Case Western School of Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: Case Western School of Dental Medicine Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Case Western Reserve University School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone's status still "Application Complete"? It has been like this for some time now. Anyone have "Under Review" status?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #4
Notification date: 9/8
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: OOS - MN
AADSAS mail-out date:
6/17
Application complete date: 7/12
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.72, oGPA:3.78
Casper: 4th Quartile
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 21 TS, 22 PAT, 23 RC, no sections below 17
Method of interview: Virtual (9/14), second interview, virtual (10/24), in-person tour on 11/12

Last edited:
Interview #3
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: OOS - CA
AADSAS mail-out date:
6/01
Application complete date: 06/26
GPA (science, overall):
sGPA: 3.70, oGPA:3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA, 23 TS, 23 PAT, 21 RC, no sections below 17
Method of interview: Virtual

Interview #2
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
Application complete date: I believe 9/8 ish cause that's when they received my Casper score
GPA (science, overall):
sGPA: 3.93, oGPA:3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA, 21 TS, 20 PAT, 18 RC, no sections below 17

What's the dress code for the in-person visit days? Interview attire or something less formal?

Hi Everyone, I am trying to fill in the FAFSA form. Can anyone help me verify if case western's code is 003137. It says 003137 is for Case Western Reserve University, not specify school of dentistry. Is that right. This is my first time fill in FAFASA form. Thank you so much for your help.

Hi Everyone, I am trying to fill in the FAFSA form. Can anyone help me verify if case western's code is 003137. It says 003137 is for Case Western Reserve University, not specify school of dentistry. Is that right. This is my first time fill in FAFASA form. Thank you so much for your help.
Honestly I’d wait to fill out fafsa until you get accepted. Their financial aid office for the dental school will pass along that information.

Honestly I’d wait to fill out fafsa until you get accepted. Their financial aid office for the dental school will pass along that information.
Sure! I will wait. Thanks for your reply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone recently received an interview?

Has anyone who already received an interview scheduled their faculty interview yet? I received my interview 9/8 and had my first interview Mr. Sherman about a week after that. I still haven't received the link to schedule the faculty interview?

Has anyone who already received an interview scheduled their faculty interview yet? I received my interview 9/8 and had my first interview Mr. Sherman about a week after that. I still haven't received the link to schedule the faculty interview?
Yeah, I finished all my interviews with Case. Had my faculty interview last Monday. Had my interview with Mr. Sherman the second week of September so it took a while before I got my faculty interview. It takes time, they told me to not be surprised if I didn't interview until November. So don't stress!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I finished all my interviews with Case. Had my faculty interview last Monday. Had my interview with Mr. Sherman the second week of September so it took a while before I got my faculty interview. It takes time, they told me to not be surprised if I didn't interview until November. So don't stress!
Thanks! Yeah he mentioned that to me too but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't like entirely out of the loop/didn't miss an email somehow! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! Yeah he mentioned that to me too but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't like entirely out of the loop/didn't miss an email somehow! Good luck!
Yeah, I feel you! I started to forget I had an interview with them, lol, and I then I finally got the email and reached out and they got back to me pretty quickly to set it up. Good luck to you as well!

I just interviewed with the faculty member. Best interview so far. Just give it time and they'll reach out.

Those who have already went on tour, how is it? Do you guys just walk around campus? Are there presentations and lunch?

Those who have already went on tour, how is it? Do you guys just walk around campus? Are there presentations and lunch?
It was good, it's a long day so prep for that since it starts bright and early at 8am. You walk the health sciences building and the dental school clinic. There's like a 2 hour presentation on their curriculum and how to finance your education. They also serve lunch, I believe when you signed up for it you pick your meal.

Are there any in-person tour days after Dec for case?? I can't make it to any of the pre-dec dates. Will my application be put in hold, and will I not hear back on Dec 15?

Are there any in-person tour days after Dec for case?? I can't make it to any of the pre-dec dates. Will my application be put in hold, and will I not hear back on Dec 15?
Possibly. Because the interview is required for acceptance I believe you need to attend to be considered. You could email and ask them to confirm but that’s my understanding. I can’t check to see if there’s more tours, are you able to see on the link they provided? I’d imagine they’ll have more tours just since not everyone accepts their offer so they’ll still have to fill the class after Dec. 15.

Acceptance #2
Notification date:
12/14 at 11pm CST offer made on portal and email!
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS - MN
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.72; overall: 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 21 TS, 22 PAT, No

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else get the survey to see if you’re still interested in being considered?

They said that more acceptances will come out tomorrow. Does anyone know of the email will come at midnight automatically, or at a random point throughout the day?

They said that more acceptances will come out tomorrow. Does anyone know of the email will come at midnight automatically, or at a random point throughout the day?
On December 15th I got email at 11pm CST or 12am eastern. So hopefully it’s around that time! Or they send throughout the day

I haven’t heard anything yet. I thought they said we would hear back today

Yeah, I did my tour in February. It was easily the best campus/building I had been to for dentistry

Last edited:
Just got accepted. Recieved an email today at 7 pm. Interviewed in March.

Just got an acceptance offer today 3/22 at 7 pm EST!!! I did both interviews in March.

Is it safe to say that Case Western is done giving out interview invites?

Interview #2
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
Application complete date: I believe 9/8 ish cause that's when they received my Casper score
GPA (science, overall):
sGPA: 3.93, oGPA:3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA, 21 TS, 20 PAT, 18 RC, no sections below 17
Hey! How did you sign up for Casper without a dent pin?