This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SouthernMed

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Only the schools' academic advisors will know. I would not expect problems but I can be surprised.
Do you know if it's frowned upon by medical schools to take it a different university if I could take at my own? I'm graduating early which is why I can't take it, but I hypothetically could come back and take it at my own school and just graduate on time and pay extra $. I figured because it's at least at another 4-year university, it wouldn't be frowned upon as it would be for a CC class. But is there still a level of it being frowned upon just because it's a different school? Thanks

Why aren't you just taking it at a CC?

I've never seen this cause an issue. Lots of students take pre-requisites at a CC.

From my experience, the college may ask to review the syllabus of your Physics I course to ensure it meets the requirements to enroll in Physics II. Calculus vs algebra based physics may also be a factor.

Reactions: 1 user
Why aren't you just taking it at a CC?

I've never seen this cause an issue. Lots of students take pre-requisites at a CC.
Just the notion that some schools don't like it, and some just don't outright accept a CC credit.

Just the notion that some schools don't like it, and some just don't outright accept a CC credit.
I've never seen a school that won't accept a CC credit. If you have some in mind, please share! Always things changing/things I can miss.

In all my years of advising I've never seen schools that look down on CC classes for pre-requisites, although I hear concern a lot from students. Unless it's part of a larger pattern (i.e., taking hard classes at a CC while taking easier classes at your school) and your application is borderline in other ways, it shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: 1 user