Plus and minus GPA... which schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southernlady86

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which schools use no plus or minus for GPA calculations?

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, I read ASDAS's website and it said some schools prefer one over the other and was just curious. It kind of doesn't make sense to do that. Some schools I have taken classes at do no plus or minus.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, I read ASDAS's website and it said some schools prefer one over the other and was just curious. It kind of doesn't make sense to do that. Some schools I have taken classes at do no plus or minus.
For most people, both types of gpas are not really that different when calculated. Mine was approx 0.01 difference.

For most people, both types of gpas are not really that different when calculated. Mine was approx 0.01 difference.
Mine was significantly different. Lots of
B+'s...

Reactions: 2 users

I would think that the only difference is if you got a C in a prereq or not right? For example, if a school does not accept C- on a physics class then would they have to retake it since AADSAS calculates both neutral grades and +/-?

I would think that the only difference is if you got a C in a prereq or not right? For example, if a school does not accept C- on a physics class then would they have to retake it since AADSAS calculates both neutral grades and +/-?
Any prereq course with a grade lower than a C needs to be retaken. That is the general rule.

Any prereq course with a grade lower than a C needs to be retaken. That is the general rule.

I see. I guess it is a little different in Texas then since only TMDSAS only reports letter grades and not +/-.

I see. I guess it is a little different in Texas then since only TMDSAS only reports letter grades and not +/-.
Gotcha. Sorry bud, don't know how Texas d-schools will view C- grades and below. You might want to contact them to see.

Gotcha. Sorry bud, don't know how Texas d-schools will view C- grades and below. You might want to contact them to see.

No you are good man! Thanks for clarifying.
In case anyone wants to know, I contacted the dental schools in TX and they said they follow whatever TMDSAS states. Therefore, no +/-.

No you are good man! Thanks for clarifying.
In case anyone wants to know, I contacted the dental schools in TX and they said they follow whatever TMDSAS states. Therefore, no +/-.
I know nothing about Texas or TMDAS. From a prior thread, it looks like UF looks at no plus or minus GPA as well. I have a HUGE difference in my GPA when I recalculated it just letter grades.. it went up .15

Reactions: 1 user
I know nothing about Texas or TMDAS. From a prior thread, it looks like UF looks at no plus or minus GPA as well. I have a HUGE difference in my GPA when I recalculated it just letter grades.. it went up .15

That's great! Is UF OOS friendly?