RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Almost everyone feels like they "legit failed" so I doubt most of you did.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I take the test on Wednesday. Practice test scored me at 88% with a score of 612-662. Force myself to the 80% mark on Vetprep, just in case. Finishing up the power pages and going through a few power lectures as needed. Not too hyped up about the test, which is not like me at all. I've actually been enjoying my vacation block with my SO. That might change by Tuesday, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I take the test on Wednesday. Practice test scored me at 88% with a score of 612-662. Force myself to the 80% mark on Vetprep, just in case. Finishing up the power pages and going through a few power lectures as needed. Not too hyped up about the test, which is not like me at all. I've actually been enjoying my vacation block with my SO. That might change by Tuesday, though.

Damn, my predicted score was definitely not that high.... it was definitely above the minimum passing, but not anything like that...

I only took one test, which was form 1. Didn't want to pay anymore $$ for more tests.

Well, I'm at least projected to pass...here's hoping that holds true. Trying to see if I can convince my mom to pay for an additional test to take tomorrow cause of this whole costing $50 thing.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't even remember if I was predicted for whatever. I didn't pay for any of the extra tests.

Y'all take a chill pill. There's nothing to do until like mid January, and I bet you all passed anyway.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, I only took 1 test too.... but still nothing that high... like over 100 points below that. :laugh:
I probably took the easiest form:)

Real rant- my effing back hurts and I've vomited a few times today...even after taking ondansetron.

Gunner. :whistle:

Reactions: 1 users
The rule of thumb that people kept telling me was that the ones who failed *didn't* have that "omg I totally failed" feeling. Probably just folklore, but....... I know *I* was positive I failed, and I did ok.

It will be fine. Odds are extremely high all of you passed. And if not, you know what you need to do for the retake. But I doubt anyone here will be taking the retake.

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys are totally psyching me out because I felt OK about it leaving... totally going to fail.
Nah, you're just a normal, self confident person. Which is pretty abnormal for a vet student.

I totally ate it on my parents' stairs this morning. I slipped on the top step and luged the entire flight, using my tailbone. I then sat in the car driving back to school for 6 hours, so painful :arghh: I had to laugh though, my mom screamed bloody murder. She was having flashbacks to the time I broke my foot in high school on those stairs :laugh:

I totally ate it on my parents' stairs this morning. I slipped on the top step and luged the entire flight, using my tailbone. I then sat in the car driving back to school for 6 hours, so painful :arghh: I had to laugh though, my mom screamed bloody murder. She was having flashbacks to the time I broke my foot in high school on those stairs :laugh:
Sounds like the stairs are cursed

You guys are totally psyching me out because I felt OK about it leaving... totally going to fail.
I felt okay, in that I thought I failed, but people kept telling me if you thought you failed, you probably did fine, so I thought I probably did fine. (Did that make sense? I'm really tired and have a headache...)

Rant directed at my own behavior: I need to just walk normally on the ankle I broke over the summer. It hurts less to do that than the weird limp and twist thing I've been catching myself doing lately. As I learned with my broken arm a few years ago, altering my movements and guarding my injured limb just hinders the healing process and creates different problems.

The other day at work, I witnessed something involving a coworker. Others noticed it, too, and we were all quietly trying to figure out what was going on and what to do about it. This coworker didn't do anything to harm a pet or say anything to a client or do anything inappropriate regarding meds or stock. But they violated a hospital policy, a big one that exists in practically every workplace, and her actions could easily result in a person or pet getting hurt. I had suspected this before but never said anything because it's a very serious accusation to make, but others have noticed it on other occasions, too. During my last shift, though, it was really obvious, and I feel like since all of us have noticed and since it's not just me imagining things, that management has to be notified immediately. I know it's the right thing to do and I want to do it as quietly as possible to avoid creating drama, though that'll likely happen anyway since they'll need to talk to other people to verify what I'm telling them. But I'm still dreading it. :(

The other day at work, I witnessed something involving a coworker. Others noticed it, too, and we were all quietly trying to figure out what was going on and what to do about it. This coworker didn't do anything to harm a pet or say anything to a client or do anything inappropriate regarding meds or stock. But they violated a hospital policy, a big one that exists in practically every workplace, and her actions could easily result in a person or pet getting hurt. I had suspected this before but never said anything because it's a very serious accusation to make, but others have noticed it on other occasions, too. During my last shift, though, it was really obvious, and I feel like since all of us have noticed and since it's not just me imagining things, that management has to be notified immediately. I know it's the right thing to do and I want to do it as quietly as possible to avoid creating drama, though that'll likely happen anyway since they'll need to talk to other people to verify what I'm telling them. But I'm still dreading it. :(

Now I'm racking my brain trying to think of what this person could have done.

Was told I'd have an answer about getting a grade changed from an incomplete to my actual letter grade by last Thursday. Still don't have an answer/grade change despite follow up emails and my request to the school for my transcripts for match isdue in 20 minutes. Now I'm going to have to pay to have my transcripts sent and I still don't even know when the grade is going to be changed to know if it's enough time to get things mailed.

Writing an essay over this for my organic evolution class. The entire thing is my rant. Just.... wtf.

A message from the Alabama State Board of Education - to be pasted in all biology text books

This textbook discusses evolution, a controversial theory some scientists present as a scientific explanation for the origin of living things, such as plants, animals and humans.

No one was present when life first appeared on earth. Therefore, any statement about life's origins should be considered as theory, not fact.

The word "evolution" may refer to many types of change. Evolution describes changes that occur within a species. (White moths, for example, may "evolve" into gray moths.) This process is microevolution, which can be observed and described as fact. Evolution may also refer to the change of one living thing to another, such as reptiles into birds. This process, called macroevolution, has never been observed and should be considered a theory. Evolution also refers to the unproven belief that random, undirected forces produced a world of living things.

There are many unanswered questions about the origin of life which are not mentioned in your textbooks, including:
  • Why did the major groups of animals suddenly appear in the fossil record (known as the Cambrian Explosion)?
  • Why have no new major groups of living things appeared in the fossil record in a long time?
  • Why do major groups of plants and animals have no transitional forms in the fossil record?
  • How did you and all living things come to possess such a complete and complex set of "instructions" for building a living body?
Study hard and keep an open mind. Someday you may contribute to the theories of how living things appeared on earth.

Why do major groups of plants and animals have no transitional forms in the fossil record?

Uh, haven't they heard of Archeopteryx? Just sayin'.

Because Jesus. Now repent, you heathen.

Nah. If my grandma couldn't make me renounce my agnostic ways, I don't think the internet will either.

She legit called me a heathen though. Lol

Omg... my jaw hit the floor when I saw her picture. That is so, so sad.
Whoops. You're talking to nobody now, person deleted their post so I deleted mine. :p

Yeah I was blind-sided by the picture. I thought it'd be some maybe a bit skinny older dog, not one straight out of an animal cruelty ad.

I'm thinking adult recreational activities.

Yeah, basically. Completely reckless. This isn't the first person I've worked with to do something like this. It just baffles me. I know some people may have a problem to the extent that they can't help themselves, and though that doesn't excuse them, you can at least understand how they got to that point. But for the rest, how stupid can you freaking be? Sooner or later, you're going to get caught.

long weekend of sad cases and stressful ER followed by some not so awesome news today. sigh. though i think it will work best in the long run, its still disappointing.

My boyfriend's cat got spayed today. I woke up to this question: "Why can animals eat before surgery, but humans can't?"
I LITERALLY TOLD YOU TO PULL FOOD THE NIGHT BEFORE. FLAT OUT EXPLAINED THIS TO YOU. YOU CONFIRMED YOU UNDERSTOOD. :bang: Starting to get pretty fed up with hearing "Wow, I don't remember you saying x at all." or "You never told me/said that."

And my mom casually texted me to tell me that my grandpa had a heart attack and is in the hospital. NBD. Apparently he had it 4-5 days ago when he was complaining about being uncomfortable (I said to take him in but no one takes me seriously because what do I know, I'm the village idiot in my family). He called 911 himself this morning. The doctors are debating on changing his meds or placing a stent. I still don't think this will convince him to live in assisted living...

Well, I'm joining you guys in the feeling like I failed group, so hopefully all goes well. I hit a wall in the 5th section though...couldn't focus very well after that despite taking breaks.

Disorganized professors. Im leaving it at that.

I hate it when people complain to me about being vet school (the course load, the money, the no time for friends, etc) when they know that I have tried twice and didn't get it. I would sell a kidney or give most of my liver away, or sacrifice whatever was asked to have the same problem they do. And when I offhandedly mention this they either still complain or tell me I'm lucky I didn't get in and have to put up with what they are enduring. It really causes my blood to boil!!!!

:mad:
That would really piss me off. How selfish and rude. I would tell them to drop out and you take their spot :)

She doesn't need to do that, she's set to graduate with her DVM this spring!

P.S. Congrats @Jamr0ckin !

Hehe. That did bother me so much. Looking back, I understand the complaining, but I would never be so insensitive to someone who was trying to get in.

Thanks for the congrats... It's been a LONG road coming, but the journey is so with the destination.

Hehe. That did bother me so much. Looking back, I understand the complaining, but I would never be so insensitive to someone who was trying to get in.

Thanks for the congrats... It's been a LONG road coming, but the journey is so with the destination.
As a 4 time applicant, I get it! I'm only in first year, but I complain, mostly to other students though. When anyone else asks me about school my response is typically "it's intense".

As a 4 time applicant, I get it! I'm only in first year, but I complain, mostly to other students though. When anyone else asks me about school my response is typically "it's intense".
P.S. As hard as it is, I feel so proud and privileged to be where I am, because in 3 1/2 years, I'll have the very best job in the world! Thankless and under appreciated, but so satisfying for my soul.

P.S. As hard as it is, I feel so proud and privileged to be where I am, because in 3 1/2 years, I'll have the very best job in the world! Thankless and under appreciated, but so satisfying for my soul.
Was the gonna say anything, but...it's not thankless. I get thanked every day and the good clients far outnumber the bad. The real issues are financial, compassion fatigue, and not getting to do what you would want like in every situation. Like a hbc that has fluid in the abdomen and the owner can barely afford pain meds and rads but don't want to euthanize. So I hope that every vet is soul-satisfied. But many are not

Reactions: 4 users
someone literally said this on FB "Their egos aren't so inflated that they think they know more than another person just because they have a degree." Um...having a degree typically means you have more of a specialized knowledge than others that don't. THAT'S WHAT IT MEANS.

:boom:

Reactions: 9 users
someone literally said this on FB "Their egos aren't so inflated that they think they know more than another person just because they have a degree." Um...having a degree typically means you have more of a specialized knowledge than others that don't. THAT'S WHAT IT MEANS.

:boom:

Oh sure. Whatever. I suppose you're going to try and pretend you know more about Florida than me just because you LIVE THERE. Gawd. You're so arrogant and egotistical.

Reactions: 4 users