Phys II, Bio II, Orgo II + MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

businessguy

That's gold Jerry, Gold!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Should I do this next year? Or should I spend an extra year just to lighten the course load... I mean with these exams I'll probably only have a month to study.. but then again, the information will be fresh and I can always retake in August.

What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

My advice is to take the courses see how well you comprehend the context of the courses you listed. Then study for MCAT... Thats the path I am taking. My advice to you is to be confident and 100% prepared, so you sit for the beast once. Give yourself the best chance by being patient. Just my $.02 GOOD LUCK!

In general, the medical school course-load will make a 5-science-class semester look like a joke so I would test the waters until the non-transcript withdrawal period nears to see if you can handle the load.

It depends on how you feel about time. I don't know if you're 21 or closer to 20. If you're not worried about time, then why not take the extra time and know you'll do everything well?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can take your mcats in august if not this april. That's what I was planning to do. I too am taking the same classes. Taking them in august will help you with studying + you have the whole summer (no classes, no finals or exams to worry about).

In my Earlier post, I meant to ask you if you were a sophmore? If you are, then definetly take it in august, unless you plan to graduate early?

take it, it will be fresh on your mind, everyone is stupid, dont listen to them. the mcat will be toward the end of the semester so you will cover most of the information by the end. other htan maybe a few things but you can learn them easily anyway.

Cooolguy said:
take it, it will be fresh on your mind, everyone is stupid, dont listen to them. the mcat will be toward the end of the semester so you will cover most of the information by the end. other htan maybe a few things but you can learn them easily anyway.

That is a sneaky way to push the average scores down and skew the numbers your way....sneaky, sneaky

lol, whatever it takes to do well on that damn test. I'm actually gonna take orgo I, phy2, immunology and some history. And I will begin in a week to prepare for the august MCAT and take a prep course once my semester finishes and hopefully rock the MCAT.

Good luck to all who are in the same path I am!

businessguy said:

Should I do this next year? Or should I spend an extra year just to lighten the course load... I mean with these exams I'll probably only have a month to study.. but then again, the information will be fresh and I can always retake in August.

What do you think?

That actually doesn't sound that bad. I took Bio I, Orgo I and Phys II last semester and was fine. I'm taking Bio II Orgo II and Genetics this semester plus studying for the MCAT and I'm not too worried about it. Catch is, do you work like 40 hrs a week? because if you do, then it's going to absolutely suck trying to do all that.