RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Trivial rant, but when I go to order an 8 piece jalapeno bites and I'm given four jalapeno bites, one of which is just deep fried cream cheese with no jalapeno, I'm going to be upset. When it's from the drive thru at night and I can't accurately check the whole bag of multiple people's food to ensure accuracy, I'm even more upset.

I paid $4.50 for three jalapeno bites and a deep fried piece of ****ing cream cheese. Rawr. Rawr. Rawr.

(I sent a note to corporate because this wasn't the first time this location screwed up my orders and gave me less food than what I paid for.)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Trivial rant, but when I go to order an 8 piece jalapeno bites and I'm given four jalapeno bites, one of which is just deep fried cream cheese with no jalapeno, I'm going to be upset. When it's from the drive thru at night and I can't accurately check the whole bag of multiple people's food to ensure accuracy, I'm even more upset.

I paid $4.50 for three jalapeno bites and a deep fried piece of ****ing cream cheese. Rawr. Rawr. Rawr.

(I sent a note to corporate because this wasn't the first time this location screwed up my orders and gave me less food than what I paid for.)

I'll eat the cream cheese bites. Those sound sooooo good to me lol

Reactions: 1 users
I'll eat the cream cheese bites. Those sound sooooo good to me lol

It wasn't bad, but it definitely wasn't what I wanted. It was also strangely shaped and I kept thinking, "What the hell is this? It is like an onion petal? Is it a weird looking fry bit? Should I dissect it first?"

Members don't see this ad :)

That's messed up! Also...jalapeño bites=jalapeño poppers, right?

I've had nightmares about school ever since graduation. Last night was different though. I had a dream that my MALE guinea pig was pregnant and was having a dystocia. I brought him to the clinic where I did my exotics externship for treatment. While I was on the way to the clinic, my guinea pig turned into a ferret. He was screaming and writhing in pain. By the time I got him to the clinic, he was a fox. The veterinarian was like "this ferret is actually a fox." And then I was like "BUT HE HAS A TATTOO IN HIS EAR FROM MARSHALL FARMS, HE'S A FERRET!"

Woke up and checked on my guinea pig. He was sleeping, manly guinea parts and all. Maybe a little overweight, but not pregnant.

Reactions: 3 users
I've had nightmares about school ever since graduation. Last night was different though. I had a dream that my MALE guinea pig was pregnant and was having a dystocia. I brought him to the clinic where I did my exotics externship for treatment. While I was on the way to the clinic, my guinea pig turned into a ferret. He was screaming and writhing in pain. By the time I got him to the clinic, he was a fox. The veterinarian was like "this ferret is actually a fox." And then I was like "BUT HE HAS A TATTOO IN HIS EAR FROM MARSHALL FARMS, HE'S A FERRET!"

Woke up and checked on my guinea pig. He was sleeping, manly guinea parts and all. Maybe a little overweight, but not pregnant.

I'm sorry, but this is just hilarious.

Hope the crazy nightmares go away soon.

Minor rant:
VMCAS Application still not allowing me to copy over my data from last cycle...called the help desk again, she had no idea why (go figure) so she is sending an email to their IT help desk to solve the issue...going to be another 3-5 days for a response! So maybe in another month I'll be able to get into my application to start it. :mad::mad::mad:

I am so tired of diagnosing liver and spleen badness. I jokingly told my boss I need to take a break from palpating abdomens at wellness visits because that's when I find most badness..

I've done more splenectomies in the past ten days than I have in two years.
Now it's a Thursday night and I'm sitting at home worrying about the case I shipped off to the referral center for emergency hemoabdomen surgery. Came in for a snap test because the owner thought lethargy = Lyme disease. Yeah, nope.

I am so tired of diagnosing liver and spleen badness. I jokingly told my boss I need to take a break from palpating abdomens at wellness visits because that's when I find most badness..

I've done more splenectomies in the past ten days than I have in two years.
Now it's a Thursday night and I'm sitting at home worrying about the case I shipped off to the referral center for emergency hemoabdomen surgery. Came in for a snap test because the owner thought lethargy = Lyme disease. Yeah, nope.

Call the referral and ask how it went! I get calls all the time from rdvms wanting to know how their patient did. As long as they keep it brief, I totally don't mind. I get it.

Call the referral and ask how it went! I get calls all the time from rdvms wanting to know how their patient did. As long as they keep it brief, I totally don't mind. I get it.

I only sent it an hour ago. I'm mostly just impatient :) they are super awesome about sending us info as soon as they have anything.

Referral is attempting to stabilize overnight before surgery hopefully tomorrow. Blood work not as scary as I expected it to be. Patient still walking/eating though definitely not his usual bouncy self. They want to try to wait for ultrasound to rule out mets- I didn't see any on my brief look around at initial presentation (chest rads clear when I took them!) so fingers crossed. Their estimate is a bit more than the ballpark I told owners so hopefully that doesn't change things too much from the owners perspective.

Referral is attempting to stabilize overnight before surgery hopefully tomorrow. Blood work not as scary as I expected it to be. Patient still walking/eating though definitely not his usual bouncy self. They want to try to wait for ultrasound to rule out mets- I didn't see any on my brief look around at initial presentation (chest rads clear when I took them!) so fingers crossed. Their estimate is a bit more than the ballpark I told owners so hopefully that doesn't change things too much from the owners perspective.

See? Walking is good. I follow the eating/drinking/pooping/peeing philosophy of medicine - if they are doing all four of them, they can wait until tomorrow. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm already sucking at this incoming vet student thing. I forgot to register for both summer and fall and just did fall initially, for starters. And then I got a nice reminder from financial aid today that they didn't have my previous year's FAFSA, and they needed it if they were going to disperse my loans next month when classes start since I'd technically be a second term summer student. So I just went in to tweak it... Removed my undergrad, added my new school, changed everything from Bachelor's student to grad/professional... And would you know not even halfway through the dang thing crashes :mad:

Why is it, when life seems to be going really good, something has to charge in and knock it all over? School was going good, I was starting to get into a great routine again, but then I came home today to a phone call from a hospital saying my parents was hit head-on by a fuel truck and my entire world fell apart just like that. They are in the ICU for who knows how long... I'm hoping morning will come, their surgeries will go well, and that they will be okay....

Why is it, when life seems to be going really good, something has to charge in and knock it all over? School was going good, I was starting to get into a great routine again, but then I came home today to a phone call from a hospital saying my parents was hit head-on by a fuel truck and my entire world fell apart just like that. They are in the ICU for who knows how long... I'm hoping morning will come, their surgeries will go well, and that they will be okay....

Keeping them and you in my thoughts. Hope everything goes well.

That is just awful. Really hoping they recover quick :(

I'm so sorry. I hope everything goes perfectly.

I'm so sorry Ash. Praying for your family :(

So sorry to hear. Wishing you and your family the best.

Oh my God. I hope they recover quickly. FWIW, I'm sending good energy your way.

Oh wow, I'm thinking of you and your family. I hope their surgeries go well.

Holy ****, I'm so very sorry. Good vibes your way.

I am so sorry Ash, keeping them in my prayers

@Ashgirl I'm so sorry. Will keep you and your folks in our thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if you need anything. ❤️

So so sorry. Will keep your family in my thoughts.

So sorry to hear this, fingers crossed that everything works out, you'll be in my thoughts.

Wow. I'll keep your family in my prayers and hope their surgeries go well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Now that I've graduated, my mom thinks that I can magically present her with free heartworm preventative without a yearly heartworm test! :bang:

So sorry Ash. Hoping everything is okay :(..

So. I have an ex that has recently been tried and convicted of molesting his little sister for years. (Which makes me feel disgusting and horribly guilty for not knowing and therefore "allowing" it to continue, but that's a whole other conversation). I don't even live in the area anymore but a friend sent me the article about his arrest last fall. In the last week his mom has sent me multiple texts asking for my address to "send me info". That she and him would appreciate it. I haven't responded at all and I'm not sure if that's the best course of action. I'm wracked with guilt over the whole thing but would rather not have any part of it...

Last edited:
So. I have an ex that has recently been tried and convicted of molesting his little sister for years. (Which makes me feel disgusting and horribly guilty for not knowing and therefore "allowing" it to continue, but that's a while other conversation). I don't even live in the area anymore but a friend sent me the article about his arrest last fall. In the last week his mom has sent me multiple texts asking for my address to "send me info". That she and him would appreciate it. I haven't responded at all and I'm not sure if that's the best course of action. I'm wracked with guilt over the whole thing but would rather not have any part of it...

What the hell sort of 'info' would you need?

So as many on this board know my mother lost her job back in March. And while she found a new job pretty quickly, it's not paying near enough. Since I moved back in temporarily we are all having to move to a smaller home since she can no longer afford rent. Well, we have a new house and we were planning to move next Friday. The owner of our current house just came banging on the door telling his we had better be out by this Sunday Or he would be suing us? Actually, he may sue us anyways? For what I have no clue. Anyways, pandemonium has ensued.

Well, I want to know! But I also don't want to open any lines of communication...

Nope nope nope. He was already an ex. Now he should be a REALLY ex ex. If you respond at all, I'd make it a "I am not interested in any information. Please stop contacting me" type of message.

Reactions: 7 users
Well, I want to know! But I also don't want to open any lines of communication...

That's weird. Has he been sentenced yet? Is he appealing the ruling?

My initial thought was maybe they're looking for friends and past girlfriends to speak on his behalf so he'll get a more lenient sentence or new witnesses for a potential retrial.

The owner of our current house just came banging on the door telling his we had better be out by this Sunday Or he would be suing us? Actually, he may sue us anyways? For what I have no clue. Anyways, pandemonium has ensued.

Are you still occupying the house within the legal terms of the lease? That's important to know. If you are, he can't force you out without getting into trouble of his own.

So as many on this board know my mother lost her job back in March. And while she found a new job pretty quickly, it's not paying near enough. Since I moved back in temporarily we are all having to move to a smaller home since she can no longer afford rent. Well, we have a new house and we were planning to move next Friday. The owner of our current house just came banging on the door telling his we had better be out by this Sunday Or he would be suing us? Actually, he may sue us anyways? For what I have no clue. Anyways, pandemonium has ensued.
Tell him to go pound sand, from some brief looking it seems like you'd have until Wednesday at least
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/tenant-defenses-evictions-louisiana.html

If a tenant has failed to pay rent or has violated the lease and the landlord wishes to evict the tenant, the landlord must first give the tenant a five-day notice to vacate. If the tenant does not move out of the rental unit within five days, the landlord can then file an eviction lawsuit with the court. The landlord can proceed with the eviction, even if the tenant pays the rent during those five days or fixes the lease violation (see La. Civ. Code Ann. art. 4701).

Tell him to go pound sand, from some brief looking it seems like you'd have until Wednesday at least
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/tenant-defenses-evictions-louisiana.html

If a tenant has failed to pay rent or has violated the lease and the landlord wishes to evict the tenant, the landlord must first give the tenant a five-day notice to vacate. If the tenant does not move out of the rental unit within five days, the landlord can then file an eviction lawsuit with the court. The landlord can proceed with the eviction, even if the tenant pays the rent during those five days or fixes the lease violation (see La. Civ. Code Ann. art. 4701).

The thing is, my parents are keeping it a secret as to what they have and haven't paid. I honestly think they never paid May rent and just don't want me to know. My mom texted me at work and said we were still moving out next week, so I guess we are?

I have my biochemistry final on Monday (not entirely a final since it's not comprehensive of the entire course) on the metabolism pathways and all the details in between. I haven't studied much. I went to a review session today, and reviewed some on my own on Wednesday, but other than that...not much. Definitely not enough to know the detail that will be asked for on the test. I've kind of just thrown in the towel? I really don't think I'm getting into [a US] vet school with my glorious 3.2 and I feel like I'd just be putting in a lot of work for nothing. Sorry to get on here and whine about this, from a lot of what I've seen on this thread, you all have legit problems I'm just a dumb baby. YOLO on the exam I guess. It's just painful to put in as much work as I have toward my goal and then knowing that I will be largely judged on my numbers rather than everything else. Not that I'm special. That's another story though.

I just feel really stupid. Like..why does my GPA suck so much if I'm "smart?" why do my scores suck so much? I recently got diagnosed with a learning disability, but I think it's just a cop out for myself? I don't feel like I've really earned anything, I've just been..lucky (in terms of like....all the experience I've gained, getting admitted to my undergrad uni)? I don't know. My little old kitty is chronically ill too so that makes me sad. Sad sad sad

Last edited:
I have my biochemistry final on Monday (not entirely a final since it's not comprehensive of the entire course) on the metabolism pathways and all the details in between. I haven't studied much. I went to a review session today, and reviewed some on my own on Wednesday, but other than that...not much. Definitely not enough to know the detail that will be asked for on the test. I've kind of just thrown in the towel? I really don't think I'm getting into [a US] vet school with my glorious 3.2 and I feel like I'd just be putting in a lot of work for nothing. Sorry to get on here and whine about this, from a lot of what I've seen on this thread, you all have legit problems I'm just a dumb baby. YOLO on the exam I guess. It's just painful to put in as much work as I have toward my goal and then knowing that I will be largely judged on my numbers rather than everything else. Not that I'm special. That's another story though.
I would put in the work anyway to study for your final. Yes, numbers are looked at, but they aren't the end all be all for many people. To me it would be more concerning to see someone give up on something because they resigned themselves to not do well. Numbers say relatively little (to me at least) about ability/intelligence/capability. They also say absolutely nothing about effort and drive. You are interested in a career that is challenging and not always rewarding - drive to push yourself to work/study/improve even when you think you may not succeed is really important to your future in this field. People who will not be successful are not people who think they won't achieve their goals, they're people who stop because they think they won't achieve their goals.

I know this is a silly pep talk, and it feels like I peeled it off of one of those motivational posters with a kitten clinging to a tree on it. What I'm saying, though, is that I have never looked back on something with regret when I know I put absolutely all of my effort into it. I do, however, feel regret when I think about all of the things that I failed at because I refused to try or to put in due diligence.

When you have a choice, choose to put in the effort that will make you proud of yourself at the end of the day, regardless of the outcome.

Reactions: 2 users

I just feel really stupid. Like..why does my GPA suck so much if I'm "smart?" why do my scores suck so much? I recently got diagnosed with a learning disability, but I think it's just a cop out for myself? I don't feel like I've really earned anything, I've just been..lucky (in terms of like....all the experience I've gained, getting admitted to my undergrad uni)? I don't know. My little old kitty is chronically ill too so that makes me sad. Sad sad sad

I got in with a 3.0 yanno. It does make it harder, obviously, but it's not impossible. And I'm definitely not 'smart' - I think it was more stubbornness that got me through. Lol.

Reactions: 3 users
I would put in the work anyway to study for your final. Yes, numbers are looked at, but they aren't the end all be all for many people. To me it would be more concerning to see someone give up on something because they resigned themselves to not do well. Numbers say relatively little (to me at least) about ability/intelligence/capability. They also say absolutely nothing about effort and drive. You are interested in a career that is challenging and not always rewarding - drive to push yourself to work/study/improve even when you think you may not succeed is really important to your future in this field. People who will not be successful are not people who think they won't achieve their goals, they're people who stop because they think they won't achieve their goals.

I know this is a silly pep talk, and it feels like I peeled it off of one of those motivational posters with a kitten clinging to a tree on it. What I'm saying, though, is that I have never looked back on something with regret when I know I put absolutely all of my effort into it. I do, however, feel regret when I think about all of the things that I failed at because I refused to try or to put in due diligence.

When you have a choice, choose to put in the effort that will make you proud of yourself at the end of the day, regardless of the outcome.

I definitely won't be giving up. At least not anytime soon. I think I've come too far to do that. It's just really hard to get myself to study right now. It's also a lot to tackle...I left myself with a lot of stuff to do in a short amount of time. Obviously no one's fault but my own, but it makes it that much harder to get started. On the bright side, I've been working on socializing my new mice, and they are very sweet and gentle and I think will come around very well after some time. :love:

Also, I've always wanted to use this emoticon, and I think it would be appropriate for me in this case: +pity+

I got in with a 3.4. From what I can recall you're not a bad student and your ecs are awesome. GPA definitely isn't everything. I was surprised when I got my interviews and though I know you're discouraged, I'm confident you will feel the same joy.

Now get off of SDN and STUDY!! :sendoff:

Reactions: 5 users