Practice website designer recs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My husband used Google Sites to build his. It costs $5/year to maintain and you do not need how to program. The domain is another $10. And since it's a Google product it gets prioritized in their search algorithm.

This is one of the things that I think is well worth learning how to do yourself. There are a lot of options like Google sites and Wix to make it easy.

Otherwise you will be forever dependent on someone else to babysit your site.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the above. I use wix. It's pretty easy and it costs me I think about $13 per month. If you don't want your own website name it's free. For my real estate company it's free but I pay for my practice. The payment gets rid of their name in your website address.

As mentioned, you definitely don't want to be beholden to someone every time something needs to be changed.

Are those sites pretty easy to create? Like putting links for payment or patient forms?

I assume they have a bank of free stock images?

Pretty easy? Yes
Links to pt forms? Easy to link to anything
Payments? Easy to link to a payment program but should probably use a different program. You'll also have to document exactly what's being paid for and link it with the correct charges since it's not always straightforward.
Free stock images? Yes

Yeah, technically, linking forms and creating a web presence is easy and cheap. If you want advanced functionality like online payments and self-scheduling, you're adding layers of complexity and maintenance. You are getting into practice mgmt now.

When starting a practice, you should really ask yourself how badly you need these advanced functions. Do you use these functions when you go to the doctor?

I started out with a system that allowed all the above. I wanted to automate as much as possible. Pts could schedule appts and pay for them in advance with a credit card. I think ONE patient booked an eval once and that was it. What I thought would work in my mind was just not practical in the real world. Eventually I took it all down and just had a simple website with a lot of educational info. I made an algorithm for my scheduler with yes/no questions to ask and how to handle the answers.

Reactions: 1 user