Optometry school application deadlines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cldud

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I'm planning to apply for Optometry school next year. I will be graduating with a Biology degree end of this year. Im planning to take the OAT next year 2019 around March or April and hopefully get into one of the schools that I apply to. I want to do all the application process beginning of next year and hopefully be enrolled in 2019 FALL. Is applying for optometry school beginning of next year too late to be enrolled for the following Fall? Is it too late to take the OAT next March or April if I want to get enrolled for Fall of 2019? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I would encourage you to apply this fall instead of next year since most of the schools are on a rolling admission schedule. If you apply next year you might have a shot but your OAT time line is probably not going to work. You need to try and take the OAT sooner rather than wait till March/April. Some schools might give you an interview based on your application but you will have a better chance with a complete package.

Reactions: 3 users
I agree with evorage. The application window opens in ~2months and ends close to the timeline you've laid out. Get your stuff in earlier rather than later.