Pulmonary/Critical Care 2012-2013 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
List of interview mentioned so far:

Brigham
BU
Cleveland
Columbia
Emory
North Carolina
Ohio State
Rochester
Texas Southwestern
Vandy
Vermont
Virginia
Winthrop
Yale
Montefiore Bronx
Einstein Philly

Members don't see this ad.

Seriously. You all know how to use the copy and paste functions on your computers. gutonc was helping with ANONYMOUS additions. If you've got one, then copy the list and then paste it add your new programs to the list

No good or bad news yet which I guess means good news?!? All my sites have dloaded my application at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many of you guys don't have interview yet ??i don't have any interview ... Got 1 rejection so far ..I am the only one without any interview or is there someone in my boat .the interview call list posted in this forum is already so big

How many of you guys don't have interview yet ??i don't have any interview ... Got 1 rejection so far ..I am the only one without any interview or is there someone in my boat .the interview call list posted in this forum is already so big

No interviews or rejections.

Add University of Colorado to my list . . . so far interviews at Colorado, UNC, Emory, UTSW. Also updated overall list below . . .

List of interview mentioned so far:

Brigham
BU
Cleveland
Colorado
Columbia
Emory
North Carolina
Ohio State
Rochester
Texas Southwestern
Vandy
Vermont
Virginia
Winthrop
Yale
Montefiore Bronx
Einstein Philly

Add University of Colorado to my list . . . so far interviews at Colorado, UNC, Emory,

Many many Congrats !!!
Would you mind sharing your credentials??Just trying to find want type of credentials they are looking for interview .

I applied to 30 programs, no interviews or rejections yet. Good luck to all!

1 rejection from MUSC, 1 interview from Texas Tech

I got a email correspondence about application to be considered
by the interview committee from U Wash.

Can you bench press 315 pounds?

I am having a good day today -> also add UCLA, Duke, and University of Arizona to the list . . . Unfortunately, I also just put my back out bench pressing about an eighth of that weight.

Arizona
Brigham
BU
Cleveland
Colorado
Columbia
Duke
Emory
North Carolina
Ohio State
Rochester
Texas Southwestern
UCLA
Vandy
Vermont
Virginia
Winthrop
Yale
Montefiore Bronx
Einstein Philly

Members don't see this ad :)
Similar notifications from U Michigan and UW.

FYI - applied late (? TOO LATE!!) - yesterday.
Fingers crossed :)
Seems like quite a few calls have been sent out already.

Interview from UTMB
I would appreciate any feedback about this institute.
Thank you

So far Tufts, Maryland, Yale for me. Harvard rejection. 17 left to hear from. A few haven't even downloaded yet.

Arizona
Brigham
BU
Cleveland
Colorado
Columbia
Duke
Emory
Maryland
North Carolina
Ohio State
Rochester
Texas Southwestern
Tufts
UCLA
Vandy
Vermont
Virginia
Winthrop
Yale
Montefiore Bronx
Einstein Philly

i wonder what it means when u arent rejected but yet other people have interviews from the program in question?

so far cleveland/winthrop/pitt/albert einstein

sorry to intrude in, I am a practising anesthesiologist and I am looking for any pulmonology fellowship programs accepting anesthesiologist. I know it is an internal medicine subspeciality. But any programs either here or in canada accepting anesthesiologist for pulmonology fellowships. Your answer in this regard is highly appreciable.

sorry to intrude in, I am a practising anesthesiologist and I am looking for any pulmonology fellowship programs accepting anesthesiologist. I know it is an internal medicine subspeciality. But any programs either here or in canada accepting anesthesiologist for pulmonology fellowships. Your answer in this regard is highly appreciable.

No. They do not accept anesthesiologists.

Received interviews invitations from Henry Ford, U of Arizona, and Texam A&M and Virginia so far. Still no rejections. Still waiting.

Arizona
Brigham
BU
Cleveland
Colorado
Columbia
Duke
Emory
Henry Ford
Maryland
North Carolina
Ohio State
Rochester
Texas Southwestern
Texas A&M
Tufts
UCLA
Vandy
Vermont
Virginia
Winthrop
Yale
Montefiore Bronx
Einstein Philly[/QUOTE]

Yeah Michigan definitely needs to be on the top list somewhere.

I'm not personally impressed by UofChicago or the NWern program. They carry a certain "name brand" from the reputation of their Medicine departments but neither are anything to write home about IMHO.

I'll await the hate mail.

EDIT: I should clarify: I do NOT think UC and NWern "suck" as programs, I just don't think they are stand out. They are fine programs with good training.

I think you are also forgetting Mayo Clinic, MN and Cleveland Clinic, OH Programs.

Which reminds me, has anyone heard from Mayo Rochester yet?

Anyone have any information about Henry Ford and U of Virginia? Quality of the training, etc.?

Adding Mayo, rochester

Arizona
Brigham
BU
Cleveland
Colorado
Columbia
Duke
Emory
Maryland
North Carolina
Ohio State
Rochester
Texas Southwestern
Tufts
UCLA
Vandy
Vermont
Virginia
Winthrop
Yale
Montefiore Bronx
Einstein Philly
Mayo, rochester

Albert Einstein (Philly)
Arizona
Brigham
BU
Cleveland
Colorado
Columbia
Duke
Emory
Maryland
Mayo (Rochester)
Montefiore (Bronx)
North Carolina
Ohio State
Rochester
Texas Southwestern
Tufts
UCLA
Utah
Vandy
Vermont
Virginia
Winthrop
Yale

Did anyone anything about Temple? I'm an american grad and they haven't even uploaded my information. Somewhat surprising.

Nothing for the last two weeks, even no rejection. Do most programs even bother to send out rejection?

Nothing for the last two weeks, even no rejection. Do most programs even bother to send out rejection?

I am wondering about it myself. I have not heard anything from most programs. I would rather see response than silence. At least I can apply to other programs.

I am wondering about it myself. I have not heard anything from most programs. I would rather see response than silence. At least I can apply to other programs.
very frustrating....we need to hear soon from them...

Just heard from Georgetown, add them to interview invite list. My list: Georgetown, UCLA, Colorado, UNC, Duke, Emory, UTSW, ArizonaForum Overall list:Albert Einstein (Philly)ArizonaBrighamBUClevelandColoradoColumbiaDukeEmoryGeorgetownMarylandMayo (Rochester)Montefiore (Bronx)North CarolinaOhio StateRochesterTexas SouthwesternTuftsUCLAUtahVandyVermontVirginiaWinthropYale

I have no interview till date.Is there anyone on this forum with no interview .The interview list posted is so long and I can't believe I dont have any interviews .Is there anyone like ME???

Last edited:
Did anybody else apply to Cedars-Sinai? They still never uploaded application materials. Do they still have a program?

I have no interview till date.Is there anyone on this forum with no interview .The interview list posted is so long and I can't believe I dont have any interviews .Is there anyone like ME???

in the same boat...

in the same boat...
I wonder if the programs are just very busy and simply cannot get our application yet or they are currently offering interviews to the most competitive candidates and leave us on the "maybe" file. My last name is at the end of the alphabet. Can those that already received interview comment?

Did anybody else apply to Cedars-Sinai? They still never uploaded application materials. Do they still have a program?
I just e-mailed Cedars Sinai. They will begin downloading the applications this week. What about Mount Sinai in New York? Have they downloaded the applications yet.

I got one from UCSF, but note the invitation arrived by snail mail with no email contact

Albert Einstein (Philly)
Arizona
Brigham
BU
Cleveland
Colorado
Columbia
Duke
Emory
Georgetown
Maryland
Mayo (Rochester)
Montefiore (Bronx)
North Carolina
Ohio State
Rochester
Texas Southwestern
Tufts
UCLA
UCSF
Utah
Vandy
Vermont
Virginia
Winthrop
Yale

Not really. Just apply broadly. Very broadly. Some programs are close to filling up their interview spots - so you may be on a waitlist. Others have not sent out even their first set of interviews.

I got one from UCSF, but note the invitation arrived by snail mail with no email contact

Albert Einstein (Philly)
Arizona
Brigham
BU
Cleveland
Colorado
Columbia
Duke
Emory
Georgetown
Maryland
Mayo (Rochester)