People with less than perfect stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerbernator

Retired
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
please create an MDApplicants account. As it stands now, the only people on MD applicants are 4.0's with 45T's.

Members don't see this ad.

ok ok ok.... ill help bring mdapplicants down a notch :)

Before I create an MDapplicant account, could you tell me what the value of having one is? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
RaistlinMajere said:
Before I create an MDapplicant account, could you tell me what the value of having one is? Thanks.

personally, i just like to look at other peoples. to a degree it makes me feel better if only to see that all of the crazies here on SND who legitametly have 4.0s and 45Ts arent applying to the same schools i am!!! :laugh:
but i do like searching for people with my similar stats to see how they have faired. i mean, obviously theres a hell of a lot more that goes into this process than a couple numbers and a loose list of ECs but.... i still like to peruse.

number 2124, baby

What do you feel is less than perfect? Say, 3.7 and 32, or more like 3.3 and 28? Honestly, I'm just curious.

SanDiegoSOD said:
What do you feel is less than perfect? Say, 3.7 and 32, or more like 3.3 and 28? Honestly, I'm just curious.

nearly every sig i've clicked has been around 3.9 and >35. Its like a big sign that says "LOOK HOW FECKIN SMART I AM!!!"

So essentially, MDApplicants is being used as a way for people with high stats to brag rather than to give us a general idea of who is getting in where and with what stats.

Cerbernator said:
please create an MDApplicants account. As it stands now, the only people on MD applicants are 4.0's with 45T's.
I've created one. I'm sure that you can figure out who I am.

Where's your link, EvoBevo?

:)
Jessica

Cerbernator said:
So essentially, MDApplicants is being used as a way for people with high stats to brag rather than to give us a general idea of who is getting in where and with what stats.

That's certainly not the fault of the applicants with high stats. If those with "less than perfect" stats would bother making the account, then you would get a general idea of who is getting in where with what. But, if only those with high stats are confident enough to make an account, then of course the profiles are going to be top-heavy. But I think that is what you are trying to address here, right?

ok, you guys have convinced me to post up my sub-par stats...

good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
SanDiegoSOD said:
That's certainly not the fault of the applicants with high stats. If those with "less than perfect" stats would bother making the account, then you would get a general idea of who is getting in where with what. But, if only those with high stats are confident enough to make an account, then of course the profiles are going to be top-heavy. But I think that is what you are trying to address here, right?

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just saying that it is the way it is because applicants with lower stats arent posting - so lets post! I've made mine, I'll find the link shortly and post it:)

I thought you had to finish an application season to post on MDApplicants. Otherwise I'd be more than willing to slap my 3.6/ 31L up on there.

I've tossed my less than stellar numbers in as well. Enjoy!

liverotcod said:
Fermata, I'm going to keep an eye on you this cycle - we're in a similar boat, I think.

BTW, I've loved your tag line-- "I'm a fermata - hold me!" --since I first saw it.

Whoops. A little misunderstanding.

I was guessing if that was Evo's profile. :D

You should do fine. You destroyed the MCAT, dude. :D

liverotcod said:
Fermata, I'm going to keep an eye on you this cycle - we're in a similar boat, I think.

BTW, I've loved your tag line-- "I'm a fermata - hold me!" --since I first saw it.

It's also funny in that the only PM's I ever get are compliments about my signature. Heh. :D

Fermata said:
Whoops. A little misunderstanding.

I was guessing if that was Evo's profile. :D

You should do fine. You destroyed the MCAT, dude. :D

Aha.
Evo, I'm going to keep an eye on you this cycle - we're in a similar boat, I think.

darko... that same kind of sh@t was pulled on mccain... i find it hard to believe that kerry's "questionable" military service (along with his flipflopping) is the worst thing they can find about this guy.. just seems to me like bush is getting desperate

I've had mine posted but I am placing most of my hope eggs in the D.O. basket, applying to some of the upper tier schools was like buying over-priced lottery tickets.

Well my stats aint bad, but they aint that great either.

Curiousity finally got the best of me and I had to google "fermata." My musical knowledge is limited at best, but thats good. :)

davedavedave said:
darko... that same kind of sh@t was pulled on mccain... i find it hard to believe that kerry's "questionable" military service (along with his flipflopping) is the worst thing they can find about this guy.. just seems to me like bush is getting desperate

Oh ****... please try to stay on topic.

SpiderBill said:
Well my stats aint bad, but they aint that great either.

Curiousity finally got the best of me and I had to google "fermata." My musical knowledge is limited at best, but thats good. :)

Yes. My plan to turn the pre-allo forum into a bunch of band geeks is progressing nicely. :D

davedavedave said:

huh :confused: :confused: :confused:

put the links in your profile!

liverotcod said:
Aha.
Evo, I'm going to keep an eye on you this cycle - we're in a similar boat, I think.
Yep. I think that we are.

I've got my eye on you as well. ;)

Good luck with everything. :luck:

Adam, im definately keeping an eye on yours this cycle.

Its not every day you see a guy from a Big Ten school with 3.5-3.6 BCPM and AO, good BS and PS and crappy VR and WS with solid research experience.

Matter of fact, so far its just me and you. In regards to your Creighton comment, do you know what other schools do that?

Fermata said:
:confused:

I have no clue what anybody's talking about anymore.

hey, let's start talking about dinosaurs... i like raptors, theyre so cool

I like amoebas, they are like dinosaurs except not at all. Anyone dislike Paul Harvey? One time in the fourth grade me and my best friend Ben were at lunch and we gave this ******ed kid 50 cents to eat mashed potatoes and peas in his chocolate milk. I thought I was gonna gag but it was funny and everyone thought we were cool. I borrowed my cousins game boy once and dropped it and it broke and I had to mow the lawn all summer to buy him a new one.
MUST KILL KATHY LEE GIFFORD

(let the randomness end here)

you mean my 200 units of 3.4 isn't doing its job? damn.

My favorite stuffed animal when I was a kid was a stegosaurus.

I named him: Stego.

I also had a stuffed white bear.

I named him: White Bear.

Boy I was a creative kid.

Kazema said:

I had a Teddy Ruxpin but he killed himself by jumping out the window when I replaced him with Gi Joe :eek:

Cerbernator said:
I had a Teddy Ruxpin but he killed himself by jumping out the window when I replaced him with Gi Joe :eek:

My four year old has a stuffed puppy he calls Box, and some kinda ninja fighting action figure he calls Car.

What can I say, the kid likes nouns.

Kazema said:

my favorite stuffed animal was this little bear... his name was "ducky"

I have a dog named Frog and a cat named Mouse.

And I created my MDApplicant account, voila, lowered the average. :D

(Just to return to the topic.)

I have spent the last four years working with mice, which I refer to as "the little *ssholes." Recently, my mom purged her house of my remaining toys from when I was a kid and sent them to me. My favorite stuffed animals as a kid were a pair of hugging mice. Oh, the irony....

Treg

liverotcod said:
My four year old has a stuffed puppy he calls Box, and some kinda ninja fighting action figure he calls Car.

What can I say, the kid likes nouns.

You should buy him a stuffed boxcar. That'll scar him for life!

Treg said:
I have spent the last four years working with mice, which I refer to as "the little *ssholes." Recently, my mom purged her house of my remaining toys from when I was a kid and sent them to me. My favorite stuffed animals as a kid were a pair of hugging mice. Oh, the irony....

Treg

Hahahahahaha

Sadly I didn't have many stuffed animals when I was young...my parents figured since I was an only child, they'd buy me a whole bunch of boardgames for 2 players or more :rolleyes:

I had a blast playing both sides of checkers...but hey, I always won :D I learned how to have a party all by myself!

I thought that MDapplicants was only for people who have completed their application. I was going to wait until after the process.