Prostho 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got interview at Eastman in Rochester on 9/29. Anybody have any word on LSU, Tennessee, or Georgia Health Science, UCLA, or Iowa???

I applied to the VA's except San Antonio...was a long shot but did my GPR at a VA so figured I may get some sympathy.

Good luck with Eastman! I heard it's an awesome program. Would love to hear your thoughts after you've been there.

Why do you think the VA's are a long shot? You did a VA GPR... doesn't that make you super competitive for the VA programs?

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invite from UCSF, havent chosen a date yet!:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply. I guess I didn't get one. :D Good luck with all your upcoming interviews.

thanks! good luck tomorrow at MD. I am a student there so maybe ill see you walking around in a suite. if i do ill say hi.

btw what school do you attend?

anyone know much about UCSFs program?

I have interviews at Montefiore, New York Hospital Queens, and the VA Manhattan. They're all within the next two weeks, so it'll be crazy!

I have interviews at Montefiore, New York Hospital Queens, and the VA Manhattan. They're all within the next two weeks, so it'll be crazy!

congrats! goodluck!

What's the feeling amongst applicants of desire to attend a residency and total cost of attendance? I see people are applying to all different types of programs both ones that have tuition waivers and those who don't. When you compare programs that have waivers & stipends to those who don't have waivers but a stipend, does that prove to be a factor?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!!How was the interview at the Tufts Dental??General questions or more specific?
Where are you come from??
America ,Canada or Europe?Have you already taken the Toefl exam?

Finally:D, I got first interview from Tufts University (from Junk mail !!!!!!!!)

I am contacting you today on behalf of the Postgraduate Prosthodontics Division of Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. After reviewing your application, you are invited to attend one of our interview sessions. Please contact me as soon as possible to let me know your availability to set up an interview with Dr. Hirayama and other faculty members, as well as give you a tour of our department. Please plan on spending the whole day at Tufts. Below are our scheduled interview dates. Please let me know which one works best for you. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Friday, September 9, 2011
Friday, September 16, 2011
Monday, September 19, 2011
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Please note that 5 interviews will be conducted per day, and spots tend to fill up quickly.

Thank you,

Kelly Barnes
Staff Assistant
Postgraduate (PG) Prosthodontics Division Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
One Kneeland Street, DHS-1242
Boston, MA 02111
Tel: 617-636-6591
Fax: 617-636-0469
[email protected]

Can you tell me if anybody got the same email???????????

Hi jaybaldino,

I will see you at Tufts:D
Is your interview in September 9,2011?

Do you have any idea about wax carving at the end of interview?
Which tooth? Do we need to remember the exact dimension of each tooth?
What they actually ask about in the interview?
Are they inviting too many reapplicants for the interview?

Anybody have any input.

I am a little bit nervous because it is the first interview for me.

Hello!!How was the interview at the Tufts Dental??General questions or more specific?
:)

:)

Hello

It was pretty good but it was very long.

it started from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm

interview:General questions, why prostho? why Tufts? what did you do in undergraduate? what do you know about Tufts prostho program? where did you apply to other than tufts?

There were no scientific questions.

Then, we did a tour around clinics.

Finally, there was wax block carving test.

I am from Middle east.

I just finished Toefl and NBDE 1.

What about you?
Where are you from?
Where did you apply?
Did you hear any thing from any program?

Hello

interview:General questions, why prostho? why Tufts? what did you do in undergraduate? what do you know about Tufts prostho program? where did you apply to other than tufts?

I am from Middle east.

What about you?
Where are you from?
Where did you apply?

Hello!!Thank you for your answer.I come from Canada and i have already applied for the Columbia Prostho Program.
But i have not received an e-mail for interview invitation yet.But they told me that all of the interviews have not yet send.
Middle East ??What do you mean??Which country?Which is your Toefl Score?I have not taken Toefl because i have attended a Canadian Dental School.
At Tufts Dental,all the interviews invitations have been sent??Do you Know??
Good luck for your admission.

Hello

I am from Middle east.

What about you?
Where are you from?
Where did you apply?

Hi Prosthodontics
Congratz for the call n interview man. Can you please tell me what was the wax exercise...i mean were you made to carve tooth n root out of a wax block or was it that you have to make a tooth by adding wax drop by drop??
ALL D BEST N THANKS

Hello!!Thank you for your answer.I come from Canada and i have already applied for the Columbia Prostho Program.
But i have not received an e-mail for interview invitation yet.But they told me that all of the interviews have not yet send.
Middle East ??What do you mean??Which country?Which is your Toefl Score?I have not taken Toefl because i have attended a Canadian Dental School.
At Tufts Dental,all the interviews invitations have been sent??Do you Know??
Good luck for your admission.

Hi,

Middle East: Arabic Countries in Asia, Egypt and Turkey.:D
I am from Saudi Arabia.

My TOEFL Score is 97

I think they have already sent all invitations but I am not sure.

Good lock for you too:)

Hi Prosthodontics
Congratz for the call n interview man. Can you please tell me what was the wax exercise...i mean were you made to carve tooth n root out of a wax block or was it that you have to make a tooth by adding wax drop by drop??
ALL D BEST N THANKS

Thank you.

It was wax carving for maxillary first molar (crown only without root)

they will give you a plastic tooth model and they ask you to carve the wax block.

It is dry carving (no heat).

They said at the end of the exercise they will not make a judgement on that exercise:rolleyes:
I don't know why they ask us to do it it they will not evaluate it.

Good Luck

Thank you.

It was wax carving for maxillary first molar (crown only without root)

they will give you a plastic tooth model and they ask you to carve the wax block.

It is dry carving (no heat).

They said at the end of the exercise they will not make a judgement on that exercise:rolleyes:
I don't know why they ask us to do it it they will not evaluate it.

Good Luck

Wow!!! why would they make any1 do the wax carving if they wouldn't evaluate it.....:rolleyes: and why did they give a plastic tooth model??
But anyways thanks for the reply :)

Wow!!! why would they make any1 do the wax carving if they wouldn't evaluate it.....:rolleyes: and why did they give a plastic tooth model??
But anyways thanks for the reply :)

I don't know why.

They give you the plastic tooth because they want you to simulate that tooth in carving. They want you to carve the wax block with same anatomical features in the plastic tooth.

When your interview will be?

u r welcome.

I don't know why.

They give you the plastic tooth because they want you to simulate that tooth in carving. They want you to carve the wax block with same anatomical features in the plastic tooth.

When your interview will be?

u r welcome.

Thanks man....i picked up 28th for interview...lets c :)

hey has anybody received any interview calls from Alabama, BU, Harvard, Michigan, Tennessee, UMDNJ or NYU??? Just wondering whether they have send out any interview invites or not.
Thanks

Thanks man....i picked up 28th for interview...lets c :)
Congratulations for your interview on 28th!!!!:laugh:When did you receive the e-mail for the invitation for interview?At the end of August???\
Good luck!!!

interview invite from VA Washington DC :thumbup:

thanks guys :) ... i got it in 1st week of sept...i guess 1st or 2nd by email.

Hey GatorDDS, do you have any idea whether MD has send all the interviews??

hey has anybody received any interview calls from Alabama, BU, Harvard, Michigan, Tennessee, UMDNJ or NYU??? Just wondering whether they have send out any interview invites or not.
Thanks

I only had the mail from UAB , they told me that they received the application materials and my application was complete , that's all....

thanks guys :) ... i got it in 1st week of sept...i guess 1st or 2nd by email.

Hey GatorDDS, do you have any idea whether MD has send all the interviews??

not sure if dr. driscol has actually sent out all the invites but i do know he will be interviewing till the end of september

AWESOME! good luck at that one!

Curious - are you applying straight out of school? Or have you been out a couple years?

Straight out of school. Do you know much about that program?

Straight out of school. Do you know much about that program?

Just that it's fairly new and last I heard takes only one resident. I also think it's the only specialty program at that hospital along with a gpr.

Of course, the VA programs are supposed to be the best - at least because patients don't have to pay for their treatment. No worries about having your 70k treatment plan refused for expense reasons. More experiences for the resident!

Good luck! I'd be interested in hearing your opinions after you get back... I'll be applying next year.

Anyone that has received a rejection letter from Tufts Dental for the Prostho Program???
Do they send negative decisions via e-mail??:(

Hi jaybaldino,

I will see you at Tufts:D
Is your interview in September 9,2011?

Do you have any idea about wax carving at the end of interview?
Which tooth? Do we need to remember the exact dimension of each tooth?
What they actually ask about in the interview?
Are they inviting too many reapplicants for the interview?

Anybody have any input.

I am a little bit nervous because it is the first interview for me.
Hey guys wat scores do you have in part 1 i wanna see can i eligeble for this or not?

Hey guys wat scores do you have in part 1 i wanna see can i eligeble for this or not?

Hi,

In fact, I did not send my NBDE 1 for Tufts because it is not a requirement for international applicants.

waitlisted UCSF :(:oops:

people accepted have 1 week. i will be getting a call next thursday saying if someone gave up a spot or if they all accepted their positions

Hi:)

Do you know anything about the interviews there?

Good luck

Good luck to you as well~

In fact, this is my first interview, so I'm really nervous now...>_<
I dont know any thing about the interview there , sorry....

Hi,

In fact, I did not send my NBDE 1 for Tufts because it is not a requirement for international applicants.
Thank you so much prosthodontic for your reply plz let me know is any university admission is still open??can i apply this time God bless you

Thank you so much prosthodontic for your reply plz let me know is any university admission is still open??can i apply this time God bless you

You can check out the PASS search engine for prosthodontics programs
or the information from ACP website.

the deadline of some of the programs lies in late Sep or early Oct , good luck~

As I know, Buffalo deadline is in October.
USC deadline is in January 2012.

u r welcome

interview invite UAB