osteopathic rotating internship confusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annushka

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

well, i'm trying to apply to several programs now, but the more research I do on them the more confused I'm getting.

I know a bunch of people from my school who already graduated and recently started their intern year. Many of them seem to be doing rotating internships followed by residencies that they already have been accepted to. What I'm wondering is how did they apply to these? Do you apply to a particular residency (say, anesthesia) and then the residency puts you into an internship program upon acceptance? Or do you have to apply to both an internship program of your choice and anesthesia residency?

And also the dates...some say you can apply starting september 1st, some say july 15th...what is it?
I got my ERAS token on june 30th and still don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do with it. And after reading people who are actually upset that they still haven't gotten theirs, I'm beginning to think that maybe I should be doing something now instead of trying to decipher all this stuff.

Which brings me to my next question: what is a good first step in all this application process? Getting recommendation letters? Starting on a personal statement? What should I be doing now?

OK, sorry for all these questions, I'm clueless about this as usual. But I was also clueless when applying to medical school and somehow I got through that so I'm hoping for clarity to strike me at some point. Maybe with a little help from you guys

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.