OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea like Oprah and Martha Stewart are such nice people. They give me the creeps.

Plus she used to keep a vial of blood around her neck and make out with her brother. I think there's a bit of a miss in her engine somewhere lol
I personally don't like Oprah... I think she puts on insane fronts and I hate the materialistic buy buy buy she represents. Oprah's "Fav things", Oprah's Christmas Special, O Magazine, ETC ETC. She's always trying to sell something and people keep going along with it.... Plus she often has rude undertones when she speaks. I don't get why she's so popular and loved, I understand she's been around a looooong time, first black female tv host, but seriously?

I personally don't like Oprah... I think she puts on insane fronts and I hate the materialistic buy buy buy she represents. Oprah's "Fav things", Oprah's Christmas Special, O Magazine, ETC ETC. She's always trying to sell something and people keep going along with it.... Plus she often has rude undertones when she speaks. I don't get why she's so popular and loved, I understand she's been around a looooong time, first black female tv host, but seriously?

It was Oprah who got Obama elected :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It was Oprah who got Obama elected :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That bitch is God.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

She is, she bullied me into re-reading Anna Karenina after she favorited it in her club. And before she recommeded it, I said to myself I'll never touch this book again because I was so pissed at Vronsky. :smuggrin:

How did you exam go, btw ?

I am about to take it right now!!! Haha. I am ready though- as soon as the prof gets here.

P4Sci- you're right. GW was responsible. But, you have to admit, Oprah DID help. I mean, a book can go from a no name to a best seller in a day if it's on her show. She has like a 40 room palace.

That exam was hella easy hahahahahah.

Palin is a weirdo. No offense to the conservatives out there. (not that I am super liberal or anything)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUWSityGsj4[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad :)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx_kqZ8ZfrA[/YOUTUBE]

4 more years for Obama if Palin wins the Republican nomination? She was leading in polls last time I checked :laugh:

4 more years for Obama if Palin wins the Republican nomination? She was leading in polls last time I checked :laugh:

What other leader is there for the party?

And, I don't mean any disrespect when I say this, but the Republicans that exist in this country today are so biased and obtuse to things that they think Palin is the greatest thing in the world when in reality she's the political party equivalent of Paris Hilton.

Ya know minus the sex tapes.

Yeah. But that's only because she is nice to look at. Once she starts speaking, the novelty wears off.

Kmoogs, you ready for your interview?? :)

Yeah. But that's only because she is nice to look at. Once she starts speaking, the novelty wears off.

Kmoogs, you ready for your interview?? :)

No :scared:

Not yet anyways lol. I've never had a pharm school interview before!

you'll do fine!

just smile and look nice :p

... well i'm not sure that works with guys as well as it does with girls

oh yeah and batt your eyelashes--- like this when you don't know an answer :)

5.gif

Well you already have the skills or they wouldn't have invited you. On my first interview, I felt like my heart was going to explode. Just remember to answer the questions clearly and don't talk too much (don't ramble!). Smile when appropriate and be yourself. You've got this!!

Same goes for you, Tink! You're gonna be awesome!

Good luck to you both :)

I was sick for 2 of mine and it rained on all 5 of them lol

Well it's definitely possible to survive an interview feeling yucky... I've lived through much worse... but I did go to the mall and bought a skirt suit to make myself feel better... I needed a confidence boost help to forget about it. lol

Not really sure.

I'm probably the only guy who doesn't find her attractive. She can't really act, she just has the same sly look all the time. Don't really respect her as a person because it seems like at any moment she could snap and eat all of her children.

And I've never enjoyed a movie I've seen her in.

My dad thinks Angelina is the most unattractive woman on the planet and he makes sure to let everyone know whenever he walks through the grocery cashier and sees her on a tabloid. lol Personally, I think she is an attractive woman, but I think she catches a lot of doubt because she is made out to be a god, and if you don't like her "look" than I can see why that would seem ridiculous. Plus I can see where her personality would scare people. I personally don't mind her scary-ness either... lol Jennifer Aniston seems more psycho to me in a different, needy, way.

Let's face it. Angelina is a creepo, but she donates a lot of money to good causes so, in my book, she is more of a person than so many other celebrities. For example, Jennifer Aniston is as superficial as it gets. Her movies suck, she is not attractive and her personality...well, let's just say she is a non-person. However, Angelina's DD's don't do much for me like they do for teenage boys hiding in their rooms with a tube sock. I like women of intellect and class...Meryl Streep BY FAR is my favorite actress. Beautiful, elegant, smart...and no matter what movie she is in, it is good. Is that because she picks movies with a true meaning behind them or is it because she just absolutely ****ing rocks?!

I love Meryl Streep as well. I won't watch Jennifer Aniston movies.

Is anyone watching this male skater from France? He was born in Brazil, but adopted by a French couple? OMG amazing. He's doing a mime theme. How fitting. lol He's really entertaining.

Well you already have the skills or they wouldn't have invited you. On my first interview, I felt like my heart was going to explode. Just remember to answer the questions clearly and don't talk too much (don't ramble!). Smile when appropriate and be yourself. You've got this!!

Same goes for you, Tink! You're gonna be awesome!

Good luck to you both :)

Thank you! I'm going to study and then get some sleep. :sleep:

I made scalloped potatos, braised steak and butterscotch cookies (from scratch!) tonight. I'll post pics either later tonight or tomorrow.

If Pharmacy doesn't work out, at least I can go to a culinary academy and be ahead of the game!

I made scalloped potatos, braised steak and butterscotch cookies (from scratch!) tonight. I'll post pics either later tonight or tomorrow.

If Pharmacy doesn't work out, at least I can go to a culinary academy and be ahead of the game!

That's awesome!!!

Maybe you can be a pharmacist AND a chef...I mean, cooking is chemistry anyway, right? Do you like watching any cooking shows? My girlfriend loves Alton Brown because he always talks about the science of cooking. It's pretty cool. Although, I don't cook. I figure if I watch the show with her, she will want to cook some of those dishes for me haha

That's awesome!!!

Maybe you can be a pharmacist AND a chef...I mean, cooking is chemistry anyway, right? Do you like watching any cooking shows? My girlfriend loves Alton Brown because he always talks about the science of cooking. It's pretty cool. Although, I don't cook. I figure if I watch the show with her, she will want to cook some of those dishes for me haha

You know, I have never watched a single cooking show... I have a hard time sitting down to watch TV, so unless they're on Hulu or something, I wouldn't really get into them.

As far as being a pharmacist and a chef, I would like to. I figure eventually, once I'm settled into my career, I can take the weekend 22-week course @ Le Cordon Bleu in San Francisco, and then the 16-week Pastry course after that. Then, open my own place!

Recently leaked documents have revealed the most effective countermeasure yet devised for dealing with an F-117 Nighthawk stealth attack aircraft:

A shovel.

1.jpg

You know, I have never watched a single cooking show... I have a hard time sitting down to watch TV, so unless they're on Hulu or something, I wouldn't really get into them.

As far as being a pharmacist and a chef, I would like to. I figure eventually, once I'm settled into my career, I can take the weekend 22-week course @ Le Cordon Bleu in San Francisco, and then the 16-week Pastry course after that. Then, open my own place!

Like julia child. Rock on. Just as long as you share some of those pastries with us SDNers. Just so you know, I really enjoy sprinkled donuts.

Like julia child. Rock on. Just as long as you share some of those pastries with us SDNers. Just so you know, I really enjoy sprinkled donuts.

There certainly are enough SDN'ers to cook for! But sadly, the only ones in my area are the lurker-types instead of the poster-types. :(

I resist the comparison to Julia Child because she took it sooo seriously! I am definitely not that caliber and probably never will be, since she invented new recipes all her own. Maybe some day I suppose. Everyone needs a retirement hobby! (Wow, retirement... scary word).

There certainly are enough SDN'ers to cook for! But sadly, the only ones in my area are the lurker-types instead of the poster-types. :(

I resist the comparison to Julia Child because she took it sooo seriously! I am definitely not that caliber and probably never will be, since she invented new recipes all her own. Maybe some day I suppose. Everyone needs a retirement hobby! (Wow, retirement... scary word).

Did you see the movie Julie and Julia? Julia Child started cooking for fun. She didn't really take it seriously until she got super old. In fact, she was criticized for straying from the conventional.

If you haven't seen the movie, you NEED to see it. Meryl Streep does a phenomenal job.

Honestly, give Top Chef a try sometime on Bravo. I don't normally get into reality shows, but it is a damn good tv show. Totally worth sitting down for an hour a week. This past season was utterly amazing and gave me tons of ideas for meals.

Honestly, give Top Chef a try sometime on Bravo. I don't normally get into reality shows, but it is a damn good tv show. Totally worth sitting down for an hour a week. This past season was utterly amazing and gave me tons of ideas for meals.

Top chef RULES. Man, they pull off some amazing dishes against almost impossible odds. Those chefs are truly talented.

Top chef RULES. Man, they pull off some amazing dishes against almost impossible odds. Those chefs are truly talented.

I've been watching religiously since Season 3.

I had no idea who the hell they were gonna pick when it got down to the Top 4. That was, by far, the best group of chefs they have ever had on that show. I was so bummed when Kevin lost, he had a rough night on the final.

I've been watching religiously since Season 3.

I had no idea who the hell they were gonna pick when it got down to the Top 4. That was, by far, the best group of chefs they have ever had on that show. I was so bummed when Kevin lost, he had a rough night on the final.

I agree- but you know those guys are going to be really successful (if they aren't already) because of the massive publicity.

More food talk! Made stuffed roasted poblanos tonight. Who knew there were so many chefs here.

I agree- but you know those guys are going to be really successful (if they aren't already) because of the massive publicity.

I know the brothers have started a business together. Jen's already workin under a great shelf so she's find. Kevin needs to do TV or something, he just cracks me up.

When I go back to Vegas in May I'm gonna go check out CraftSteak just cause I can lol

The recipes for all the top chef seasons are on the Bravo website... there are some good desserts there

Recently leaked documents have revealed the most effective countermeasure yet devised for dealing with an F-117 Nighthawk stealth attack aircraft:

A shovel.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, this is the funniest crap ever if you could speak Russian. I freaken love this. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :love:

What does it say? Google translator fails on images :(

Per EnglishRussia.com:

A secret document has leaked revealing some of the inner directives of one
of the military agencies. It reveals the exact information on how to fight and
intercept latest stealth jets of enemy states. We’ve got our copy here and translated
those. Title says: “Hit with showel all the weak spots of F117″. Then more detailed
instructions go: “Hit the navigation dashboard and armaments controls with a showel.”
“Hit the pilots place.” “By hitting the surface of the plane with a showel you make the anti-radar stealth surface damaged”
“Put the small stones inside the engines with a showel”.
I don’t know guys, maybe someone can use that, so we published.

bump!!

Tink and Kmoogs...how did your interviews go?! Spill it!!

I don't know how his interview went, but he was really fun to hang out with last night, he is good people. :)