Ohio State Class of 2020 Hopefuls!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's not just you. It's not winter in OH until you've fallen on your butt at least once.
I never had this problem in undergrad (in Ohio as well) but that town was much flatter :)

Members don't see this ad.

Lol I saw these shoe traction chains that you can put on your shoes so you don't fall. I totally wanted to buy them but my BF told me that they are goofy and people would laugh at me lol. Maybe I should get them anyways now that I read this :laugh: . Let me just say that I've only seen snow once so forgive my over reaction to real winters lol

Reactions: 1 user
Lol I saw these shoe traction chains that you can put on your shoes so you don't fall. I totally wanted to buy them but my BF told me that they are goofy and people would laugh at me lol. Maybe I should get them anyways now that I read this :laugh: . Let me just say that I've only seen snow once so forgive my over reaction to real winters lol
I just laughed way too har d at this!!! You just made my day.

Members don't see this ad :)
My grandfather has those...I should really get a pair and save my arse.

Reactions: 1 users
One more day of interviews.... That means that hopefully the remainder of us hear something SOON!

One more day of interviews.... That means that hopefully the remainder of us hear something SOON!
Good luck to all of the applicants waiting to hear back! I know they have until the end of February to make final decisions, but I hope they don't take that long for you guys!

Several friends of mine said they heard in mid-February last year...so just remember that no news is still good news!!!
(and hopefully it'll be sooner than that for everyone)
Rooting for all of you future buckeyes :love:

Reactions: 4 users
For those that received acceptance did you all receive letters / emails from your interviewers as well?
Should we send a reply to the interviewers even if we do not have any questions?
I sent a thank you email to my interviewers after my interview, but did not follow up with them about getting admitted. They responded to my thank you emails though with the general "great meeting you as well and let me know if you have any questions"

Maybe just say thank you if you haven't already and that you look forward to joining them in the field?

For those that received acceptance did you all receive letters / emails from your interviewers as well?
Should we send a reply to the interviewers even if we do not have any questions?
I just followed up with a thanks for the email and the warm welcome. I let them know that I accepted my seat as well.

I sent a thank you email to my interviewers after my interview, but did not follow up with them about getting admitted. They responded to my thank you emails though with the general "great meeting you as well and let me know if you have any questions"

Maybe just say thank you if you haven't already and that you look forward to joining them in the field?
Damn... My interviewers didn't even bother answering back

Damn... My interviewers didn't even bother answering back

Neither did mine, and I still got in! I don't think responses to thank you emails are correlated with admissions decisions, so I wouldn't worry too much :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the Facebook group is going to get created?
I would imagine they'd wait until bulk decisions go out, but I'm just so excited to meet everyone and see what everyone is interested in :)

I think anyone could make one and just post the link here so everyone else could join?
Our class president will make a closed group and invite students who have accepted their offers to it.

I didn't write my interviewers a thank you email, but I received calls from both of them congratulating me on getting in :/ made me feel bad about not sending a thank you note.

I also didnt write a thak you note so was surprised when i got the emails from the interviewers. Im glad tho that they emailed instead of calling cuz if they called it wouldve been a bit awkward since i wouldnt know what to say besides just reapeating umm and thank you

I interviewed on the 6th, sent a thank you on the 7th, was accepted the 11th, and got a followup email from one of my interviewers TODAY.

So, I'm going with totally random. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Weirdly enough I just got a congratulations email from one of my interviewers too. I do feel bad I didn't send a thank you message too now. But I replied right away with a thank you message to his email.

Also got one today... maybe the admissions committee asked everyone to do so Feb 1?

Omg the impossible has happened I just got the call from Dr.lord !!! I've been accepted :banana:

Reactions: 5 users
Also got one today... maybe the admissions committee asked everyone to do so Feb 1?
Apparently that 'suggestion' wasn't passed to my interviewers...but they did respond shortly after I sent my thank you...so maybe that was enough for them? :laugh:
I had a professor and a student so I imagine they're both pretty busy. I guess what matters most is that WE'RE IN GUYS!!!! :clap:

also congrats @esrb22 !!!

Apparently that 'suggestion' wasn't passed to my interviewers...but they did respond shortly after I sent my thank you...so maybe that was enough for them? :laugh:
I had a professor and a student so I imagine they're both pretty busy. I guess what matters most is that WE'RE IN GUYS!!!! :clap:

also congrats @esrb22 !!!

Thank you !!!

Haha that is funny. I was wondering why my interviewers emailed me a congratulatory email yesterday (Feb 1).

Anyone know when they said they would let everyone else know by?

Anyone know when they said they would let everyone else know by?
It should be by the end of the month. Don't get discouraged yet, only a small number of invites have gone out so far!

I thought end of feb?
I mean, I was told we would start hearing around mid-February. But yes, everyone should know their status by the end of the month.

Maybe I didn't word my first reply properly :D

It should be by the end of the month. Don't get discouraged yet, only a small number of invites have gone out so far!
It feels like 9 billion invites have gone out already haha

Reactions: 3 users
It feels like 9 billion invites have gone out already haha
I know it seems like a ton have but I think it's just that more of the people that got the early phone invites happen to be on SDN this year.

I know it seems like a ton have but I think it's just that more of the people that got the early phone invites happen to be on SDN this year.

I was wondering about that too. A lot of people have gotten as posted on SDN, but in the interviews they stressed that as a rarity...

Reactions: 2 users
I was wondering about that too. A lot of people have gotten as posted on SDN, but in the interviews they stressed that as a rarity...
Agreed, I think it is a strong possibility that people receiving early calls are on SDN this year. I've been a lurker of this forum for quite some time :ninja:, but thought I would join after my application was done. Dr. Lord said it was indeed rare to give out early calls. Don't give up hope yet people! It is only the beginning of the month and she did say that the majority of people hear in Feb! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Almost just puked out of nervousness... :vomit:
They sent an email about doing a survey about the interview process... and said this:
"Our last interview date was January 30, 2016. Our goal is to have most admissions decisions made by the end of February/beginning of March. I know the waiting is the toughest part of this process, but we do appreciate your patience."

Reactions: 3 users
They sent an email about doing a survey about the interview process... and said this:
"Our last interview date was January 30, 2016. Our goal is to have most admissions decisions made by the end of February/beginning of March. I know the waiting is the toughest part of this process, but we do appreciate your patience."
Yeah, I had a minor freak out at first too, thinking it was a rejection email. Just the survey though!

Yeah, I had a minor freak out at first too, thinking it was a rejection email. Just the survey though!
My legs and arms went numb when I saw I had an email as well hahahaha

Reactions: 5 users
Ah, I remember being in that position!

Congrats to those who've been accepted so far. For those still waiting, don't give up hope. I got in off the wait list, so even that's still a possibility... unless you are explicitly rejected, there's still a chance.

Ah, I remember being in that position!

Congrats to those who've been accepted so far. For those still waiting, don't give up hope. I got in off the wait list, so even that's still a possibility... unless you are explicitly rejected, there's still a chance.

Out of curiosity when did you find out that you were actually accepted? I'm scared to linger on the waitlist.

I found out a couple days after the acceptance deadline they give for the folks who get accepted right off the bat.

I got the same message

Been silent for a while. Anyone hear any good news yet?

Is there a dress code for OSU?

Basically, as long as everything's covered and you're not in pajamas, no. However, I've also had professors suggest wearing pajamas to exams xD

Is there a dress code for OSU?
Not really...If there is an official dress code somewhere, I am unaware. There was some suggestions in our first year handbook. Basically, use your better judgement. Don't wear clothes with inappropriate pictures/language, clothes that are too revealing, or dirty. The rest is pretty much fair game. Students dress anywhere from PJ's or sweatpants to scrubs to regular street clothes to dressy outfits. I'm a yoga pants/jeans and v-neck t-shirt kinda gal most days...And hoodies. Definitely hoodies :p