OHSU wait times

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mistress S

Don't mess with the S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at OHSU 3 weeks ago, at the interview they said we would hear back in 4-6 weeks. I was hoping that people who have already heard back from them could share about how long it took to be notified. I am impatient and wondering if I may have to wait the full 6 weeks (or more :eek: ), or if I should start anxiously checking my mailbox next week. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on November 16 and heard back less than a month later (December 11-ish). My interviews were both fabulous, but I still got put on hold. It was kind of disappointing, even if the school only takes ~10% initially.

I am an Oregon resident, and I heard back in about 3 weeks. Of course, I interviewed early (like the second or third date), so the committee was not backlogged with people on hold, etc.

Also, at my interview there were only 3 OR residents, the rest were from all over (I know you posted that on another thread).

:) Treg

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my friends interviewed in early Oct. and heard back about 2 weeks later that he was rejected post-interview. So looks like you made it past the 2 week mark. I interviewed last week, so keeping fingers crossed. Best of luck to you!

There were NO Oregon residents at my interview!

only 3 weeks? awww crap! I thought I'd have at least another two weeks before I started hyperventilating while checking my mailbox everyday.

Then again, don't only like 5-10 % of acceptance get handed out right away? Maybe I'll just resign myself to being put on the hold list then I won't panic until may. From the sounds of it... OHSU's waitlist is really nice in that they give you a rank number and you can check online where they're at on they're waitlist so you know how far away you are from the magic happy letter.

To those who've already been accepted at OHSU....Wow Congrats

To those of you who've interviewd and been place on hold... may you waitlist number be really close to the top.

To those of who who've interviewed and are waiting to here... I'll think good thoughts for you (it'll distract me from my own angst-filled waiting).

UCLAstudent said:
I interviewed on November 16 and heard back less than a month later (December 11-ish). My interviews were both fabulous, but I still got put on hold. It was kind of disappointing, even if the school only takes ~10% initially.

Hey UCLAstudent, I interviewed at OHSU the same day as you! I, too, was put on hold but I didn't find out until early January. I don't think my interviews were that great though... I liked the school but my interviewers didn't really leave that strong on an impression on me. Oh well...

NorCalGirl, I wonder if I met you? I remember hanging out with a girl from Northern CA who had a lot of things in common with me (same number of interviews, same number of acceptances, interviews at similar places), it could have been you. :) Although, there were a lot of CA people there that day.

I interviewed about two weeks ago and heard today. Check your email or the website where you did all the secondary stuff.

pdcheung,

Did you hear good news or bad? I'm a little confused--the secondary website doesn't have any kind of status check, and when I tried to go to it now it just says something about "file not available on this server." Also, to the best of my knowledge OHSU sends notification only by snail mail post-interview. You're talking about Oregon Health & Science University, right? :confused:

UCLAstudent said:
NorCalGirl, I wonder if I met you? I remember hanging out with a girl from Northern CA who had a lot of things in common with me (same number of interviews, same number of acceptances, interviews at similar places), it could have been you. :) Although, there were a lot of CA people there that day.

That was me! I PM'ed you.