pak. dental cirriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fafooden

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everybody

i have noticed that the pakistani dental cirriculum is neither uptodate nor it is properley organized as it shu be... i dont kno of sindh an NWFP but in punjab i think it is literaly absurd

the current cirriculum is as follows:

1st yr.

anatomy(head and neck)
physiology
biochemistry
chemistry of dental materials

2nd yr.

dental anatomy
gen. pathology
pharmacology

3rd yr.

medicine
surgery
oral path
periodontology

4th yr.

prosthetics
orthodontics
maxillofacial surg
operative

i think this cirriculum puts more pressure on the students and they literally dont understand the way they shud

especially u cant study DC without DA and u forget it until u reach ur clinical years

similarly op is put in aclinical year although it is a mixed pre clinical and clinical subject. u study prosthetics in pre clinical years and nothing about ortho and operative

similarly tooth morpho has a place of just one question in the whole paper and we used 2 quit that 4 choice i think in DA the morho and occlusion question shud be copulsory and if mcqs r there this problem will be solved now coming to my suggestions of the cirriculum i think it shud be like this:

1st yr.
anatomy(head and neck+ATP it wud help in medicine)
dental antomy
physiology

Members don't see this ad.

hi

i think that the dental cirriculum in pakistan is really an absured one the students r more into pressure and less into learning things.i think this disorganized cirriculum needs to be revised

come on lets discuss about that:
curent cirriculum is:

1st yr
anatomy of hd n nk
physio
biochem
DC

2nd yr
gen patho
pharma
DA

3rd yr
medicine
surg
op
perio

4th yr.
maxilofac. surg
ortho
prosthetics
oprative

i think studying DC without DA doesnt make u thru the subject

op being a mixed pre-clinical and clinical subject is taught in a clinical yr.

prosthetics is taught to some extent in pre clinical yrs but no attention s given to ortho, operative which really need it to some extent

i think at undergrd level there shud be a compulsory research project to be completed by every student and submitted and given credit 4 it

in medicine when u study about the differnt organs and tehir disease u actually dont kno their anatomy so i think ATP should be included in the cirriculum

in the clinical yrs when working in the dptt. there shud be a regular demonstration which is really effective and compulsory to attend.

there shud be discussion groups arranged after the clinical time so that every student shares the work and teh students may able to see the diff. variety of cases that r there.it shud be compulsory to make out slides of at least one of their cases and present it in these discussion forums. the teachers etc shud be there to listen and students shud be given credit of all that.

having said all this i shud also say that the time 4 clinical work shud b extended and make it till 4 :)

sorry just a wrong click made this thread into the forum
click to the next same titled thread plz

sorry again:oops: