OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, considering I am only in my 3rd semester, I can't in all honesty assess the difficulty during 5th and 6th semesters.

Are you looking forward to going on rotations?

Dude, rotations rock so hard, <insert something clever about rocking hard>

I love it so far. Using what you learn? Interacting with people? Actually, you know, doing stuff? It is just the best. I have been lucky so far (3 in), but what can I say, I love rotations so much I would marry them if I could. Some busy work, some mindless going through the motions stuff, and the ever present realization that you are basically paying tuition so that you can work for free, but on the whole it is approx 1000x better than being in a classrom.

I was thinking about starting a thread where people could share their rotation experiences (good and bad). I would have loved to read such a thread back when I was a lowly prepharm student (seems like so long ago...). Might exist for all I know. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I love it so far. Using what you learn? Interacting with people? Actually, you know, doing stuff? It is just the best. I have been lucky so far (3 in), but what can I say, I love rotations so much I would marry them if I could. Some busy work, some mindless going through the motions stuff, and the ever present realization that you are basically paying tuition so that you can work for free, but on the whole it is approx 1000x better than being in a classrom.

I was thinking about starting a thread where people could share their rotation experiences (good and bad). I would have loved to read such a thread back when I was a lowly prepharm student (seems like so long ago...). Might exist for all I know. :laugh:

Sounds like you're enjoying it..i can't wait to get out of the classroom myself.:(

Have a pharmacology and med chem test in the morning...wish me luck

Members don't see this ad :)

How do you feel about your new job?

Hmm... I'm starting to get a little suspicious here.

Owle doesn't comment much about people he works with, and now out of nowhere, he's saying someone is hot.

Maybe a someone is wanting to play tricks on him? :laugh:

Or maybe I just don't remember conversations we've had. We have had 558 pages of stuff in this thread.

Hmm... I'm starting to get a little suspicious here.

Owle doesn't comment much about people he works with, and now out of nowhere, he's saying someone is hot.

Oh bob, you crack me up. So many things to say here. One, just because I never have before doesn't mean I can never make a comment about working with someone hot. Two, maybe I have never worked with anyone this hot before?

And third, there may be some subtext going on that you are not picking up on. :lol:

Members don't see this ad :)
So I saw one of those pictures from your e cards for Nurses Week, and the first thing I thought was "that's just gross," but then I realized it would only be that way if your mind is in the gutter :laugh:

I had no idea that I would have been this busy when I was looking to start pharm school last year:(

I think we all know that feeling. I distinctly remember reading that the pass rate for pharmacy and thinking, "Meh, it can't be THAT hard if most people get through".

Oh to be young and naive.

If ABC. Co. purchased (x)% of Y stock at Z cost. and ABC elected the fair value method of recording, what would be the Fair Value Adjustment if Y stock had a book value of T.

UGH!! I hate studing for finals. :sleep:

That feel when you go into a final with a B in the class and come out with an A:)

That feel when you go into a final with a B in the class and come out with an A:)

That feel when you find out your iPhone/iPad screen was actually dim :idea: :laugh:

I knew about the brightness settings, but I didn't realize how much brighter I could have had it.

We played chicken with fun noodles in the pool yesterday and my legs hurt lol I didn't really feel it until this morning when my better half dragged me to the kitchen store and I had to stand there for a couple hours. Now we're at the spice store. :rolleyes: I better get a good lunch! lol :love:

We played chicken with fun noodles in the pool yesterday and my legs hurt lol I didn't really feel it until this morning when my better half dragged me to the kitchen store and I had to stand there for a couple hours. Now we're at the spice store. :rolleyes: I better get a good lunch! lol :love:

That just shows I don't know my spices very well. I didn't know there were enough kinds to make a whole store out of it.

So I was looking up names of different metros, and there's a place called Delano, California.

Hmm.... :laugh:

Last edited:
I hate making typos on FB. I'm kind of OCD, so I tend to want to delete the whole thing and start over.

There are two movies that I have been wanting to see and were just released to blu-ray today: 1) The Grey 2) Chronicle. Are these movies worth purchasing right away or do you think renting first is necessary to make sure I dig them? I'm a little behind on recent movies as a result of not being a huge movie theater goer. I typically just wait for movies to be released on blu-ray before viewing so any input is appreciated!

Chronicle sucked big time.

Thanks. I'll be sure to cross that off of my to buy list.

Lea, on a side note. Did you go on that fly fishing excursion yet? If so, how'd it go?

Thanks. I'll be sure to cross that off of my to buy list.

Lea, on a side note. Did you go on that fly fishing excursion yet? If so, how'd it go?

Haven't gone yet :) there are four of us going so we're figuring out a time for all of us. Semester just officially ended last Friday (grades were posted) so it will be soon! I'll let you know how it goes :)

Haven't gone yet :) there are four of us going so we're figuring out a time for all of us. Semester just officially ended last Friday (grades were posted) so it will be soon! I'll let you know how it goes :)

My grades were recently posted as well. I don't want to brag, but it was my best semester since undergrad. :cool:

Hope you enjoy fly fishing.

My grades were recently posted as well. I don't want to brag, but it was my best semester since undergrad. :cool:

Hope you enjoy fly fishing.

I just my grades. My overall GPA now is a 3.500. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Am I now an AVERAGE STUDENT?????????? :eek::eek::eek:

Oh well. LOL....

My 1st rotation is very easy....which is great...gives me time to relax and be a big bum! :thumbup:

I just my grades. My overall GPA now is a 3.500. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Am I now an AVERAGE STUDENT?????????? :eek::eek::eek:

Oh well. LOL....

My 1st rotation is very easy....which is great...gives me time to relax and be a big bum! :thumbup:

Nice :thumbup:

Wow, I never thought I owuld see you drop that low. I am very disappointed. My GPA right now is about 2.5 but it will come up after rotations. Still, I don't plan on doing any bragging. :laugh:

Nice :thumbup:

Wow, I never thought I owuld see you drop that low. I am very disappointed. My GPA right now is about 2.5 but it will come up after rotations. Still, I don't plan on doing any bragging. :laugh:

Cool my GPA this past semester was the same as your GPA now! We have something in common now! :D Well the advantage of a low GPA is not having to worry about applying for residencies anymore...which is good. NO essays to write.

My friend say getting an A in rotation is actually pretty hard sometimes though...I hope I can use rotations to bring up my grades too. LOL...

I know...I can't believe I drop that low either...but the bright side is at least things are going much better with me and my ex...that's all I care about now. hehe...That and getting a job...kinda need that too.

I just got a PM from a pre pharmacy student. She ask me what are some good tips to give her about grades and work etc. for pharmacy school.

I told her builting good connections and work experience is much more important than grades. I would rank
1) good connections
2) work experience
3) retaining information that you have learned in school. (If you can retain all of it then more power to you!)
4) grades

Grades are not as important as number 1, 2 or 3. ( Wow, I can't believe I just say that...)

Cool my GPA this past semester was the same as your GPA now! We have something in common now! :D Well the advantage of a low GPA is not having to worry about applying for residencies anymore...which is good. NO essays to write.

My friend say getting an A in rotation is actually pretty hard sometimes though...I hope I can use rotations to bring up my grades too. LOL...

I know...I can't believe I drop that low either...but the bright side is at least things are going much better with me and my ex...that's all I care about now. hehe...That and getting a job...kinda need that too.

That is funny. Our last semeter GPA's are the same as the other persons overall GPA. Neat.

I agree about not worrying about applying to residencies. It is nice to have one less thing to worry about. Hopefully I won't find myself unable to work/advance because I didn't do one now.

Congrats for you and your ex, I guess. Good Luck with the job hunt.

That is funny. Our last semeter GPA's are the same as the other persons overall GPA. Neat.

I agree about not worrying about applying to residencies. It is nice to have one less thing to worry about. Hopefully I won't find myself unable to work/advance because I didn't do one now.

Congrats for you and your ex, I guess. Good Luck with the job hunt.

What kind of job are you wanting??? Can we land a hospital position without residency? Some people say no way.

My rotation now is at Wellcare an insurance company. It's prescription benefit management. My preceptor has a pretty relaxing job...all she does is go to doctor's offices sometimes, answer phone calls in her office and work on her computer in her office.

I would love an office job. If I can have her job I'll be happy. Overall, my rotations now is pretty good...all I do is sit by the computer all day. I can do this for a living. :)

I also have a rotation at a nuclear pharmacy in the fall...I won't mind doing that either.

Disagree! I loved the first half of it. I guess it reminded me of when I was a kid. I used to hope one day I'd have the power to fly. Did I mention this was when I was a kid? ;)

Yeah the first half was cool but the rest sucked aside from the destruction/graphics. It had a super lame ending.

I hope this is true! :p

I swear that 3.0 line is like a gravity well. Every time I think I've pulled away, something drags me back.

I'm hoping it's true, too. That and publications. I'm going to bang out as many publications, studies, and presentations as 4 cans of red bull a day will get me. That and teaching. Lots and lots of teaching. I've got a big void in the leadership category.

So I bought a bike as a gift to myself. I'm going to try to ride everyday. :thumbup: