all over again. I was invited to preview day last year also because I went to the school fair they had at my school. So they are not just inviting people who applied but pretty much anyone can go.

hey guys! i was wondering for the supplemental, did we have to write an essay? on the app, it says
"Enter your answer to each Essay question. Please limit your comments to one page."

but I dont see an explicit essay question?

or is it referring to this? the stuff that starts with

factors that may have had a negative effect and ends with the bullet on
why you are applying to the Western?

It also says Please limit your comments to one page. So if I want to address multiple of those bullets, all the responses together should be one page or the response to each question be one page?
thanks so much!

hey guys! i was wondering for the supplemental, did we have to write an essay? on the app, it says
"Enter your answer to each Essay question. Please limit your comments to one page."

It also says Please limit your comments to one page. So if I want to address multiple of those bullets, all the responses together should be one page or the response to each question be one page?
thanks so much!

Those questions are exactly what they're talking about. As for the one page limit, I just did everything in word. I made sure it was within the limit and copy and pasted. Not sure how strict they really are but instructions are instructions. Call them if need be.Good luck.

thanks so much!

I'd be a little wary of addressing the bullet points separately - there's no telling how the formatting will look on their end and I'd be nervous it might be confusing to have 2 separate, totally unrelated paragraphs. See if you can blend your response into one cohesive essay.

As far as length, I think they want all of your responses to be within about a page. Granted, margins, font, font size, spacing, etc. all play into what is "one page," so I don't think there is any real hard cut-off. That said, I think they mention the "one page" limit just to prevent people from writing novels on why they got an F in a class or whatever. Ballpark it and use your judgement.

Did someone check the tuition for this school? I applied but didn't check the tuition before that. Holy sh... It's $400 000 overall!! I can't believe dental education is reaching that pick already!!!!

Here's a detailed breakdown of the tuition. The tuition itself is ~$63k and then they estimate room&board + transportation + personal expenses to be ~$25k, which can vary depending on the student. Yes, it's incredibly expensive, but I don't think Western costs that much more than other schools.

sooo on my aadsas i submitted LOEs from 2 dentists, 1 professor and 1 personal, i know that Western requires 2 professors but if they haven't reviewed my app yet and asked for it, should i send in my other professor's LOE before they ask? or should I wait?

Reactions: 1 user
I got an "application complete/under review" email today.

sooo on my aadsas i submitted LOEs from 2 dentists, 1 professor and 1 personal, i know that Western requires 2 professors but if they haven't reviewed my app yet and asked for it, should i send in my other professor's LOE before they ask? or should I wait?

If they require two professors, then I would think you need to send them two professor LOEs, right? It's a requirement for a reason. But maybe they'll let it slide? Sinc AADSAS only allows you to upload 4 LOEs total, see if you ca send the prof letter directly to Western.

heyy.. this is my first time posting! but i had the same question. I got the invite email today.

I live in Louisiana and I can't really justify spending the money to go out there, rent a car, pay for a hotel after already paying so much for my applications.

However, if not attending will somehow negatively affect on my application, I'm definitely gonna go

I definitely would not spend hundreds of dollars just to go to PREVIEW DAY. I would imagine it would be like going to an interview without the crazy stress level you would have plus 100 students there at once. It's kind of like an open house where they give you more information about the school and what they have to offer. It's more of them advertising their school. I went two years ago and we got to ask dental students and a dental professor questions regarding the school and saw the the simulation clinic. So in my opinion, save your money until you get an official interview from them.

Woo, just got an email saying my application has been processed and sent for review

Ditto. I got it a few days ago. I wonder what their turnaround is.

You talking about this one?

"Good News! Your application has been processed and sent to the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee for review. Should you be selected for an interview, we will contact you via phone or email to schedule a convenient interview date. We will provide further details at that time.

... etc etc"

Guys, I got the same email on august 1st and still no news LOL.

I posted in the official interview/acceptance thread, but just got a phone call today for an interview.

Happiest day of my freaking life! Got my 1st interview!!!! Phone call today :) if I can do it, anyone can