Please help with school list MCAT 502

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmmhhhey

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I got my MCAT back, 502, my sGPA3.69, cGPA 3.8. Only a BS in Biology degree. First generation, aisan, in 3rd gap year. I am currently working as CNA (part-time for 3 years now), and a pharmacy technician( part-time 2nd year ). Volunteer at one place for like 4 years, once a week for 2-3 hours. Not into research, so did not do much during undergrad.
I am not picky, I know my stats are not good enough, but at this point, re-take the MCAT is not want I want. I just want one acceptance into US medical school.
Looking to apply next year, and want to work on the school list. Live in Hawaii, no connection to any other state.
Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

With those stats, you can get into a lot of DO schools. Potentially your state MD school. Doesn't Hawaii have a heavy IS bias?

Reactions: 1 user
Moved to WAMC.

Please format your post to include the information mentioned in the template below:

Providing more detailed information (including total hours for each activity and a description of your volunteering) allows others to best help you.

I would recommend only Hawaii for MD and the rest as DO schools.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to Hawaii for MD school. For DO schools I suggest these:
TUNCOM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
MU-COM
UIWSOM
ACOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
WVSOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
WCU-COM

Reactions: 1 user
With those stats, you can get into a lot of DO schools. Potentially your state MD school. Doesn't Hawaii have a heavy IS bias?
Yes, since it is a state school, but no guarantee for me so gotta apply broadly and wisely, otherwise, I'll be eating instant ramen for a while.