PCOM Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
application received date was Mar 18th,
Interview invite was mailed on Apr 25th,
Interview is now scheduled at May 8th. Anybody going on May 8th?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrat to both you all Asian girl and Xiem5,
Hey, xiem5, can I ask you what questions you were asked in your interview?
That will really help me to figure out.
Thank you.

Hi-how were you notified for an interview? I ask you because your application received date is the same as mine (March 18th).

Members don't see this ad :)
I received by an Email, which is titled with "Invitation to Interview ~ Doctor of Pharmacy at PCOM - GA Campus:".

Hi-how were you notified for an interview? I ask you because your application received date is the same as mine (March 18th).

Reactions: 1 user
Application submitted 2/6
File complete 2/18
Invitation 3/19
Interviewed 4/10 & received my acceptance letter 4/23 wooohooo. See you all soon!

I got invited to the May 8th interview. Currently deciding whether or not I want to go because I already got into Roosevelt near Chicago. I paid the deposit for RU and am supposed to start at the end of June so I'm having a hard time making my decision and am currently comparing the pros and cons of each school. See you there if I end up going!

I got invited to a may 8th interview...think I'm gonna go cause I'm curious about their trimester program...I replied to the email but haven't received any instructions yet..hopefully I'll receive it tomorrow. Did anyone else get instructions about the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got invited to a may 8th interview...think I'm gonna go cause I'm curious about their trimester program...I replied to the email but haven't received any instructions yet..hopefully I'll receive it tomorrow. Did anyone else get instructions about the interview?

Awesome, actually received an email back right after I sent them a confirmation mail.

I will be interviewing on May 8 as well. I couldn't find any interview feedback for PCOM. For anybody that has interviewed this year, do they ask any unusual questions? Also, has the essay topic been about immunizations for most people or do they change it for each interview group? Thanks in advance for any info!

Hi, I was interviewed on 03/15 and accepted on 04/24. Questions on my interview were like: tell me about yourself, what do you do other than studying and family stuff, situational questions like if im the leader of a group and there is 2 options, what would i do.
about the essay question, mine was about health insurance for healthy person is cheaper and they should get promotion for being healthy, what do you think on that?
hope it help.

Hey Guys! So I'm new to the forum and I was just wondering is there a Facebook group specific to Ga-PCOM Pharmacy Class of 2018. I see they have a D.O. group created but not one for the Pharmacy class. Do we just join the D.O. one or will they make a separate one eventually?

But to answer some of the questions on here already.....

The questions they asked were really straight forward questions and the atmosphere was extremely laid back. You'll see what I mean when you go to interview. The questions were like "why pharmacy, weaknesses, strengths, where would you be a pharmacist after graduating (PCOM's website said they want to make impoverished areas in GA better by increasing healthcare in those areas, so be mindful of your answer, I said i would stay they don't hold you to it but just a heads up), what are your hobbies, what would someone else say about you" very basic things like that. Make sure you have questions lined up the 2 professors will appreciate the questions.

The essay questions are basically A-E and they are in a pile and you can get any one of the questions. The immunizations is one, mine was about whether seatbelt regulation should be enforced by the government, another girls was about health insurance. To be honest when we talked to the lady that was administering the essay she said that the essays aren't based on right and wrong, just to double check if you can read and write English and convey a thought across on paper. (Apparently, people don't write their own personal statements haha)

If anyone else has any more questions, I would be happy to help out!

PharmCas - 2/20
Interview Date - 03/29
Acceptance email - 4/04

Hey Guys! So I'm new to the forum and I was just wondering is there a Facebook group specific to Ga-PCOM Pharmacy Class of 2018. I see they have a D.O. group created but not one for the Pharmacy class. Do we just join the D.O. one or will they make a separate one eventually?

The questions they asked were really straight forward questions and the atmosphere was extremely laid back. You'll see what I mean when you go to interview. The questions were like "why pharmacy, weaknesses, strengths, where would you be a pharmacist after graduating (PCOM's website said they want to make impoverished areas in GA better by increasing healthcare in those areas, so be mindful of your answer, I said i would stay they don't hold you to it but just a heads up), what are your hobbies, what would someone else say about you" very basic things like that. Make sure you have questions lined up the 2 professors will appreciate the questions.

The essay questions are basically A-E and they are in a pile and you can get any one of the questions. The immunizations is one, mine was about whether seatbelt regulation should be enforced by the government, another girls was about health insurance. To be honest when we talked to the lady that was administering the essay she said that the essays aren't based on right and wrong, just to double check if you can read and write English and convey a thought across on paper. (Apparently, people don't write their own personal statements haha)

PharmCas - 2/20
Interview Date - 03/29
Acceptance email - 4/04
No they have not created a facebook page for our class yet. At least I haven't found one yet and I've searched all over.

Awesome, actually received an email back right after I sent them a confirmation mail.
I got the info on monday morning I think because I didn't respond to the email till late friday afternoon

Did anyone receive things like when classes start and orientation or things like that yet?

According to the pharmcas SOP description, they will interview 576 students for 2014 SOP....

I guess there are more than 1500+ students who applied to this school...

Anyone has information about this?? Especially the waitlist. I wonder if they actually reject people T_T

Last edited:

PharmCas - 2/20
Interview Date - 03/29
Acceptance email - 4/04

Thank you, your answer will help me a lot!!

Hi, I was interviewed on 03/15 and accepted on 04/24. Questions on my interview were like: tell me about yourself, what do you do other than studying and family stuff, situational questions like if im the leader of a group and there is 2 options, what would i do.
about the essay question, mine was about health insurance for healthy person is cheaper and they should get promotion for being healthy, what do you think on that?
hope it help.

Oh, situational question! thank you!

I have the interview on May 8th too! Are you flying in from a different state? If so, do u know which is a good hotel to stay near the campus?

I have the interview on May 8th too! Are you flying in from a different state? If so, do u know which is a good hotel to stay near the campus?
La Quenta however you spell it is awsome it's right down the road

I'm driving up from Florida...staying at the Hampton Inn hotel they had listed at the school website...you get a discount if you say you are there for GA-PCOM

Did any of you on the waitlist do anything to get off the waitlist -- such as, send a letter of interest or update or email -- or did you just wait? Thanks.

Did any of you on the waitlist do anything to get off the waitlist -- such as, send a letter of interest or update or email -- or did you just wait? Thanks.
I was thinking about doing that but couldnt think of anything.
But you can totally do that. worth a shot.

No I didn't I just waited it out and kind of forgot about it then a package showed up lol

I didn't because they asked not to contact the admissions office.

No they have not created a facebook page for our class yet. At least I haven't found one yet and I've searched all over.

Thanks! Yea I looked everywhere. I even tried looking for another thread if someone made another by mistake.

So I sent my deposit in on wednesday after how long did you guys get your confirmation email? Just wondering if I should call them or not.

Thanks! Yea I looked everywhere. I even tried looking for another thread if someone made another by mistake.

So I sent my deposit in on wednesday after how long did you guys get your confirmation email? Just wondering if I should call them or not.
I over nighted mine and it took about 4 days to get a response.

I over nighted mine and it took about 4 days to get a response.

Thanks! I'll wait a couple more days, I actually live around PCOM so I just turned it in personally. The guy at the admissions desk was sorting through checks and stuff so I thought he would get it done on Wednesday but I guess not! lol

So anyone that's been accepted have and ideas about housing arrangements? I know of a couple apartments around PCOM but because it is around a school I know they tend to increase the rent on purpose. But maybe 15-20 mins away closer to the city would be a little cheaper?

If anyone has any thoughts let me know!!

Whoever is interviewing 2morrow Good Luck to you~

Also if possible ask them questions about the waitlist, because at this late time, you are most likely get the waitlist seat unless your application is extremely strong. Ask them how many waitlist are there and how many got in last year and please share with us.
I wonder why they don't reveal the waitlist rank..

Also if possible ask them questions about the waitlist, because at this late time, you are most likely get the waitlist seat unless your application is extremely strong. Ask them how many waitlist are there and how many got in last year and please share with us.
Why are you so worried about the waitlist and who is/isn't being accepted?? I don't advice any interviewees ask about the waitlist as it makes you appear as though you are anticipating being placed on said waitlist. Future interviewees go in there like you've already been accepted and own it, don't make yourself appear weak and report back useless information that won't aid in your acceptance.

"According to the pharmcas SOP description, they will interview 576 students for 2014 SOP....
Anyone has information about this?? Especially the waitlist. I wonder if they actually reject people T_T" -April 30 via koryon

Are you also implying that the school will just accept anyone?? When you are asked for an interview it is because you show potential as a pharmacy student on paper and they would like to see you in person. When I interviewed with 34 other candidates I imagine that myself and maybe 6 or 7 others were accepted right away and everyone else who already proved a worthy candidate (as they were invited to interview) was placed on a list to be used when "committed" students either heard back from other schools they preferred and informed PCOM or didn't pay their fees and more places opened up.

Why are you so worried about the waitlist and who is/isn't being accepted?? I don't advice any interviewees ask about the waitlist as it makes you appear as though you are anticipating being placed on said waitlist. Future interviewees go in there like you've already been accepted and own it, don't make yourself appear weak and report back useless information that won't aid in your acceptance.

"According to the pharmcas SOP description, they will interview 576 students for 2014 SOP....
Anyone has information about this?? Especially the waitlist. I wonder if they actually reject people T_T" -April 30 via koryon

Are you also implying that the school will just accept anyone?? When you are asked for an interview it is because you show potential as a pharmacy student on paper and they would like to see you in person. When I interviewed with 34 other candidates I imagine that myself and maybe 6 or 7 others were accepted right away and everyone else who already proved a worthy candidate (as they were invited to interview) was placed on a list to be used when "committed" students either heard back from other schools they preferred and informed PCOM or didn't pay their fees and more places opened up.

Um.. don't take it personally. If you are in the position of waitlist, you will worry about it at least I am..
Also what I meant about asking waitlist questions was to coordinators or p1 students since you do get lots of killing time while waiting for the interview or even after writing the paper. I guess I was not clear about it. However you are right about the interviewees, they shouldn't worry about the being in waitlist when you are there.

And lol.. I mentioned those numbers because PCOM do interview many students and I wanted to find out where I am from the waitlist.
You seriously take a big deal out of it from the frustration I have -_-;;

Um.. don't take it personally. If you are in the position of waitlist, you will worry about it at least I am..
Also what I meant about asking waitlist questions was to coordinators or p1 students since you do get lots of killing time while waiting for the interview or even after writing the paper. I guess I was not clear about it. However you are right about the interviewees, they shouldn't worry about the being in waitlist when you are there.

And lol.. I mentioned those numbers because PCOM do interview many students and I wanted to find out where I am from the waitlist.
You seriously take a big deal out of it from the frustration I have -_-;;
not sure if you remember your waitlist email but the list is not ranked. This means your position is just as good as someone else's or if your a glass half empty type of guy, just as bad. Being frustrated is justified but pointless because it's only going to make the wait that much longer. Just have faith that you will be pulled off. cheers!

I would like to think that they take people off the waitlist in the order at which they interview. I understand the worry of not knowing though!

Hey, Koryon.
I was in the interview yesterday.
Since Mrs. Lynn was too busy to have a person to person question after the interview, I wasn't able to ask.
They just gave us the general info; we will get the answer two weeks after the interview and wait listed people will get off from the wait list based on the rolling process.
Sorry about that.

not sure if this has been asked yet but does anyone know the link to the Facebook group for accepted students? i tried searching and didn't come up with anything :/ do you have to be invited to join?

not sure if this has been asked yet but does anyone know the link to the Facebook group for accepted students? i tried searching and didn't come up with anything :/ do you have to be invited to join?
You have to be invited to it and some of us has not been invited to it yet either so I'd email them about it and see what they say.

Last edited:
You have to be invited to it and some of is has not been invited to it yet either so I'd email them about it and see what they say.

Who do we email exactly? I searched the fb group and it seems like they haven't made one yet. Maybe they are waiting for the interviews to be over?

Here's a question for the accepted students, my welcome packet was mailed yesterday and I know some old students said they have housing information in the packet but I'm trying to figure out the best way of going about finding roommates or cheap one bedroom apartments. Any suggestions?

Who do we email exactly? I searched the fb group and it seems like they haven't made one yet. Maybe they are waiting for the interviews to be over?

Here's a question for the accepted students, my welcome packet was mailed yesterday and I know some old students said they have housing information in the packet but I'm trying to figure out the best way of going about finding roommates or cheap one bedroom apartments. Any suggestions?
You email Pitts the coordinator.
Best place to find roommates is through nucleus group page or the facebook page once your added. I actually found one through here so that's an option as well. As far as apartments go you just have to search.

Hey guys. I got an interview for this school next Tuesday May 20. I am really nervous on what to expect and what to take. If someone has any suggestions and tips, I will really appreciate it. This is my first interview so I don't know what to expect. Congrats to all that got in and good luck to all the people waiting! Hopefully we all get in!

You email Pitts the coordinator.
Best place to find roommates is through nucleus group page or the facebook page once your added. I actually found one through here so that's an option as well. As far as apartments go you just have to search.

Ok that's cool. Im thinking a house would just another way to go, rent out the rooms which would be the cheapest alternative. Have you been added to the group yet if so can you post the link and ill message one of the admins or just wait for a response. (I figure Pitts is busy enough as is right now).

Thanks for your help!!