Pod school curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

podbadger97

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I just had a question about the curriculum in pod school. I'm planning my courses for next year and might take Anatomy and Physiology, which is a really difficult course. I would only take it if it prepares me for pod school. The class focuses basically on the major organ systems. Would this class be helpful, or does the curriculum in pod school focus on the lower limb stuff? I'm just curious and it will help me decide if i should take this hell of a class. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Podiatry school is medical school and in medical school, you take & learn everything.
It's a good idea to take the a&p to familiarize yourself with basic/intro level concepts but it won't help you prepare for pod school.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I just had a question about the curriculum in pod school. I'm planning my courses for next year and might take Anatomy and Physiology, which is a really difficult course. I would only take it if it prepares me for pod school. The class focuses basically on the major organ systems. Would this class be helpful, or does the curriculum in pod school focus on the lower limb stuff? I'm just curious and it will help me decide if i should take this hell of a class. Thanks!!
If you want to take it just because it might help you with anatomy and physiology in med school, then do not take it. I took A&P prior to matriculation and it helped me 0%. It did not help me even with a single question.

If you are working towards acceptance, choose classes that will guarantee you higher GPA. If you are already accepted and just need additional bio courses to meet requirements, even less reasons to take A&P.

Reactions: 1 user
I personally found my anatomy and physiology classes in undergrad very helpful. They obviously aren't as in depth (I would say mine anatomy class covered 60% of what we learned in medical school) as what you will cover but if you have no prior basis on the topics, I would recommend it. Easier to relearn some information over again rather than having to learn it all as new material.

Reactions: 1 users