Ohio State Class of 2020 Hopefuls!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Been silent for a while. Anyone hear any good news yet?
Nothing here :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on the 5th, and I haven't heard anything either. Last year they sent out the majority of their acceptances on the 17th, so maybe we can be hopeful for next week :) Although it does make me nervous that it seems like more people got calls than last year...

But then again, that email said early March, right? Hopefully they said that that because it probably will be earlier, but they give the absolute latest it could be so no one is worried earlier? :shrug: This is all just speculation of course, I would just like to hear something. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I was curious if any more batches started coming out yet. It is still early February and they have until early March. Its odd, it seems like OSU is lagging behind this year more than usual. There are still quite a few seats to fill so don't get too fired up just yet! Fingers crossed for everyone in limbo!

Been silent for a while. Anyone hear any good news yet?

Nope... I'm not really expecting to hear anything until next week at the absolute earliest. Last year acceptances went out around Feb 17th/18th, but hard to say what will happen this year. Fingers crossed for everybody! :xf::luck::biglove:

Nope... I'm not really expecting to hear anything until next week at the absolute earliest. Last year acceptances went out around Feb 17th/18th, but hard to say what will happen this year. Fingers crossed for everybody! :xf::luck::biglove:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH possibly next week. Im scared, nervous, and excited all at the same time!

The suspense is killing me. I have never wanted anything more in my life!

The suspense is killing me. I have never wanted anything more in my life!

Yep... I'm trying so hard not to think about the date... the key word here being "trying". :p

Ahh good luck everybody! I want everybody to get accepted already so they can send the FB link for the group class and I can meet my future classmates!! Lol I hope that's all of you here!! :D

Reactions: 2 users
I was so shocked to get an interview, I don't really think I have a chance at getting in.

I was so shocked to get an interview, I don't really think I have a chance at getting in.

Don't think like that !! I don't think anyone was as shocked as me thru this whole process lol positive thoughts !

They wouldn't have given you an interview if they didn't think you had a chance at getting in! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I've a question for the current students there OOS. How did you go about finding places to live? Did you make a trip there a couple of months before? Just went by worth of mouth? Im 10+ hours away (by car) so I can't just pick up one weekend and check places out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I've a question for the current students there OOS. How did you go about finding places to live? Did you make a trip there a couple of months before? Just went by worth of mouth? Im 15.5 hours away (by car) so I can't just pick up one weekend and check places out.
I never visited Columbus to look for housing. I just responded to an upper classman who posted about needing a roommate on our class facebook page. She posted a lot of pictures of the house and then I skyped with her and the others that would be living in the house. After that I signed the lease. There will definitely be many current vet students looking for roommates for the next year and it's great to live with someone in the classes above you. Between last year and this year I've learned a lot about 4th year thanks to my roommates

I never visited Columbus to look for housing. I just responded to an upper classman who posted about needing a roommate on our class facebook page. She posted a lot of pictures of the house and then I skyped with her and the others that would be living in the house. After that I signed the lease. There will definitely be many current vet students looking for roommates for the next year and it's great to live with someone in the classes above you. Between last year and this year I've learned a lot about 4th year thanks to my roommates

That's great to know! Thank you! Did you bring any pets with you?
Also did anybody get a studio apartment without checking the places out?
I'm going to be bringing my 80# dog with me (loves all dogs and gets along with cats lol) so I'm trying to see my possibilities.

Last edited:
I'm going to be bringing my 80# pitbull with me (loves all dogs and gets along with cats lol) so I'm trying to see my possibilities.

Columbus Dog Connection has a list of pit-friendly apartments. Most of the more popular apartments (that is, ones people tend to go with) do not allow bully breeds, among others (most don't allow shepherds and mine won't allow my husky). A house might be easier to rent, as you're less likely to have breed restrictions.

I'm going to be bringing my 80# pitbull with me (loves all dogs and gets along with cats lol) so I'm trying to see my possibilities.
I live in LC Paddock in Dublin. I have two pit bulls. Only breed restriction they have is no rotts or chows. There are a ton of LC apartment complexes and some downtown if you don't want to live farther from campus. Yes it is a little pricey but with a roommate it isn't bad and they are super nice, so I definitely think it's worth looking into!

I live in LC Paddock in Dublin. I have two pit bulls. Only breed restriction they have is no rotts or chows. There are a ton of LC apartment complexes and some downtown if you don't want to live farther from campus. Yes it is a little pricey but with a roommate it isn't bad and they are super nice, so I definitely think it's worth looking into!

Great to know thank you! Love your pittie in your picture btw!

Last edited:
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Reactions: 11 users
OMG Accepted

Reactions: 9 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!! (OOS) Totally wasn't expecting to hear anything today, that was the best surprise :)

Reactions: 10 users
AHHHH I'M ACCEPTED!!!! This is my first one and it feels SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!

ACCEPTED!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH

Reactions: 11 users
Ahh !!!!! So happy for everyone !!! Finally class mates !!!

Reactions: 6 users
holy crap. OOS accepted. I thought I had no chance in hell of getting in.

How did you find out and are you all OOS or IS???

Darn I'm in state and still waiting....lol
Congrats everyone!!!

Accepted !!!!!!!!!

Accepted OOS! Congrats everyone. Just to clarify physics (1 or 2) is not a pre-req for OSU right???

Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED!!! So excited!! In state by email! Congrats to everyone who was accepted. For those still waiting to hear...good luck and try not to worry!!

Reactions: 7 users
This doesn't feel like real life. Second time applicant here and I was JUST ACCEPTED! if anyone doesn't get in this year PLEASE PLEASE keep your head up! Your time will come!!!

This doesn't feel like real life. Second time applicant here and I was JUST ACCEPTED! if anyone doesn't get in this year PLEASE PLEASE keep your head up! Your time will come!!!

I remember seeing you on here last year, I had my fingers crossed for you both years, and I'm so excited you got in this year! Congrats! I'm so excited for you!

I remember seeing you on here last year, I had my fingers crossed for you both years, and I'm so excited you got in this year! Congrats! I'm so excited for you!
Thank you so much!!! And yup! I've been around for a while now hahaha :)

Accepted OOS :D Now to figure out what to do about the first year cost...

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted OOS :D Now to figure out what to do about the first year cost...
Yeah that first year tuition is going to be crazy, but hey! At least the school lets us do IS for the remainder 3 years!

Reactions: 2 users
Oh my gosh guys I was reading how you all got accepted and I got upset because I knew the mass email had gone out and I hadnt gotten an email. But it turns out my email just wasn't loading and I got ACCEPTED!!!! Congrats to everyone!

Has anyone tried to go on and accept yet that received their email tonight?? My status still says pending so I can't click accept or decline

Has anyone tried to go on and accept yet that received their email tonight?? My status still says pending so I can't click accept or decline

I remember last year it took my buckeyelink maybe 2-3 days to update. Don't worry, if you got the email it's real, you're in!

Accepted :joyful: IS!!! OSU has been my dream for my whole life...Best day of my life that's for sure.

ACCEPTED!!!! OOS email!!!

Reactions: 4 users
It's so exciting to see the class start to form!!!

Reactions: 5 users

I'm so happy you got in! I was rooting for you!

I'm so happy for everyone, and I really hope there are more acceptances to come.