Post acute-covid 19 syndrome

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It seems like more and more data is coming out about on going symptoms 4 weeks after covid (not just in the U.S.). And even in non-hospitalized people. The cdc has a little info about it now, but apparently they’re coming out with more guidance soon.

Are you all seeing cases? Are you all still not believing this info?

Yea can last for months. I believe it. People who are just fatigued, mild SOB, they feel like their brain is in a fog.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is surprising. Their data definitely seems to be solid, especially in young healthy people. But they mention the severely ill as well.

It is interesting though. I remember during our bad surge, I saw TONs of people with bumped troponins with covid. Usually the semi-healthy HTN/HLD/DM2 types in their 40-50s. It almost always ended up being demand ischemia related per cards after a cath and echo. No actual vessel occlusion or wall motion abnormalities.

So I guess I get how one could suspect myocarditis. I don’t see a ton of demand ischemia in HTN/HLD/DM2 40-50 year olds usually, but I guess most of the illnesses in this population segment don’t cause a huge inflammatory response and a week+ of non-stop tachycardia. It’ll be interesting to see down the line if any cardiac outcomes are eventually linked with covid years later.

Reactions: 1 users
It almost always ended up being demand ischemia related per cards after a cath and echo. No actual vessel occlusion or wall motion abnormalities.
Interesting factoid: You can also bump your troponin transiently after running a 10K, half marathon or marathon, in the absence of heart disease.

Reactions: 1 users
Interesting factoid: You can also bump your troponin transiently after running a 10K, half marathon or marathon, in the absence of heart disease.
Proof that marathons are bad for you. After all, the first guy that ever ran one dropped dead when he was done.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Its been nice knowing you :)

In truth I'm pretty jealous, even when I ran every day I'm not sure I could've done a full marathon.
If you can run a mile, you can run 26.2, if you train yourself to. But there's no need to. It's just one of those crazy things people do.

If you can run a mile, you can run 26.2, if you train yourself to. But there's no need to. It's just one of those crazy things people do.
I alternate between 20 min of swimming, 10 min of stairs, and running 1 mile as my cardio. Just want to maintain a decent level of cardiovascular fitness, but I don't think you need to run 5-10 miles to maintain that.

I alternate between 20 min of swimming, 10 min of stairs, and running 1 mile as my cardio. Just want to maintain a decent level of cardiovascular fitness, but I don't think you need to run 5-10 miles to maintain that.
You're right. You absolutely do not need to run 5-10 miles to maintain CV fitness. I don't run for fitness, though. I run for sport and because I enjoy it. It's also super meditative for me, and calming.

Last edited:
This is surprising. Their data definitely seems to be solid, especially in young healthy people. But they mention the severely ill as well.

It is interesting though. I remember during our bad surge, I saw TONs of people with bumped troponins with covid. Usually the semi-healthy HTN/HLD/DM2 types in their 40-50s. It almost always ended up being demand ischemia related per cards after a cath and echo. No actual vessel occlusion or wall motion abnormalities.

So I guess I get how one could suspect myocarditis. I don’t see a ton of demand ischemia in HTN/HLD/DM2 40-50 year olds usually, but I guess most of the illnesses in this population segment don’t cause a huge inflammatory response and a week+ of non-stop tachycardia. It’ll be interesting to see down the line if any cardiac outcomes are eventually linked with covid years later.
The article title was kind of misleading. It didn't say that COVID didn't cause myocarditis. It just said that it doesn't cause it in excess of other viral causes of myocarditis. I had one definite myocarditis case from COVID that resulted in the death of a young woman (it wasn't a bump in trop, it was a massive spike 100+x the upper limit of normal w/ wall motion abnormalities), and 1 STEMI related to covid (a thrombotic occlusion of a single coronary artery with the remainder of that artery and the other 2 arteries 100% open, the cardiologist had seen one other case during the pandemic). I don't see anything especially abnormal about that given that I've seen a few hundred COVID cases, incidence of all weird funny abnormalities is <<1%). Also seen 2 cases of COVID induced ITP. and only 1 COVID related PE the entire pandemic. Every other case is just standard COVID spectrum.