PaWWsta - The Game that WWrites Itself (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just wanna get in on the D1 voting action but I can't think of a good pasta pun to do it with

yeet matthirten13 @supershorty
Sus

Members don't see this ad.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you were to redo your opening/joke vote, who would you place it on?
The actual thing I'd do is not vote, the self-vote was a placeholder vote as a joke. My most likely alternate candidate I would have voted (at that time) would be wondallini but also would be a meme vote.

I was not happy that clem changed votes to me afterwards, but given that most of the village that has talked called my actions strange/sus, I won't fault clem for voting me.

The actual thing I'd do is not vote, the self-vote was a placeholder vote as a joke. My most likely alternate candidate I would have voted (at that time) would be wondallini but also would be a meme vote.

I was not happy that clem changed votes to me afterwards, but given that most of the village that has talked called my actions strange/sus, I won't fault clem for voting me.
What do you mean by most of the village?

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I just woke up and we seem to have a nice rolling boil going on. I suppose the heat will increase throughout the day.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
If you were to redo your opening/joke vote, who would you place it on?

Icky

I just woke up and we seem to have a nice rolling boil going on. I suppose the heat will increase throughout the day.
Who trained this noob class on dedicating this hard to the puns?
10/10

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Any thoughts on the boil or are you staying out of the kitchen?

Any thoughts on the boil or are you staying out of the kitchen?
Matt's self yeet to unyeet was interesting. The most of the village phrase makes me curious how he knows that. Maybe he's 3p?

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
Most makes me think he has incomplete info on who is village. Don't the wolves know all of village?
I think the "most" was more referring to not everyone jumping on him for the self-vote at the time. In any case 3p don't know who any villagers are at all, usually. They don't have any more info on alignments when a game starts than a villager does.

And technically no, since if there are 3p the wolves don't know who they are.

Matt's self yeet to unyeet was interesting. The most of the village phrase makes me curious how he knows that. Maybe he's 3p?

Yeah his self yeet to his next post unyeeting himself without anything in between concerns me. I would've expected him to ask why he was being sussed for it instead of immediately backing down.

And then there's the potential slip on top of it.

• Hmm
Yeah his self yeet to his next post unyeeting himself without anything in between concerns me. I would've expected him to ask why he was being sussed for it instead of immediately backing down.

DIIIIIIIINAAAAAAAAA

Hi

• Love
  • Sad
What do you mean by most of the village?
I can see y'all think it's a slip, I'm not really sure how to defend against this accusation. The village is just a general term I used for the entirety of the chat. Even if someone is not a villager, they are still a part of the village as a whole.

Unless I know both the wolves AND the neutral factions (3ps), I would have to be using the term inclusively.

I didn't do my full reading homework of the 3H thread. But I do recall from tot chat or the main game that someone was going off on a noob for not trying to do things day 1, despite all the vets doing it.

So when all the vets start calling my self vote sus and weird, I figured it was not worth the argument and I just undid it, as it was no longer worth the meme.

I can see y'all think it's a slip, I'm not really sure how to defend against this accusation. The village is just a general term I used for the entirety of the chat. Even if someone is not a villager, they are still a part of the village as a whole.

Unless I know both the wolves AND the neutral factions (3ps), I would have to be using the term inclusively.
What I'm getting at is why do you think ≤1 wolf reacted to your self vote?

I honestly thought the matt thing was a joke immediately so I have nothing to add there lol

What I'm getting at is why do you think few to no wolves reacted to your self vote?
I have no idea how many or few wolves reacted to my self vote. I was using the phrase "the village" to include everyone present in this game. This game/chat takes place in the village, hence we are the village.

I have no idea how many or few wolves reacted to my self vote. I was using the phrase "the village" to include everyone present in this game. This game/chat takes place in the village, hence we are the village.
Four out of fifteen possible responses is most of the village?

Four out of fifteen possible responses is most of the village?

I will admit I went on feels and did not count number of chatters. But I did specify most of the village that has talked.

I get the reasoning for calling me out for saying "the village" if that is not the meta term here. But I'm not really sure where the line of questioning on specific numbers is going?

Why would you jump to 3P instead of wolf?
Most makes me think he has incomplete info on who is village. Don't the wolves know all of village?
I personally could not imagine going through a game and NOT realizing the wolves don't know the villagers. (But I have played other mafia-like games so idk what I thought back in 2012)

But on that same token it seems so unfathomable to me that I wouldn't even think to use it as a defense/response unless it was the truth.

I will admit I went on feels and did not count number of chatters. But I did specify most of the village that has talked.

I get the reasoning for calling me out for saying "the village" if that is not the meta term here. But I'm not really sure where the line of questioning on specific numbers is going?
I'm asking because "most" only works if you are internalizing a difference between villagers and wolves. If everyone in this game is a villager, your statement is quite hyperbolic.

You said you won't fault Clem. If wolves are also "villagers" to you, why is that reasoning being used to give him a pass?

How about on others?
I mean since I sensed it was a joke, I'd probably go after Clem, Santy, or Dina for voting matt quickly. Matt's explanation that he'd vote for me if he didn't vote for himself also makes sense to me since we message a lot on Discord, and I'd know it was a joke.

I also don't really get the tunnel on Matt saying village didn't like it, I think it was just a generalization of the bad reaction from experienced players.

• Hmm
I mean since I sensed it was a joke, I'd probably go after Clem, Santy, or Dina for voting matt quickly. Matt's explanation that he'd vote for me if he didn't vote for himself also makes sense to me since we message a lot on Discord, and I'd know it was a joke.

I also don't really get the tunnel on Matt saying village didn't like it, I think it was just a generalization of the bad reaction from experienced players.
Did I miss that Dina voted for matt somewhere? What was the joke on discord?

I'm asking because "most" only works if you are internalizing a difference between villagers and wolves. If everyone in this game is a village, your statement is hyperbolic.
Ok, I do think mentioning how I said those that had talked answered that question though.

You said you won't fault Clem. If wolves are also "villagers" to you, why is that reasoning being used to give him a pass?
Uhhhhh I am just going to change my phrasing from here on out. But I was considering everyone a part of "the village", but "villagers" are a role to me that is separate than "wolves". But I'm just going to try to match the meta phrasing.
So when all the vets start calling my self vote sus and weird, I figured it was not worth the argument and I just undid it, as it was no longer worth the meme.
For the actual question, this is my reasoning stated pretty clearly. I felt like a lot of people were calling me out, a vote is one way to call someone out. I don't see a need to be retaliatory based on that.

• Hmm
Why does it make you feel like he has incomplete knowledge?
Partly because he said that with only like 4-6 reactions at the time. It felt premature to say something like that with any confidence.

But it was also the way I interpreted most, which we've already talked about.

• Hmm
*Quietly puts AM and Wondalfy in leaning town*

*Sips pasta flavored tea*

Keep it going y'all are doing great

• Haha
Did I miss that Dina voted for matt somewhere? What was the joke on discord?
There wasn't a joke on Discord, Matt and I are friends so I'd know him immediately voting for me would be a joke. As in, he's just voting for me bc we're friends lol

Also that was my bad, I remembered wrong after the vote benoit by dina meant mightyrunner but then someone said they thought it was matt haha

Also I recognize since we are friends, there's some bias here

Ok, I do think mentioning how I said those that had talked answered that question though.

Uhhhhh I am just going to change my phrasing from here on out. But I was considering everyone a part of "the village", but "villagers" are a role to me that is separate than "wolves". But I'm just going to try to match the meta phrasing.

For the actual question, this is my reasoning stated pretty clearly. I felt like a lot of people were calling me out, a vote is one way to call someone out. I don't see a need to be retaliatory based on that.
You never mentioned the term "villager" as separate than "village" in that post (or any prior ones) so I had no reason you were separating them.

Who are you village reading/wolf reading from those exchanges?

There wasn't a joke on Discord, Matt and I are friends so I'd know him immediately voting for me would be a joke. As in, he's just voting for me bc we're friends lol

Also that was my bad, I remembered wrong after the vote benoit by dina meant mightyrunner but then someone said they thought it was matt haha

Also I recognize since we are friends, there's some bias here
Alright. I'm going to have to ask you to be conscious of where the bias could be coloring your reads since you're aware it's a thing. fluff's husband was a wolf in the noob game. Familiarity means nothing for affiliation. This is also all hypothetical since he's never voted for you, including in this game.

I personally could not imagine going through a game and NOT realizing the wolves don't know the villagers. (But I have played other mafia-like games so idk what I thought back in 2012)

But on that same token it seems so unfathomable to me that I wouldn't even think to use it as a defense/response unless it was the truth.
I mean, I don't find it all that unfathomable from the perspective of a player who previously has only played as a villager or village-adjacent. Still thinking through whether it would make sense from a first time wolf perspective.

Could you clarify what this post means?

You never mentioned the term "villager" as separate than "village" in that post (or any prior ones) so I had no reason you were separating them.

Who are you village reading/wolf reading from those exchanges?
Tbh I have mostly been reading your quotes and should focus on the rest of the chat a bit more, I'll read through it again in a sec. I've just been trying to keep up with people calling me out before I can respond to the last one.

I think veggies statement that wolves know village is incredibly odd but based on them being a noob, makes sense, and I think it was the truth, which means they would not be wolf. This next one doesn't really help the game, but I am reading you as village/neutral because I think it'd be an incredibly dumb move to focus me this hard if you knew I wasn't wolf.