Pre-Allo FAQ Series: After the Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have written a draft of my letter of intent, but I am not sure if it's too naive/immature or of it works? I would like a blatant yay or nay so that I nkow whether or not to send it with my status update of officially being a resident in that state.

I am mainly concerned with the conclusion, especially where I talk about my in-state residency. :scared:
Im no expert, I would say Nay

Expand a little on why you think this school will allow you to excel as a physician.

Fix that, and make it not more than a page and i think its good.

Members don't see this ad.

Im no expert, I would say Nay

Expand a little on why you think this school will allow you to excel as a physician.

Fix that, and make it not more than a page and i think its good.

yeah, sorry. I just didn't want to add it on here and have large amounts of people "copy and paste" it. That was what I meant to put in the body, but didn't add it. I figured the beginning and conclusion were what I was worried about. I could never get a damn intro and conclusion to be perfect, no matter how hard I tried.

As I was reading through this thread I had several thoughts in mine and I just wanted to gauge what people think about them.

First, is it true that at all medical schools, that only people interviewed are the only ones that accepted? I know this maybe a stupid question but I just want to put it out there.

Second, would it be appropriate to send updates on my applications, i.e. any additional research, awards such as national honor societies, and new semester grades?

Finally, I was recently waitlisted at Creighton. I sent a letter to the assistant dean of admissions that essentially stated that although I was given an alternate status I still had unwavering enthusiasm to attend the school and looked forward to receiving notification of the opportunity to matriculate to the school. Is this a right thing to do to "politick" myself? From what I have heard, it is better to stay active and in communication with the school rather than say nothing and show no interest.

Thanks again for your discussion thoughts and conversations.

Members don't see this ad :)
As I was reading through this thread I had several thoughts in mine and I just wanted to gauge what people think about them.

First, is it true that at all medical schools, that only people interviewed are the only ones that accepted? I know this maybe a stupid question but I just want to put it out there.

Second, would it be appropriate to send updates on my applications, i.e. any additional research, awards such as national honor societies, and new semester grades?

Finally, I was recently waitlisted at Creighton. I sent a letter to the assistant dean of admissions that essentially stated that although I was given an alternate status I still had unwavering enthusiasm to attend the school and looked forward to receiving notification of the opportunity to matriculate to the school. Is this a right thing to do to "politick" myself? From what I have heard, it is better to stay active and in communication with the school rather than say nothing and show no interest.

Thanks again for your discussion thoughts and conversations.

You're doing everything precisely as you should. Don't be too communicative, though, as that could hinder your chances at matriculation. Definately send updates on what you're doing and how well you're doing in school because that will have an effect.

Good luck:thumbup:

You're doing everything precisely as you should. Don't be too communicative, though, as that could hinder your chances at matriculation. Definately send updates on what you're doing and how well you're doing in school because that will have an effect.

Good luck:thumbup:

Kaustikos,

Thanks for the tips and reassurance. I definitely will keep my hopes up because I believe things will work themselves out in the end. :)

Can anyone point me to information about the May 15th deadline? I keep hearing that May 15 is the deadline for narrowing your acceptances to one, but it appears that this is merely a "recommendation" by AAMC?

So here's my scenario: I have an acceptance from School A but I'm waiting to hear from another school that I might prefer. If I get waitlisted at School B, and May 15th comes around, am I compelled to withdraw from the waitlist of School B? Or can I stay on the waitlist until, say, I'm accepted in June and then withdraw from School A? Just trying to figure out how this really works.

Can anyone point me to information about the May 15th deadline? I keep hearing that May 15 is the deadline for narrowing your acceptances to one, but it appears that this is merely a "recommendation" by AAMC?

So here's my scenario: I have an acceptance from School A but I'm waiting to hear from another school that I might prefer. If I get waitlisted at School B, and May 15th comes around, am I compelled to withdraw from the waitlist of School B? Or can I stay on the waitlist until, say, I'm accepted in June and then withdraw from School A? Just trying to figure out how this really works.

From what I understand, you can hold on to only ONE acceptance after May 15th, but you can be on as many waitlists as you want after May 15th. hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.