Pitt Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received my acceptance today, and I was not a conditional applicant.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an email saying that I got in!! yay!! now I will have to get on with apt hunting! any suggestion??

Just got my acceptance by email. Interviewed 2/26. Debating on whether or not to go there though. I'm from out of state and already have my deposit in at Cincinnati.

Members don't see this ad :)
why would you guys wanna go to pitt? they lost to butler!

why would you guys wanna go to pitt? they lost to butler!
Low blow...

Either way I am on the edge of my seat every day when I check my emails. I am on UMBC waitlist (#7 last week), so I have some time for Pitt to get back to me about my acceptance.

Low blow...

Either way I am on the edge of my seat every day when I check my emails. I am on UMBC waitlist (#7 last week), so I have some time for Pitt to get back to me about my acceptance.

hahaha that was so low, and I am ashamed of myself. g'luck on gettin' a seat at pitt! great school

Hey, Faix, did you interview at Pitt on 2/26 as well? Just curious as I met someone who also interviewed at Baltimore while I was interviewing at Pitt.

Hey, Faix, did you interview at Pitt on 2/26 as well? Just curious as I met someone who also interviewed at Baltimore while I was interviewing at Pitt.
Yes I interviewed at UMBC 2/10 and Pitt on 2/26 during the first session of the day.

Officially accepted today by email! Still have to see what UMBC has to say before I make my choice but Pitt is close to my heart.

i was accepted by email this morning and i will most likely attend

they still haven't even asked me for an interview yet, wth?

it was on 2/26 and I am not a current pitt student.
congrats, when did you interview and are you a current pitt student?

unfortunately, they're done interviewing. the last date was 3/19

Members don't see this ad :)
To the people who have been accepted and were competitive? are you pitt students?

To the people who have been accepted and were competitive? are you pitt students?
Got accepted yesterday. 3.95 GPA with a B.S. in Neuroscience from Pitt (class of 2010). 89 Pcat.

I will be receiving a B.S. in Cell and molecular biology from a small private school in Ohio, PCAT: 88 composite, not too much pharm experience, but about 8 months of research experience (40 hrs over full summer and about 15-25 hrs/week during the school year). I also have a 1 hour commute each direction to and from school. I was actually shocked to get the letter. So no, I am not a Pitt student.

Anyone else hear from Pitt or make a decision on attending?

Nope, nothing yet. I called about a week ago and just told me that the admissions committee is still going through all the applications. It just doesn't make sense that some students are finding out (both conditional and not conditional) their acceptances, but there is still a large majority of kids that haven't heard anything..

Just a heads up for everyone, I spoke with admissions today and was told they have already accepted everyone they were going to accept and now they are working on who's waitlisted and who's rejected so if you haven't been accepted yet, it ain't happening. Also, they do not rank the waitlist. I'm extremely disappointed but what can you do? :(

Just a heads up for everyone, I spoke with admissions today and was told they have already accepted everyone they were going to accept and now they are working on who's waitlisted and who's rejected so if you haven't been accepted yet, it ain't happening. Also, they do not rank the waitlist. I'm extremely disappointed but what can you do? :(

Well, that is extremely disappointing. At this point, I'm just happy I got accepted at my second choice. Do you remember who you talked to from admissions by any chance?

Well, that is extremely disappointing. At this point, I'm just happy I got accepted at my second choice. Do you remember who you talked to from admissions by any chance?
Marcia, I believe.

Congrats to all accepted and good luck to the rest of you...

So for those people who got accepted, are you as "thrilled" as I am with how Pitt considers their P1 and P2 years as undergrad? I'm not eligible for any government loans or state grants now since I already have a bachelors. YAY.