Pre-Dental / Single Mom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jinxycat76

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning. I am a single mom applying for Dental School 2009 :eek:. I am reaching out to any other single moms on SDN either in dental school now, or looking to apply. I'd love to get a community started :idea:.

If you're interested or if you're just out there, it'd be great to know if for no other reason than to reassure each other that we aren't alone in this incredibly challenging endeavor.

Members don't see this ad.

Good morning. I am a single mom applying for Dental School 2009 :eek:. I am reaching out to any other single moms on SDN either in dental school now, or looking to apply. I'd love to get a community started :idea:.

If you're interested or if you're just out there, it'd be great to know if for no other reason than to reassure each other that we aren't alone in this incredibly challenging endeavor.

Wish this thread wasn't 6 years old. Bump.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've got nothing but mad respect for all the pre-dent parents out there. Best wishes :)

Reactions: 2 users
I still have two semesters left of prerequisites. I've only been a mom for 2 semesters, not including the summer. Never once took a semester off! And yeah it is hard. But it amazes me that even though it's harder to get study time in, I get better grades than when I didn't have a child and was single. Because all I think about is providing a good life for my son. He's great motivation!

Reactions: 1 users
I still have two semesters left of prerequisites. I've only been a mom for 2 semesters, not including the summer. Never once took a semester off! And yeah it is hard. But it amazes me that even though it's harder to get study time in, I get better grades than when I didn't have a child and was single. Because all I think about is providing a good life for my son. He's great motivation!

Yeah, I've been there and didn't take any semesters off either. I had my daughter the summer after sophomore year and have also finished grad school as a parent. It's hard, but you can do it and you're right - they are very good motivation! Definitely changes your perspective on time management. Keep going!

Reactions: 1 user