PCOM schoo of pharmacy c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my acceptance letter today from 11/30 interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know where to release Certiphi for PCOM School of Pharmacy? I just completed my background check, but don't know where to release it.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where to release Certiphi for PCOM School of Pharmacy? I just completed my background check, but don't know where to release it.:laugh:

I think once you have reviewed your background report and have e-signed it, there's a button you can click on which will release it to the schools that require the background check. That's what I'm assuming since I did this last week however, I didn't receive an email confirmation but I'm sure the school will contact you if they haven't recieved it or you can contact them as well.

Does anyone know when classes starts and when/how long the breaks are after each term? It looks like we have classes all throughout the year including summer. If that's the case, then I'm assuming I would be better off attending South? Any input on the curriculum?

Does anyone know when classes starts and when/how long the breaks are after each term? It looks like we have classes all throughout the year including summer. If that's the case, then I'm assuming I would be better off attending South? Any input on the curriculum?

It's not the whole year. I believe you get summers off (beginning of June-Mid August). Next school year they are planning on giving us a week off after each term, since they have the trimester program.

It's not the whole year. I believe you get summers off (beginning of June-Mid August). Next school year they are planning on giving us a week off after each term, since they have the trimester program.

Yeah I misread the info in the handbook so that's good to hear :) Is PCOM where you will be going?

Does anyone know when PCOM start going over the wait list? Do they wait until they finish with all the interviews or they pull they wait list whenever some when give up their seats?

got my acceptance letter today...!!!! 12/13/12 interview!!!

Anyone decided to go PCOM after an acceptance letter? I just want to know my future classmates :)

i will most likely be attending pcom unless i get acceptance from uga...withdrawing my apps from mercer n south!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invite today, so I am happy because I feel their program is solid. I am, however, not too thrilled at the prospect of moving to GA. I realize I need to get accepted first before I start worrying about the move, but can any locals comment on the diversity of the surrounding population? I'm interviewing on February 1st, anyone else?
Thanks! :)

Got invite for Feb 1st as well. Not sure if ill go. I'm in Cali

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

I received an interview invite today, so I am happy because I feel their program is solid. I am, however, not too thrilled at the prospect of moving to GA. I realize I need to get accepted first before I start worrying about the move, but can any locals comment on the diversity of the surrounding population? I'm interviewing on February 1st, anyone else?
Thanks! :)

It's mainly a Caucasian and Asian population around the area. Pretty nice town with a middle to upper class environment. Some areas are obviously going to be lower income but that's expected with any town.

It's mainly a Caucasian and Asian population around the area. Pretty nice town with a middle to upper class environment. Some areas are obviously going to be lower income but that's expected with any town.

Thanks for the reply :D
Is anyone else going to be attending the Feb 1st interview?

For those that have been offered an interview or been accepted, do you mind sharing your stats? I am still waiting for a call from them, last time I spoke to Rachel they were waiting on my Speech and A&P which is now completed but I send out my PharmCAS end of November and supplemental early December

I got accepted! I had 3.0 overall and 3.30 pre-reqs....78 pcat ....no experience....BS in chemistry

Good job. Its it a good program?

Something sorta weird happened. They returned me my money order because they said that they waived the fee, but both in pharmcas and in the school website they say that I have to pay the $50 fee. does anyone know whats up?

Something sorta weird happened. They returned me my money order because they said that they waived the fee, but both in pharmcas and in the school website they say that I have to pay the $50 fee. does anyone know whats up?

not to worry. this year they have waived the $50 supplemental fee. they sent my check back to me also.

Hi everyone!

If any of you are still waiting for an interview, I was supposed to be interviewing on the first, but I have been accepted else where so I withdrew my application. So good news for the hopefuls out there! :)

Best wishes!

not to worry. this year they have waived the $50 supplemental fee. they sent my check back to me also.

what?? They already cashed my check in November and I didn't get any kind of refund check back. :( Oh well, not complaining.

Hey everyone, congrats to all on the acceptance! :)

I'm currently a 2nd year pharmacy student (c/o 2015), and I dont think there's a facebook page yet for your class so I'm going to post here. I'm trying to get a head start on looking for roommates. I'm looking for 1-2 female roommates to rent an apartment. I currently live with 2 DO students but they're going on rotations this fall so they're moving toward the Atlanta area. I'm planning to rent an apartment close to campus (1-2 miles away from school, 5 minute drive) The apartment complex is going to be brand new and will be open by spring. Please send me an email if you're interested at [email protected] (again, girls only!)

has anyone heard from this school at all lately? O_O

I don't know what's going on with this school. They received my application in beginning of Nov. and I haven't heard anything back from them since. However, the strange thing is that I've been getting tons of postcards and flyers from them! I tried contacting them via email but no response. I also called and left a voicemail and still no response. Weird lol

i have an interview in march..but i dont think ill be going since they have candidate status..

Did anyone receive a three ring binder in the mail? They mentioned that we were going to get it like two months ago, so far i havent received it yet. :(

whats so good about this school? i have an interview next week but still deciding if im going to go or not....

whats so good about this school? i have an interview next week but still deciding if im going to go or not....

I'll make a quick list of things i've seen/noticed

Has the PCOM name on it which is considered to be in the top 3 for Osteopathic schools. (So they take their reputation seriously)

Combined with Osteopathic school so Pharmacy program has access to Cadaver's for anatomy practice and opportunity to do course work along side future Doctors

School is being looked at by Georgia Board of Pharmacy to be used for the Wet Lab Examination for your Pharmacy License in Georgia

Fully licensed pharmacy on site at the school

Just some of the basics of the school. Teachers are awesome and go way above and beyond what you would find at a lot of other schools. There have been plenty of nights at school where a teacher will stay until midnight before a test to answer questions and help out students.

The school is on a 3 term system instead of 2 term system. This means that there are 3 semesters instead of 2 semesters in a year. Each semester is 12 weeks long instead of 18 weeks like the bimester. The 3 term system means you take less classes per semester because you now have an extra semester. I find this gives you more time during the day to digest, learn and study the material more efficiently. Tests are also every week. Normally about 1 test each week instead of every 4 weeks you have all of your test in the same week.

The school has candidate status but what a lot of people don't realize is how difficult it actually is to open a school and enroll students. From what I've read if a school is allowed to open, it is ALMOST always going to succeed. The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education is not going to allow a school to open and enroll students unless they legitimately believe that the school will most likely succeed into full accreditation. They do realize that is wouldn't be fair to the students that spend the money for these schools only to not have nothing to show after their 3 or 4 years. The hardest part of the entire process is opening a new school. But if worse comes to worse and a school does NOT become accredited after 2 graduating classes take the boards then the students are transferred other accredited schools of pharmacy. One of the requirements for a new school is to have a backup plan for the students in case the school does not become accredited. Just because a school is new doesn't mean it won't be a great school. The best thing I can recommended is to actually do research on the history of the institution and see what type of school they strive to be because that is how they are going to approach all of their new programs. Example: If Harvard were to open a Pharmacy school, would anyone care that it was only Candidate status? On the flip side, if the University of Phoenix opened a pharmacy school how skeptical would you be of them being successful?

Reactions: 1 user
I've been waitlisted. I guess there are two different waitlist.( one for interviews and one after you get an interview) I'm waitlisted for an interview. Pharmcas finished my application oct 25 and I have yet to hear anything back from PCOM. Contacted them and they told me I was waitlisted. :-(

I'll make a quick list of things i've seen/noticed

Has the PCOM name on it which is considered to be in the top 3 for Osteopathic schools. (So they take their reputation seriously)

Combined with Osteopathic school so Pharmacy program has access to Cadaver's for anatomy practice and opportunity to do course work along side future Doctors

School is being looked at by Georgia Board of Pharmacy to be used for the Wet Lab Examination for your Pharmacy License in Georgia

Fully licensed pharmacy on site at the school

Just some of the basics of the school. Teachers are awesome and go way above and beyond what you would find at a lot of other schools. There have been plenty of nights at school where a teacher will stay until midnight before a test to answer questions and help out students.

The school is on a 3 term system instead of 2 term system. This means that there are 3 semesters instead of 2 semesters in a year. Each semester is 12 weeks long instead of 18 weeks like the bimester. The 3 term system means you take less classes per semester because you now have an extra semester. I find this gives you more time during the day to digest, learn and study the material more efficiently. Tests are also every week. Normally about 1 test each week instead of every 4 weeks you have all of your test in the same week.

The school has candidate status but what a lot of people don't realize is how difficult it actually is to open a school and enroll students. From what I've read if a school is allowed to open, it is ALMOST always going to succeed. The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education is not going to allow a school to open and enroll students unless they legitimately believe that the school will most likely succeed into full accreditation. They do realize that is wouldn't be fair to the students that spend the money for these schools only to not have nothing to show after their 3 or 4 years. The hardest part of the entire process is opening a new school. But if worse comes to worse and a school does NOT become accredited after 2 graduating classes take the boards then the students are transferred other accredited schools of pharmacy. One of the requirements for a new school is to have a backup plan for the students in case the school does not become accredited. Just because a school is new doesn't mean it won't be a great school. The best thing I can recommended is to actually do research on the history of the institution and see what type of school they strive to be because that is how they are going to approach all of their new programs. Example: If Harvard were to open a Pharmacy school, would anyone care that it was only Candidate status? On the flip side, if the University of Phoenix opened a pharmacy school how skeptical would you be of them being successful?
I will be applying the upcoming cycle to PCOM. I wasn't aware of the 3 semester schedule. Since its 12 weeks 3 times a year, do you still have time to complete internships during the summer like most pharmacy schools that have only a spring and a fall semester? Thanks. I'm just trying to find out as much as I can about the schools I'm going to apply to.

I've been waitlisted. I guess there are two different waitlist.( one for interviews and one after you get an interview) I'm waitlisted for an interview. Pharmcas finished my application oct 25 and I have yet to hear anything back from PCOM. Contacted them and they told me I was waitlisted. :-(

I should probably give them a call too .... I sent them my supplemental on by Jan 5, and a little after they sent me back my check, maybe that's why :(

Has anyone heard from the school lately? I had an interview on march 8th and still haven't gotten an email or letter.

Hi guys, my supplement was sent March 14. Got the completion email by March 18. Does anyone knows how long it takes for them to send out the interview email? Apparently my friend already got the interview invite yesterday.. March 21th.

Stats:
GPA: 3.4
PCAT: 45 :(
Experience: Hospital volunteer

Got invite for Feb 1st as well. Not sure if ill go. I'm in Cali

How long did it take after your application is complete for you to receive an interview?

Hi everyone,

I have decided to rent this nice house near GA-PCOM (appx. 10-15 mins from the school) for $1200/mth. I'm looking for 1-2 more female roommates to live with. The rent will probably be around 200-300 dollars per month with out utilities for each person. If you're interested, please email me at [email protected] . Thanks!

I will be applying the upcoming cycle to PCOM. I wasn't aware of the 3 semester schedule. Since its 12 weeks 3 times a year, do you still have time to complete internships during the summer like most pharmacy schools that have only a spring and a fall semester? Thanks. I'm just trying to find out as much as I can about the schools I'm going to apply to.

Definitely will. We still receive about 2 to 2 & 1/2 months off for summer break. My first summer I was able to knock out 300/500 of the intern hours I needed. I would of replied sooner to your question but don't really frequent the forums often.

=o I just got my invitation to interview in April. I've already been admitted to Mercer...what to do..?

Last edited:
Hey I am in the same boat as you, I just got an email yesterday for an interview in May, but have also been accepted to Mercer and sent in my deposit. Are you going to go? I am thinking about it, their trimester program seems interesting.

Hey I am in the same boat as you, I just got an email yesterday for an interview in May, but have also been accepted to Mercer and sent in my deposit. Are you going to go? I am thinking about it, their trimester program seems interesting.

haha that's the same spot I'm in. yeah I have their curriculum pulled up and I was comparing it to Mercer's...PCOM students have to take A&P and Biochem which we don't have to since it's part of our pre-reqs already and that's a plus because I hated both of those classes :D

The PCOM campus looks really nice..a lot better than Mercer's. Are you going to the spring orientation thing in April? PCOM is 20 minutes away so maybe I'll do a driveby and check how the place looks like lol.

I'm still on the fence about it and I haven't replied back to my interview invitation yet..let me know what you decide on doing lol.