Question about SLORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fzwarrior

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm doing 2 EM rotations, 1 ACGME and 1 AOA. If I get a SLOR from the MD program and an LOR from the DO program, will that be enough? I'm assuming DO programs don't fill out SLORs?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm doing 2 EM rotations, 1 ACGME and 1 AOA. If I get a SLOR from the MD program and an LOR from the DO program, will that be enough? I'm assuming DO programs don't fill out SLORs?

The DO program can fill out the SLOE, but it won't carry the same weight as an ACGME program just because the ACGME PDs know one another better. Definitely get one but if it were me, I'd skip either the MD or DO and go all in on one match (as a 4th yr DO student). I would ask the ACGME programs you're interested in if they'd accept a AOA SLOE - I'm sure they'll be fine with it.

I don't know much about DO match, but the DO SLOR won't help you as much if you're applying for an MD-residency.

Reactions: 1 user
by 'as much' i mean 'at all'. Unless you really don't have two other good letter writers.

Reactions: 1 user