Penn Decisions Online!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
jdovez said:
In the email they sent out, didn't they say decisions would be posted starting monday the 21st? Why is there all this ballihoo hover the 20th? (I know suggested this would be the date pre-email, but now we got something from the horse's mouth, proverbially speaking of course). Am I missing something?

It may be for nothing, but....
1. ajt2003 posted on another thread about friend at PennMed who had some reason to believe the 20th.
2. When I called to ask about what happened last week with the temporary page changes, I was told we would hear "around the 20th." I thought it was a bit odd that "around the 21st" wasn't offered, since that's the number they had highlighted in their mass email a few weeks ago.

I'd rather it be sooner than later, so I'm still holding out hope for the 20th-- though at this point, I've become slightly desensitized. I guess we'll find out whenever they send that official "check your page" email.... (or whenever an SDNer stumbles across another change!).

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else having trouble logging in?

I can login fine, but my status page is unchanged.

Members don't see this ad :)
I e-mailed Sheffler, and she definitely said the week of the 21st. It is highly unlikely that we'll find out on a Sunday. I'd certainly welcome decisions on Sunday but it is unlikely.

Tuesday - from a friend who has knowledge of the admissions committee -- that decisions are supposed to let out on tuesday.

Though whether this is really Monday midnight/Tuesday morning or what, just passing on the info.

:laugh: More and more rumors about the exact date. It's kind of funny in a sadistic way. Kind of like being a medical student here--things just sort of get sprung on you from all directions until you can't really plan on doing anything besides medical school. You may know something is coming, but you won't know when/where until the last minute. But, I suppose that will be a discussion for when you all figure out where you are on the acceptance list :)

Good luck!

bidster said:
It may be for nothing, but....
1. ajt2003 posted on another thread about friend at PennMed who had some reason to believe the 20th.
2. When I called to ask about what happened last week with the temporary page changes, I was told we would hear "around the 20th." I thought it was a bit odd that "around the 21st" wasn't offered, since that's the number they had highlighted in their mass email a few weeks ago.

I'd rather it be sooner than later, so I'm still holding out hope for the 20th-- though at this point, I've become slightly desensitized. I guess we'll find out whenever they send that official "check your page" email.... (or whenever an SDNer stumbles across another change!).

Well, okay, so it seems my PennMed friend was a bit off. (Although she still insists that she was told the 20th.) Though, if Gaye said the week of the 21st, then I guess Monday is earliest...but now someone's saying TUESDAY?! That's Yale's day! After months of nothing, two huge decisions in one day? This process is so annoying sometimes!

ajt2003 said:
Well, okay, so it seems my PennMed friend was a bit off. (Although she still insists that she was told the 20th.) Though, if Gaye said the week of the 21st, then I guess Monday is earliest...but now someone's saying TUESDAY?! That's Yale's day! After months of nothing, two huge decisions in one day? This process is so annoying sometimes!

Maybe they did project the 20th at some point, but ran behind and needed an extra day or two.

Having both Penn and Yale release decisions on the same day might not be so bad though....It should at least consolidate the craziness/anxiety associated with compulsive email-and-SDN-checking to a single day. :) Especially useful for people getting hit with both decisions!

Now the question becomes whose decision floodgates will break first--Penn or Yale? I'm conflicted....anyone want to take a stab? :p

bidster said:
Now the question becomes whose decision floodgates will break first--Penn or Yale? I'm conflicted....anyone want to take a stab? :p

I predict Penn. My guess is that their decisions will be posted early tomorrow morning, possibly in just a few hours!!!

...not to get anyone anxious again or anything. :p

I'm staying up till midnight to keep watch and then I'm hitting the sack.

Good luck guys, especially to those who don't have any acceptances yet.

javert said:
I predict Penn. My guess is that their decisions will be posted early tomorrow morning, possibly in just a few hours!!!

...not to get anyone anxious again or anything. :p
:scared: not again...

Psycho Doctor said:
:scared: not again...

You've some wonderful acceptances, Psycho. Why do you care about Penn? It is located in the city of "brotherly love." It's a modern Sodom and Gomorrah. I'd move on with my acceptances and leave this one behind to the sinners, lest I be turned into a pillar of salt, were I you.

GuyLaroche said:
You've some wonderful acceptances, Psycho. Why do you care about Penn? It is located in the city of "brotherly love." It's a modern Sodom and Gomorrah. I'd move on with my acceptances and leave this one behind to the sinners, lest I be turned into a pillar of salt, were I you.

...and Guy's not biased or anything. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
GuyLaroche said:

so did you

it's a great school and i loved it

drat.

the penn and yale adcoms are giving the energizer bunny a run for its money...

sockandmittens said:
drat.

the penn and yale adcoms are giving the energizer bunny a run for its money...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OK, so I was wrong about Penn's being released today, but I still maintain that Penn will beat Yale.

:luck:

My guess is that it'll be up tomorrow at midnight.

Good luck everyone, hopefully the waiting/speculation will end soon, and those of us that got some early signs will have the answer by the end of the day!! :luck:

Treg

Treg said:
Good luck everyone, hopefully the waiting/speculation will end soon, and those of us that got some early signs will have the answer by the end of the day!! :luck:

Treg

I've looked at the discussions from last year, and they find out in the afternoon.

I have the site as a link and I am not able to get into it that way now.

Edit: Also not working manually typing in the address...

GuyLaroche said:

Zing! :cool:

Seriously though, let's all play nice until we figure out what's what. Which should hopefully be soon. Afternoon, someone said?! Lovely!

the1111gal said:
I have the site as a link and I am not able to get into it that way now.

Edit: Also not working manually typing in the address...

Hmmm....mine is working, and "interview completed" is still there. doh. which address is this?

As for the afternoon-decision speculation--last year they were released in the afternoon (around 3 I think) so that's possible again. But we know for certain from last week that someone in that office is a night owl! :)

well, if the decisions are available this afternoon, good luck everyone!

Sparky Man said:
well, if the decisions are available this afternoon, good luck everyone!

May the force be with you, one and all!!!

jdovez said:
May the force be with you, one and all!!!

Someone please call and ask when the answer is revealed! I would but I don't have my cell with me.

cottagepepper said:
Someone please call and ask when the answer is revealed! I would but I don't have my cell with me.
I called and reluctantly they told me it would be out this week. when i asked if they could be more specific, they laughed and said they already told me more than they should... :smuggrin:

Psycho Doctor said:
I called and reluctantly they told me it would be out this week. when i asked if they could be more specific, they laughed and said they already told me more than they should... :smuggrin:

This is getting to be ridiculous... they think it's funny that we sit here and go crazy. Not cool!

12.5 hours to go -- good luck everyone!

this midnight/no definite date thing is driving me crazy.

for the record, it's 2pm, i have been up for 3 hours, and i am having a drink and going shopping at Barneys Coop. screwdrivers, what a way to kick off the afternoon.

i have the day off work, and my assistant is checking SDN so she can call me when decisions come out.

good luck everyone, especiallly if you have no acceptances, are hoping for a merit scholarship, etc.

elicash said:
this midnight/no definite date thing is driving me crazy.

good luck everyone, especiallly if you have no acceptances, are hoping for a merit scholarship, etc.

Thanks Elicash. I'm also sweating a few bullets. We'll know soon enough, I hope.

Hello everyone. I too am waiting to hear and I just wanted to let you know that I spoke with a reliable admissions source and we will know by the latest on Wed. morning and probably tomorrow (tue). Tough wait, I know, but hopefully worth it.

Thanks for the notice. We'll see if they come through. I'm know i'll be checking at midnight tonight. Best of luck.

Hey guys. This waiting is getting tiresome. Is anyone else with me? Treg

Tell me about it.

I feel like this whole waiting-so-long-to-tell-people thing can only hurt Penn in the long run.

Treg said:

I was there a week ago! :p But yes...this needs to finish already! That and I wish I had never seen that cursed page leak last week (I envy those who didn't)....I have lived in constant fear of what the page will say for real for almost exactly a week now.

*sigh* In any case, good luck to everyone tomorrow....or whenever this all will actually happen!!!! Almost done! :luck: ;) :luck:

Treg said:

I definitely feel you on this one. Its even worst practically knowing I am waiting for a waitlist (therefore waiting to start waiting again!!). Oh well, best of luck to all.

Agh, guess we'll have to wait at least another day.

Still nothing so far. Grrrr....

:cool: Treg

Waitlist Tier 1.... Decisions are out, guys!

Thank goodness, I feel very good about this. I'm off to NJMS!! Congrats to you all that got in Penn, it's an awesome place.

Oh my flipping gosh! I am in! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE PENN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darn, waitlist tier 1. but hey, congratulations everyone!!

Waitlist, tier 1 :luck:

Sparky Man said:
darn, waitlist tier 1. but hey, congratulations everyone!!

Same here.....did anyone get the waitlist upper tier 1 or some such? I saw that mentioned earlier from previous years and was just curious.

waitlist tier 1. i really wanted this one to work out.

boardchic said:

Me too, waitlist tier 1. What can a girl expect with a 29 MCAT? ha. Oh well, I think I'm probably going to go to Jefferson...Philly is a great city. Congrats to everyone who is accepted/waitlisted!

boardchic said:

I'm waitlisted tier 1, as well. Is there any difference between tier 1 and tier 2? The faq on the status page says there is no ranking on the waitlist, but why the two tiers?!?!