Optometry Schools starting Fall 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Preopt2021

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm new here and applying to optometry school this upcoming cycle (2020-2021). I was wondering what is happening with OD schools this year with COVID, like how each school is handling it? I can't image what it's like right now with the "hot spots"--are some schools postponing start dates? Are some schools doing only virtual classes? Hybrid classes? I see that a lot of programs are doing virtual interviews, only. Feel free to comment or respond with the school you're starting with this Fall and what they're planning on doing--thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, incoming UAB student here. We will be having hybrid classes, in person labs, and virtual lectures as well. As for our start dates nothing has changed, but there are some changes on the back end of the semester I believe. Very interesting times. Best of luck next year on applications. Is UAB on your radar?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, incoming UAB student here. We will be having hybrid classes, in person labs, and virtual lectures as well. As for our start dates nothing has changed, but there are some changes on the back end of the semester I believe. Very interesting times. Best of luck next year on applications. Is UAB on your radar?
Looking at the Midwest or Eastern coast. Although I heard NOVA first years are not starting hybrid or live components until January...? Yikes!

Last edited: