PaWWsta - The Game that WWrites Itself (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@supershorty would you consider still having closed nights in 48/24 but not locking the thread so people can compile multiquote posts and such during the night cycle if they want? Idk if that would help, just a thought I had.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@supershorty would you consider still having closed nights in 48/24 but not locking the thread so people can compile multiquote posts and such during the night cycle if they want? Idk if that would help, just a thought I had.
Yeah, I don't see why not. I don't think that would solve the problem that was happening in this game, though.

idk it's just somewhat upsetting to have to pause at the end of every day cycle and count posts for MULTIPLE people to see if they even reached 10, even after I had sent reminders in PMs to some and posted reminders on thread. 10 posts in 48 hours is barely an ask at all, certainly not a big one.

I'm probably just salty because I'm really overtired.

(Sporty and genny, you guys were both not in the group of chronic flirting with death, for the record)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Yeah, I don't see why not. I don't think that would solve the problem that was happening in this game, though.

idk it's just somewhat upsetting to have to pause at the end of every day cycle and count posts for MULTIPLE people to see if they even reached 10, even after I had sent reminders in PMs to some and posted reminders on thread. 10 posts in 48 hours is barely an ask at all, certainly not a big one.

I'm probably just salty because I'm really overtired.

(Sporty and genny, you guys were both not in the group of chronic flirting with death, for the record)
It was me wasn’t it!!!! 😱

Members don't see this ad :)
Also just finished the 4th ACOTR book.
ADHD hyperfocus gooooo

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
This does not change my opinion on long closed nights lol. I just really prefer 36/12. With 48/24, it’s too easy to just not check in because there’s another whole 24 hours of day, and then nothing happens at night, and then you just forget the game is happening at all. Or night falls on my day off when I would have more time to post, but I can’t.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
For my own knowledge, I need to know from my chronic lowposters if the cycle length contributed to your posting - like if it was easier to forget the game was going on, for example.

I mentioned this in dead chat somewhere, but not everyone reads that, so I’m going to say it here too - it’s very frustrating, as a mod (also as a player, but I have zero qualms harassing people to post more when I’m playing :laugh: ) when you put a lot of time into a game and then are constantly having to chase >1/3 of your roster to meet a post minimum of only 10 posts. We put a lot into this game to make it fun, and it kind of stinks to have people make a commitment to play and then kind of …not.

So I’m trying to figure out what the real root cause of that is, since it was a bigger problem in this game than in other recent games and in other games I’ve run. Was it what I mentioned above with forgetting? Was it that engaging in a basics(ish) game wasn’t as easy as in a role madness game? What happened?
I think if I weren't cruelly and unjustly killed d1 jt would've been fine

We also probably would've won smh

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
I think if I weren't cruelly and unjustly killed d1 jt would've been fine

We also probably would've won smh
My bad

I mean, I still won so :thinking:

But once again, failed to win with village as 3p. Maybe someday it'll happen.

Remember that time I was a 3p and could have won with anyone, and then got blamed for one side's loss that I really had very little to do with and then another 3p sniped the win from me when I was 1 person away from my wincon?

:rage:

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
For my own knowledge, I need to know from my chronic lowposters if the cycle length contributed to your posting - like if it was easier to forget the game was going on, for example.

I mentioned this in dead chat somewhere, but not everyone reads that, so I’m going to say it here too - it’s very frustrating, as a mod (also as a player, but I have zero qualms harassing people to post more when I’m playing :laugh: ) when you put a lot of time into a game and then are constantly having to chase >1/3 of your roster to meet a post minimum of only 10 posts. We put a lot into this game to make it fun, and it kind of stinks to have people make a commitment to play and then kind of …not.

So I’m trying to figure out what the real root cause of that is, since it was a bigger problem in this game than in other recent games and in other games I’ve run. Was it what I mentioned above with forgetting? Was it that engaging in a basics(ish) game wasn’t as easy as in a role madness game? What happened?

1. Real life
2. 48/24 is rough. I posted a lot less because honestly, by the time we were at the end of a 48-hour day cycle I had completely forgotten what had happened earlier and then felt too burnt out to pbpa.
3. I do like role madness games better and I think I tend to be more engaged in those since as wolf = more fun to build crazy strats, and as village = more fun to build crazy tinfoils.

Members don't see this ad :)
My bad

I mean, I still won so :thinking:

But once again, failed to win with village as 3p. Maybe someday it'll happen.
I knew you weren't town when you were apathetic about me going over lol

• Haha
I knew you weren't town when you were apathetic about me going over lol
Replicating the panic I feel when I'm spearheading a d1 vote as a villager is hard anyway lol but I also was intentionally dampening my efforts because I didn't want wolves to think I was villagey enough to die during the first three nights

Replicating the panic I feel when I'm spearheading a d1 vote as a villager is hard anyway lol but I also was intentionally dampening my efforts because I didn't want wolves to think I was villagey enough to die during the first three nights
Yeah its a bummer I forgot when eod was lol

• Care
Day 1 strategy was basically: don't get village read too hard, end up on the winning vote, try not to yeet a noob
Samac anyway:
LETS KILL DUBZ
Wolf pack: she’s village reading you really hard samac why
Samac: BECAUSE IM SCARED SHELL TURN ON ME

• Haha
I think it was sometimes easy to forget about, but I did like the closed nights. The thing I had an issue with was I couldn't gauge how long the game would run for, the overall length of the game is much longer than 12/12 and 36/12s

I’m also over 400 pages into the last ACOTR book.
I have a problem. Someone needs to take my books away from me.

• Care