**Rate your SMP & Postbac**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone a review of the Mills College Post Bac Pre Med program?

Thanks.

I just got into Johns Hopkins and Bryn Mawr's programs and would very much appreciate hearing from any alums of those programs who can provide similar information to the other posts in this thread. Thanks very much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi - does anyone have any insight on which program is looked at more highly? I have narrowed it down to either Penn, NYU, or UM and would like to know if one is better than the rest. i went to cornell undergrad and am originially from south florida - so i am trying to take that into account as well. thank you so much for your help!!

Can someone provide a review on Drexel's SMP? I've heard mixed reviews of the program and am having trouble accessing their website.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

I don't know about NYC, but not too far from NYC in Newark, NJ, there is a good program that is targeted to both dental and med student hopefuls. Its called the UMDNJ BMS program. I can send the link to you if you want it.

Don't know if someone brought this up already, but there is a new SMP program at New York Medical College which is a 38 min. train ride directly into Manhattan.

Columbia University Institute of Human Nutrition Class of 2007

1) The Pros and Cons of their program (structure of the program, learning environment, cost, location, faculty, classes, difficulty, competitiveness, other students, buildings/classrooms/facilities, etc..)

Pros:
1. Strong emphasis on clinical applications dealing with nutrition and disease.
2. Graduate program within the College of Physicians and Surgeons.
3. Several required courses (Growth and Development, Molecular Nutrition) use faculty members from P&S.
4. Vast research opportunities (e.g. Ophthalmology, wound healing, neurology, various dental topics, etc).
5. Allowed to take courses within the Mailman School of Public Health, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and Teacher's College.
6. World class medical faculty and facilities.
7. New York City.

Cons:
1. Cost (tuition is comparable to most programs, but the cost of living is a major problem).
2. Some of the faculty are disorganized (e.g. Biochemistry/Physiology). Material is what you would expect, but the faculty member teaching the course is a disappointment to the institute. She will most likely NOT be teaching the course due to the numerous complaints this year.
3. "Special Studies" course (designed to help students with their thesis) is the biggest waste of time. Hopefully they will restructure this course, as many of us complained about its irrelevance to our education.
4. Neighborhood isn't unsafe, but it's definitely not the safest place to be at night. Additionally, Washington Heights is very boring and there is a major lack of food sources around campus.

2) The kinds of classes you've taken and a description.
1. Biochemistry/Physiology I/II
2. Epidemiology
3. Growth and Development
4. Clinical Nutrition
5. Molecular Nutrition
6. Readings in Human Nutrition -- Assigned packets (generally 4-8 articles) of recent research published on topics such as cardiovascular disease, prostate cancer, diabetes, obesity, cholesterol, retinoids, etc. You are required to discuss, in detail, all aspects of each article the following week. Class is split up into smaller groups (15-17 students) to allow for better discussion.
7. History and Philosophy of Public Health
8. Special Studies (see comments above)
9. Foods in Human Nutrition (bonehead course, fun but time consuming).
10. U.S and International Nutrition Policy. One of the faculty members for this course is director of UNICEF.
11. Molecular Toxicology
12. Medical Ecology

3) Something you wished you knew coming into the program
1. Just how expensive NYC can be.

4) Something you would like to tell incoming students about your program
1. Overall, the program is strong. It has a very strong reputation and you will be surrounded by many opportunities. However, be prepared to deal with some disorganization on the part of the administration and faculty. Hopefully with the complaints from the class of 2007 they will clean up some of the issues we faced. I know that they will be selecting student representatives to communicate the needs of the student body to the faculty (something the class of 2007 did not have).

5) Tips for students applying to your program
1. Apply early. Show that you have some sort of interest in nutrition. A decent academic record and good LORs should get you in.

6) Did it help you get into medical school/dental school/etc.?
Yup! I will be attending my 1st choice this fall!

7) Anything else you'd like to add
Just do it, you know you want to.

8) A rating from 1-5 (1 being the worst (no recommendation) to 5 (full recommendation)

Does anyone know if the program accept the DAT (for dental schools)score? or you would have to take the GRE if you are not a pre-med student?

I'm in almost exactly the same boat as the poster below and haven't been able to find anything about the NYU or Hopkins programs in the forums. Does anyone have some info to offer? How much does the Penn name affect med school acceptance chances (if at all)? How good are the NYU/ Hopkins advising structures? Classes? I've done a lot of research and basically decided against Georgetown because of the lack of linkages, poor overall organization/administration (though I hear the program is being transferred to a new advisor because of that) and the feeling that post-bacs are there just to generate tuition rather than given the same consideration as undergrads w/ regard to class registration, access to TAs, etc. So, I'd like to get a good idea of what the environment is like at the schools mentioned above to ensure I make the right choice (though I know there is no "right" answer to this). So, I guess just a reasonably informed choice.

I'm starting in May so any info you have ASAP would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!

Hi - does anyone have any insight on which program is looked at more highly? I have narrowed it down to either Penn, NYU, or UM and would like to know if one is better than the rest. i went to cornell undergrad and am originially from south florida - so i am trying to take that into account as well. thank you so much for your help!!

apparently i am very slow. i cannot figure out how to delete this post.

Drexel IMS 2007-2008

Pros:
1. The number of med school classes that are offered.
2. The broadcasting and accessibility of the lectures online.
3. The accessibility of the professors and their willingness to help you.
4. Free tutoring, gym and counseling.
5. Great lecture note handouts.
6. The way that the curriculum is set up in modules is fantastic, in my opinion.

Cons:
1. Expense
2. The fact that we don't have live teachers (although I do not view this as very much of a con).
3. The building is kind of run down.
4. The medical ethics class is kind of a drag because you feel like you have so much other studying that you could be doing.

Pro or Con:
Philly - a lot of people think of this as a pro. However, there is some culture shock for people coming from the south or the west. But, of course, the city has a great night life, a good cultural scene, and plenty going on.

I don’t feel like the classes need a description since they are just regular medical school classes.
Med Classes:
Medical Biochemistry I and II, Medical Physiology I and II, Cell Biology and Microanatomy I and II, Medical Nutrition, Medical Immunology, Medical Neuroscience
Ethics Class:
Medicine and Society I and II

Something I wish I knew coming into the program:
I wish I knew how to study the best way possible for my own learning style. If you don't know, learn quickly, or you will find yourself struggling immediately. Also, use the tutoring. I didn't need so much help understanding the concepts; I just wanted someone to go over the info with me as many times as I wanted, without feeling like I was holding my friends back. I went from getting all Cs to getting mostly As when I started using the tutoring service.

Something I would like to tell incoming students about my program:
Prepared me spectacularly. I feel like I am going to have a huge leg up on other students in my first year class. I am filled with confidence going into my first year as opposed to being worried about it.

Tips for students applying to your program:
Don't be too concerned with the statistics of the percentages of people who get in, etc (even though Drexel's percentage is very high). If you do your work, and you get good grades, you have a very good chance of gaining admission to med school.

Did it help you get into medical school/dental school/etc.?
Yes! I got into my allopathic state school.

A rating from 1-5:

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty interested in Tulane Pharm. Can anyone rate it for me? :thumbup: :thumbdown:Also, how many peeps from Pharm go on to Tulane med and what were their stats?
THANKS!!!

I don't know about NYC, but not too far from NYC in Newark, NJ, there is a good program that is targeted to both dental and med student hopefuls. Its called the UMDNJ BMS program. I can send the link to you if you want it.

Does anyoen have any expereince with the umdnj bms program?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty interested in Tulane Pharm. Can anyone rate it for me? :thumbup: :thumbdown:Also, how many peeps from Pharm go on to Tulane med and what were their stats?
THANKS!!!
bump

Hey, I am seriously thinking of applying to the MS nutrition program at Columbia and was wondering what you needed to get in (GRE scores and GPA) or what your fellow classmates had to get in. Any response would be great.

I live in Austin, TX and unfortunately, there are no post bacc programs for non-trads like myself in Texas - other than Lamar U in Beaumont, and I would rather move out-of-state than Beaumont. I've considered attending some classes at the local community college - Austin Comm Coll., which has an excellent allied health/nursing program, and then transfer to UT Austin in the spring (I applied to UT too late this year for Fall 2008 admission.)

Meanwhile, I applied to four post bacc programs across the country. I've so far been accepted at Univ. of Oregon Eugene and U Miami, FL. Does anyone have experience with either program?

Also - would it be bad to take a few classes at my local community college (while working at a CA at the local hospital) and then transfer to UT for the remaining classes? while taking a MCAT Kaplan course?

I'll have to leave Austin in two years no matter what, but I've built a life here and not sure I'm ready to leave just yet. However, I've heard that med schools do not like course work done at a community college (even though the orgo chem class I took was taught by a PhD who also teaches at UT.)

Can anyone tell me if some community college course work is looked down upon? If I want to stay in Texas (which has really inexpensive med school programs comparatively), would Texas programs really mind three classes taken at ACC and the rest done at UT Austin?

Thanks!

I just got into Johns Hopkins and Bryn Mawr's programs and would very much appreciate hearing from any alums of those programs who can provide similar information to the other posts in this thread. Thanks very much.

did you get into the johns hopkins ms program? or a post -bacc

1) The Pros and Cons of their program (structure of the program, learning environment, cost, location, faculty, classes, difficulty, competitiveness, other students, buildings/classrooms/facilities, etc..)

- None of the classes involve curving you against other post bacs. Probably the single biggest plus in my book, since there's every incentive to work together
- One year and you're done.
- Chance to get lucky with the linkage programs and miss the glide year entirely. Doesn't work for everyone but it's pretty sweet if it does.
- By and large the postbac profs are pretty good. When profs aren't quite perfect, so many of the postbacs complain that things get fixed. Truth be told, I thoughtI was able to do very well in the program by just studying a lot.
- Food at Bryn Mawr is surprisingly good (small point, I know)
- Philly area is pretty nice, IMHO.
- Medical schools really respect the program. We wouldn't have the linkages with some of the schools we do if that weren't the case. I was often surprised by how often we were told flat out that X Medical School "just loves Bryn Mawr students" by staff at the medical school. I'm really not exagerating here, its crazy. I felt extremely lucky to have the bryn mawr reputation behind me, although I know other places also have great reputations.
- Jodi's advice is very useful. She really knows her stuff.

The usual 8.
3) Something they wished they knew coming into the program
I didn't know quite how hard I would be working.
4) Something they would like to tell incoming students about your program
Don't stress out so much, its a tough year, but its doable!!
Really think hard about why you want to be a Doctor. They really care about that stuff in your interview. Also, think about how to respond to any weaknesses in your application. They WILL ask about them and you need to be ready to say why, e.g., you didn't do well in a certain class. If anything, they just want to see how you'll respond to criticism in a real Med School interview.
I just got into my linkage school (got the MCAT score I needed yesterday afternoon :)). So, I guess that's a yes :hardy:.
8) A rating from 1-5 (1 being the worst (no recommendation) to 5 (full recommendation) 5

Feel free to message me if you have questions.

I recently applied for Drexel's IMS program and here is my experience:

Their minimum MCAT is 27 with 9s across. If you do not have this they will not consider you for the program (told to me during my phone interview). They preferably want a 30 or better (which leads me to wonder what the point of taking the class is if you have a 30 or better on the MCAT?!?!?!???:confused:)

They reffered me to & offered me admission to the MMS program. For this you take upper level science classes as well as MCAT prep classes. You are REQUIRED to take the MCAT at the end of the 1st year.......

I wrote about a week or so ago seeking advice on whether it is feasible to get into med school with community college course work.

I already have a BA form a highly ranked 4 year college - at 3.54 and a masters in journalism from the top university for journalism in the country and have worked for 7 years professionally. The truth is, even though I've gotten into U. Oregon and U Miami post bacc premed programs, I just don't want to leave Austin, TX and their community college science courses are really very good (taught by PhDs who also teach at UT Austin).

So, can I stay here and still get into med school? or, do you think it's best I leave for Oregon or Miami even though that means uprooting my life now and then again two years from now when I go to med school.

This has been a pretty tough struggle for me to decide so any, and all advice, is so greatly appreciated.

Please, please post some good thoughts on my predicament.

You can theoretically get away with taking prereqs at a CC if you also do some upper div science at a 4yr, and do very well.

A 3.54 isn't actually all that competitive, particularly in a non-science major, so you don't want to give people a reason to doubt your science prowess. Which they will, if you take your sciences at a CC.

Best of luck to you.

Wow! Thanks for the great and quick feedback.

The reason I can't go to UT this fall is because I missed the deadline for fall application a long time ago. I can, however, transfer for spring 2009. In the mean time, my option is ACC.

Gosh - I am surprised you would say a 3.54 isn't all that good. It got me into UNC Chapel Hill's Journalism school and then has lead me to professional jobs in NYC and here at Dell for the last 8 years. I guess, I would hope that those qualifications, along with my volunteer work at the hospital ER and work with children with cancer would make me a desirable candidate.

Granted, I know it's up to me to get As in the pre reqs and do really well on the MCAT, but I've read numerous posts on these forums where folks only had a 2.5 and I didn't even see lots of people respond that was so horrible.

Is a 3.54 really that low?

Gosh - I am surprised you would say a 3.54 isn't all that good....but I've read numerous posts on these forums where folks only had a 2.5 and I didn't even see lots of people respond that was so horrible...Is a 3.54 really that low?

I didn't say good or bad. I said not "actually all that competitive." I'm not trying to be discouraging; you certainly kick my ***, but I went DO. You may not be aware that 60% of med school applicants are rejected. Those of us with under a 3.5 get spanked, very hard, on average. See my mdapps for a cautionary tale.

More to the point, as you start your prereqs, you're headed into subjects that are notorious for weeding out premeds and turning them into biz majors.

A 3.54 is below average, even for TX state schools. Here are the numbers for TX MD schools, out of the '09-'10 MSAR, which you should find and peruse for yourself. All numbers are medians for accepted students; all of these drop a bit for matriculants because not all accepted students matriculate.

.......MCAT.MCAT.MCAT.MCAT.Overall.Science
School..VR...PS...BS...WS....GPA.....GPA
Baylor..11...12...12...Q.....3.9.....3.9
TA&M....10...10...10...P.....3.8.....3.8
Lubbock.10...10...10...P.....3.7.....3.6
UTMB....10...10...11...P.....3.8.....3.8
UTH.....10...10...11...P.....3.8.....3.7
UTSA....10...10...10...P.....3.7.....3.6
UTSW....10...11...12...Q.....3.8.....3.8

...a masters in journalism from the top university for journalism in the country and have worked for 7 years professionally...

While I'm dumping reality checks on you, be prepared for medical school admissions people to smile politely and say "that's nice" with respect to your journalism background. It doesn't give you an edge. It's considered a good extra curricular activity, from the perspective of a med school application.

As is my 15 year engineering career and my 4.0 in computer science. Sigh.

I already have a BA form a highly ranked 4 year college - at 3.54 and a masters in journalism from the top university for journalism in the country and have worked for 7 years professionally. The truth is, even though I've gotten into U. Oregon and U Miami post bacc premed programs, I just don't want to leave Austin, TX and their community college science courses are really very good (taught by PhDs who also teach at UT Austin).
My opinion: with a good, or even average MCAT a 3.54 will probably get you into medical school, but proablly not the medical shool of your choice. You're going to need a broad application: 25 applications for 1-5 acceptances (you could be way above the average, I have no idea how they'll look at the 7 year career, but that seems like the average for a 3.54). The translation here is, post-bac or not, you're going to be moving from Austin, TX. Just a year later. Then 4 years after that you'll move wherever you get into the best residency program. So, my advice (not that I'm a doctor or anything, take with a grain of salt) is that you should go to the post-bac program that gives you the best shot of getting in to the best school and stop pretending that you're going to be able to put down roots in Austin, TX.

Also, the more respected post-bac program is probably your best chance to get into to a school in Austin, TX. Not that it's likely, but definitely your best chance.

Can someone please post on the New York Medical College Masters of Basic Medical Sciences?

For those of you who haven't heard of it, there are two tracks- an accelerated one year track, and a two year- both designed to help get students into med school.

I haven't heard much about student's particular experiences in the two year track, so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I know there have been other reviews of this program already but I figured a very recent review would help. Hope it helps...

- Pros:
*GREAT student support, the head of the program is very concerned with every one of his students. He is a nice guy who never stops working for his students. Together with the awesome pre-health advisor they make a team that was worth every cent of my money.
*Learning environment is excellent. The program administration encourages group study, even hires the best students after the first set of tests to provide supplemental tutoring. Study locations have improved from former years. I had the choice between two libraries (lakeshore and downtown), the new (and very flashy) Information Commons (its a bit of a show-off building with too much open space so that it gets a bit noisy sometimes but I always liked to study with headphones and music on anyways...and you can't beat the direct lakeview!!) and the very own (somewhat dinky) MAMS lounge (aka Lounge de MAMS...). The MAMS lounge is an old office/lab space converted into a study space for only students.
*Cost = expensive (but worth it in my opinion...~30-35k, depending on insurance, etc.)
*Location: a) It's Chicago b) The winters are brutal (I am from a warmer place) c) People are nice...don't go north of campus in general...share rent with roomies d) The Red Line will take you to any bars you would ever wnat to go to in 15-20 mins (i.e. Cups Stadium and assoc. bars, downtown)
* Faculty/Classes/Difficulty: Facutly was highly variable but the program director will fight for your rights and even though they say classes aren't curved in the beginning of the program they tend to be curved. Watch out for Biochem if its still taught by Dr. Castignetti. It bit a lot of people in the behind. If you had horrible study habits in college (like me) this will be a hard program. What i found though is that generally your effort = your grades. If you work hard you will do well. Go to class, take notes, record lectures, share noted with people, do study groups, find SOMETHING that works for you. This program will prepare you well for the rigors of medical school studying.
* Competitiveness: we are all pre-med...being competitive is in our blood. I made a lot of friends and it wasn't cutthroat or anything so don't worry about this.
*Buildings/Classroom/Facilities: Same mix of old and new as with any other campus. The gym is like a dungeon and not worth the extra money...go run along the lake (on days when it isn't -20 F)

- 1st semester:
*Adv. Biochem - hardest class but totally worth it. Study hard and get help if you need it (class is curved at end if appropriate).
*AdvCell Biology - i think they will have a new teacher for this next year so i won't say too much. I liked the class...lots of reading literature (i.e. research papers, review articles, etc.)
*Human Anatomy/Physio - again, dunno if they will keep the teacher but this is the class i learned the most from.
*Medical Ethics and Literature - this course had some kinks in it but I liked that they had an ethics course at all. Even with some disagreement among students about the value of this class it gave me a great opportunity to broaden my ideas and attitudes towards medical ethics
- 2nd semster
* A and P II: same old (we had some teacher issues but it worked out in the end)
* Developmental Biology: taught by program director. Excellent class. Interesting and fair, nough said.
* Pharmacology - taught at stritch school of medicine. Waste of time. The med school didn't want to teach it, the head honcho for the class didn't care, and by the end (before the final) no one had an A in the class. They won't have this class next year so don't worry though.
* Neurobiology: fun class, pretty easy, just study the concepts and a little detail. Good teacher.

* Never ever ever ever underestimate Adv. Biochem taught by Dr. Castignetti.
* Chicago is not a 4 season city - its 2 seasons (or it was this school year)...really cold and humid hot.
* unless you really want to, don't apply for med school the same summer as for this program...i did and i got no interviews...since then my application has improved greatly and I feel that I wasted a lot of money last year.

* It is a very good program with a strong support system. I got excellent volunteer experience at Children's Memorial!!! I loved it there. It was my best volunteer experience.
* Take advantage of every opportunity to improve your application (volunteering, get involved in the program as a tutor or student council member, etc.)
* the advisor and the program director are the best part of the program.

* Dunno...they are looking for people who have potential?! Here are my stats when i applied: GPA: 3.49 cGPA: 3.45 MCAT: 29R (10,10,9physical), 3 letters of rec (no clinical letter), 1.5 years of medical volunteering, EMT cert.,

* Ask me in a year...

* Bottomline: it does have its kinks but the great people, the interesting classes, and the great opportunities are worth it. IF you put in the effort it will pay off for you.

8) A rating from 1-5 (1 being the worst (no recommendation) to 5 (full recommendation): 4.5/5

Sorry this turned out so long. Hope it helps someone...

Cheers

Thanks for the updated review. I would LOVE to get into Loyola, I'm not even applying to any med. schools as I know I probably won't get in.
Is there anything specific about the Roger's Park neighborhood that you dislike? Cost of living, safety, etc? I like Chicago, and I'm from NY so I don't expect that much of a culture shock as far as moving (if I get in).

Pros:
- long-term history of success -- they know how to get people into medical school. Dealing with advisors can be a plus or a minus depending on who you have, but as a whole they are very clear on what it will take you to get into medical school. The structure is solid and well-proven to work
- supportive student body -- the best part about the experience is the tight network of postbacc students that is formed. I have not experienced any cutthroat competition or ill-will at all. Students are incredibly supportive and help each other to succeed.
- integration into undergrad classes -- I wouldn't want "special" treatment. I think that taking the same classes as the undergrads actually helps the postbac students (in terms of the curve, at least) and shows adcoms that the classes we take are just as hard as any other student at Columbia (in case they were worried)
- TA's are very helpful -- true, a few don't speak wonderful English, but as a whole the TA's I've had for all of my courses have taught me a lot, been incredibly accessible and have been a big part of my success in learning the material
-facilities -- great gym, great libraries, lots of food... absolutely no complaint
- faculty -- as a whole they are very nice and accessible, although not all of them are great teachers... take from this what you will

Cons:
- cost -- the program itself is top dollar and living in nyc is no picnic. I've always lived here so it's no surprise to me but I know a lot of students who struggle with this as it is difficult to maintain sufficient employment through the program to make good money. If you try to live off-campus to save money you find yourself disadvantaged in terms of time lost commuting and the inability to attend review sessions held on say, Sunday at 6pm.
- they don't care if you succeed -- let's be honest it's a money-making program and if you can't hack the coursework they won't be too sad to take your money and say toodles

Stats -- good teaching, no complaints here

Calc I -- easy, good teacher, again, no complaints

Chem I and II -- it's hard to find a good Gen Chem teacher here, and that made me very bitter my first year. In the end I turned out to like my Gen Chem I teacher but it took me a while (I think he's gone now though). Anyhow, not my favorite experience, but in the end I think I learned a lot.

Chem Lab -- This class has a reputation to be awful. I took it over the summer which helped a ton I think. Not terribly interesting, but manageable.

Physics II and II -- faculty here is also mixed. There is a lot of inconsistency between professors. Some are much easier than others, but I think that students who take the harder professors learn a lot more, even if they struggle a lot more with the work. I always choose the more challenging professors because I know that when the time comes to take the MCAT it will pay off.

Bio I and II -- I found this class to be brutal. By far the hardest part of the program. I definitely think I learned a lot and I know that I was way overprepared for the bio part of the MCAT. That said I don't have the appropriate words for the way I feel about the tests but I can say that I never felt as though they gave me the opportunity to demonstrate my understanding of the material. So frustrating! Anyways, there's only one teacher for this course so prepare to deal with it.

Bio Lab -- great teacher, lots of fun overall

Orgo I and II -- I had two very excellent professors for these courses. I really, really enjoyed them. I felt as though the material was very accessible and professors made a real attempt to connect with the students.

Orgo Lab -- Generally a good experience except for having a TA who spoke no English. Mostly just a lot of work, but I don't think thats anything new.

Don't be afraid to seek out help and take advantage of all things offered to you. Go to office hours. Get a tutor. Work with friends. Do whatever it takes. Never settle.

Get to know your professors early on in the semester. Not only will you eventually need letters of recommendation from them (which will be much more genuine if the professor actually knows you) but students who consistently attend office hours and utilize the more personal attention that professors are willing to give have an easier time with the material and seem to do better. None of my professors have been terribly intimidating and most are better at explaining material to a small group of people.

Write a good essay, be yourself and make sure you show that you've started to pursue medicine in any way you can (volunteering, shadowing, etc.) They want to accept students they would be proud to send to adcoms bearing the Columbia name.

I am submitting AMCAS this week so let's hope so. That said I know that students who have gone through the program in the past have done well, so...

8) A rating from 1-5 (1 being the worst (no recommendation) to 5 (full recommendation) 4.5

BU GMS Program

Pros: well organized, great faculty (looking back and compared to the current profs at my school, M1's at BU have way better faculty), their library can use some work but then again, at least they have one with a fair number of places to study, classes are definitely doable. in terms of classmates, i didnt really interact with too many people. they weren't competitive per se, but i think most people had the mentality of busting their butts (having a great social life wasn't the prime goal of why we were there).

Cons: $$$$$$$

histology, physio, immuno, pharmacology (the easy kind), endocrinology, biochem

From what I hear through the grapevine, BU is moving to a systems based program, which will probably affect how they run their GMS program. Not sure if it will help or harm.

i was prepared to bust my butt coming into the program.

Make sure you really make the year count. I know a few people who did mediocre in the program and they're either 1) not at a medschool (it's already been a couple years) or 2) at a carribean medschool (which sucks since the BU program is so expensive. if your goal is to go to an island school, spending a year and $$ at any SMP is simply a waste)

Apply fairly early (at least by around March) and if you dont hear by end of April/May, make sure you call at least a couple times a month to show the staff who gets your calls, your interest in the program. (Natasha got my file bumped up to the top of the file to be reviewed, which really helped me get in since I applied fairly late in the game). Also, make sure you emphasize how you've made a turnaround academically in your essay. "I just wanna" isn't going to cut it.

A definite YES. I had no chance anywhere with my UG gpa.

8) A rating from 1-5 (1 being the worst (no recommendation) to 5 (full recommendation)
5. Fully recommend.

Last edited:
can anyone rate HES or Berkeley Ext?

Harvard Extension Health Careers Program

-Very enthusiastic profs who put a lot of energy into their classes. They are responsive to feedback and truly care about helping people succeed. The classes I took were also very well organized. Well, everything but dev bio, but I have to cut her slack since it was her first time teaching it. I have heard bad things about physics, but I took that elsewhere (UMass Boston) because HES doesn't have classes over the summer, and I have a lot of difficulty believing the HES version sucked more.

-Rigorous preparation. If you do well in these classes you will most likely do very well on the mcat. Can't speak to med school since I'm not in yet. :D I didn't find the classes difficult, but working full-time + 2 classes + volunteering = no social life. I know other people did find them hard, I'm sure it depends a lot on your background. For example, chem is pretty straightforward if you have solid algebra skills, my friends without that struggled a bit.

-Cost: $800/class w/ lab. Seriously.

-Location: Pro IMHO, Cambridge is awesome. Neighborhood feel with urban resources. It's expensive and the weather can suck though.

-People: I didn't feel like it was competitive. The basic sciences that I took were not graded on a curve, which takes a lot of the competitiveness out of it. The study groups I was in were highly cooperative, I'd recommend bonding early. Because it's open enrollment the students' background and goals vary widely. Plenty get weeded out pretty quickly. IMO that's not a bad thing, fewer distractions.

-Access to harvard resources like various libraries and pubmed.

-I felt like the facilities were totally fine. Not state of the art labs, but not decrepit either.

Con:
I'd say the possible big one is the lack of structure. If you need that, you won't find it here in an a la carte program. That said, I think both Fixsen and Peterson have been really great about providing feedback and guidance when you ask for it. They don't sugarcoat things, however, so be prepared to not hear what you want to hear. There's really nothing else negative I have to say about the program.

I took classes from 2005-2008, Bio I&II, Chem I&II, Orgo I&II, Dev Bio, Epigenetics, Neurobio of Drug Addiction. I am not getting a diploma, but am using their sponsorship service. Applying this cycle.

Bio, Chem and Orgo were all well established classes - very well organized and expertly taught. Dev Bio was a bit hit or miss in terms of organization since it was her first time teaching it. However, she was very enthusiastic and was receptive to input about class material etc (IMO too flexible, but whatever). It was also the first class at HES that I'd taken with a curve, and she wasn't very clear about the grading standards.

How much I would enjoy it. First of all, as I said, I started off taking Physics I&II at UMass Boston during the summer before I started at HES. I don't know what the classes are like at UMass during the year, but the quality of instruction at UMass during the summer was HORRIBLE. Reading from the textbook doesn't qualify as teaching. Letting a student postpone the final because it conflicts with their prom is ridiculous. And the facilities there were crappy. After that experience I was worried about HES, but I loved Bio with Fixsen and Orgo with Logan. My TFs were also very good, with one exception, and she was culled after the first semester of orgo. It was fun being around people who were working towards similar goals.

a) It is possible to work full-time, but be prepared to give up your social life.
b) Along the same lines, don't overload yourself. 2 classes with work and ECs does not look bad to an adcom.
c) Get to know Fixsen and Peterson early on, they will be very helpful.
d) Do not, under any circumstances, walk around telling people you go to Harvard.

Harvard Extension is open enrollment, you can take the premed reqs without being involved in the Health Careers Program. The Health Careers Program is also essentially open enrollment, I have never heard of anyone not being accepted.* However, the requirements for sponsorship (meaning a committee letter for your apps) depend on your incoming GPA, and you are only eligible for the diploma program if you haven't taken any of the premed requirements.

Dunno yet, hopefully I can update with a yes in a few months! I would definitely expect so though.

ETA - Yup, success! I applied to 16, got 8 interviews, 4 acceptances to US MD schools.

5. Fully recommend.

*I'm sure that doesn't mean it hasn't ever happened, but the reason I am pointing this out is not to detract from anyone's sense of accomplishment for getting in, rather, I just want to take the stress out of applying to HCP. The program treats you as an adult - they'll pretty much give anyone a chance, it's up to you to prove yourself once you're there. Talk to Fixsen about what your sponsorship requirements will be given your GPA, send in your money and app (it's a very low stress app), and you're ready to get started.

Sponsorship Info: http://www.extension.harvard.edu/2008-09/programs/hcp/sponsor/
Diploma Info: http://www.extension.harvard.edu/2008-09/programs/hcp/diploma/

Last edited:
1) Most of the professors are fantastic--they are very passionate about the subject material, very knowledgeable about the subject material, and best of all, are passionate about teaching. In particular I felt the O-chem professor, physics professor, and one of the biology professors (bio is team-taught) were among the best professors I'd ever have. For reference, I went to a small liberal arts college, where I felt I had phenomenal teachers, so my standards aren't low.

With that said, I do know some students aren't as thrilled about some profs. Generally it's very few (maybe around two or three out of 25 or 30 students) who are upset. I'd highly recommend sitting in on a few lectures to see if you feel the professor's teaching styles work for you.

The location is well... Oakland. Not too many people want to live there. I lived on campus for a semester, which was a bad choice, graduate men are limited to the most expensive housing. I was one of two post-bacs who lived on campus--everyone else commutes, many from SF. I lived in Berkeley for the remainder of the program, which I thought was a very nice place to live (there's also a free Mills shuttle that runs hourly to and from UC Berkeley).

I definitely worked a lot harder than I'd ever worked before, and it paid off. I think you generally get the grade you deserve. Courses aren't graded on a curve, so there's a lot of incentives to work together. Most students seemed to form study groups. As pre-meds there is some competitiveness since everyone likes to perform above the mean/median, but overall the atmosphere is one of cooperation.

There's a new science building, which opened after I finished the program. Personally I liked the old one complete with 70's mustard yellow tabletops and Brady Bunch orange carpets. But the new building is nice--and the labs are sooo much nicer than the ones I used. Unfortunately the biology laboratory is still in the old building, and well... it leaves a lot to be desired. My high school had a better bio lab (in all fairness it was a nice high school...) Honestly I didn't think it was much of an issue--we had everything we needed. But it's always nice to be in a nice-looking lab...

The campus is really beautiful--large meadows, old trees, a nice somewhat polluted stream, lots of birds and squirrels. There's a lake on the campus too, which is a nice little hike away from the main campus. It's really more of a place to hike to, I wouldn't swim in it--you'd probably get tangled in the reeds and drown, and since we're pre-meds people might think you were stressed out and committed suicide...

The post-bac community is really wonderful. There are people who are artists, musicians, history majors, computer scientists, businesspeople, film-makers, a PhD in quantum mechanics (now he's getting an MD/PhD!), drama majors, English majors, and of course, biology majors. Great diversity in age and background. The undergrads are very diverse as well. Except they're all women. But all the undergrads I knew, including the ones with shaved heads, multiple piercings, etc. were still very welcoming of male post-bacs.

2) The usual courses--biology, physics, general chemistry, organic chemistry, and calculus if you haven't taken it (physics is calculus based here). There's the option of finishing the program in one year if you've already taken general chemistry. That's the route I and a few others took, and while it isn't recommended, I personally didn't think it was too bad. But I do know others who couldn't handle it--it really depends on the individual. It's always best to take your time and do very well then to hurry through the program and do mediocre.

Your medical education is going to take a long time, and you'll practice medicine for an even longer amount of time, so taking two years rather than one year really isn't much of a difference. Plus, taking a lighter courseload gives you more time to volunteer (I'd recommend the Berkeley Free Clinic--it's amazing).

Any medical student, professor, physician, etc., has agreed that taking more time can only help you--you'll only gather more experience, and enjoy life more.

3) I wish I would have known how "nice" the biology lab was. I also wish I would have known how wonderful the professors would be--I only sat in on physics (which was great!)

4) I would encourage incoming students to sit in on on a few lectures, get to know Jo Scullion, the program coordinator (she's the best resource the program offers)

Ask current students questions about the program to see if it's a good fit for you. Try speaking with Mills grads currently in medical school as well.

5) Tips for applying... Well, as I said--visit!! The professors are generally the ones one the admissions committee, so if you visit and chat with them, they are more likely to remember you, and if they liked you, to advocate for you.

6) I'm applying to medical right now. I did apply to one school last year, which didn't end up working out. But I feel going to Mills helped me do well on the MCAT (I chose not to take a prep-course).

7) The program is what you make of it--seek out advice rather than expect hand-holding (though there are weekly lunch-time presentations by doctors, deans of admissions or admissions reps, personal statement prep advice, AMCAS application overview, etc.) The professors are so great to talk to--I can't state how many times I would just chat with a professor outside of office hours or while passing in the halls. They're a wealth of knowledge, and that knowledge goes beyond things medically related; if you're lucky they'll infect you with the same passion for life that they have!

A number of Mills students go on to the UC's; Mills is best known in the west--so if you're looking to go to Harvard, there may be other schools Harvard might recognize better. But a disproportionately high number of Mills students seem to get into UCSF every year. So if the UC's are you goal, Mills might be a good choice. I know Scripps down in SoCal also has a good reputation in CA.

Generally I hear Mills and Scripps are the two programs to consider if you want to be in California. I haven't heard anything positive about Berkeley Extension (I knew a student who started at Berkeley Extension and decided to come to Mills last minute because she felt so uninspired by the faculty for the extension program). I don't know much about SF State's program, though my impression is that it's a good program as well (certainly more affordable than Mills and Scripps, in case money is a big factor for you)

8) I'd rate it a solid 5--I really liked Mills; it definetley has a special place in my heart. I'd highly encourage anyone considering applying to Mills to visit. The professors and students are really the backbone and strength of any program, and the majority of the professors and students are amazing people. Get to know them and their stories--they all have an interesting life story.

If you have any other questions about Mills, please feel free to PM me anytime.

-Brent

any pros and cons about rutgers at new brunswick? any helpful tips as to which classes to take, any good professor, etc..? thanks.

Could someone please also rate Tulane's 1 yr Masters Program in Human Genetics and whether it has helped them get into Tulane or other med schools? Thanks bunchies!!!!

Pros:

• Relatively inexpensive compared to other programs - at around $15,000 for tuition (add your cost of living on top of this), it can't be beat!
  • Great faculty and supportive staff that want to see you achieve your ultimate goal of becoming a health professional
  • The facilities are very modern and well kept
  • Plenty of opportunities for research within the program
  • The classes are difficult, but they are doable if you put in the appropriate effort
  • Since this is a traditional graduate program, it allows you to be employed during the day (if it is absolutely necessary). The MBS program is geared toward pre-professional students, but it is not a true SMP. Most of the classes are in the evening, which allows you to have a more flexible schedule.
  • The school is on the verge of opening up a combined degree program with the UMDNJ-School of Public Health. You would be able to earn the MBS/MPH degree over a period of two years. As of July 2008, details have not been finalized, but the degree program may open up for enrollment in the spring of 2009 or for the 2009-2010 academic year.

Cons:
  • The program is not a true SMP in that you are not required to take any medical school courses. If you choose to do so, you can only take up to two medical courses during your matriculation in the program
  • The location of the school is safe and suburban, but there really is not much to do around the area. Even though you should be focusing on school, if you do want to go out and celebrate, you need to travel to Philadelphia or Atlantic City for decent night life.
  • Although the program is becoming increasingly competitive, it does not have the broad name recognition as programs such as Boston, Georgetown, Cinci, etc. Outside of New Jersey, NY, and Pennsylvania, medical schools may not be familiar with the specifics of our program.

Cell Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Physiology, Ethics in Science, Endocrinology, Seminar in Biomedical Science, and research credits. All of these classes require diligent study and test preparation. Some of the courses may be easier than others, but it really depends on your background and interests.

The proper way to apply for financial aid and considerations that you need to take when determining how much money you will need. Make an appointment with a financial aid counselor once you submit your letter of intent to matriculate. Also, get to know second year graduate students or former MBS students that are currently enrolled at the School of Osteopathic Medicine as early as possible. They usually have old materials such as notes and old exams that are useful for studying.

If you are motivated and willing to bite the bullet for a year or two, then it is certainly possible to become a successful applicant to professional school. Any graduate program or SMP is what you make of it. What you put into it is what you will get out of it. Immerse yourself in the program and it is very likely that you will be rewarded. If you are unable to get into professional school, but you complete the master's program, you are now armed with an additional degree to increase your competitiveness in the workforce.

Apply early! Our program, as well as the Newark campus, has seen a surge in applicants over the last few years. You don't want to be a good candidate that is shut out because our program is full.

Also, be aware that there are two tracks for matriculated students. The first is the thesis based M.S. in Biomedical Sciences and the other is the non-thesis based M.B.S.-Master's of Biomedical Science. If you are interested in research or have a research background, the thesis based track is an excellent way to integrate it into your master's curriculum. It also provides great exposure to scientific writing and original research while offering an opportunity for making a contribution to published work. If you do not want the added stress of a thesis or you have never been exposed to research as an undergrad, you can still participate in a lab rotation for credit in the non-thesis track.

Yes.

If you need to take the MCAT over again, there are three good times to take it during the program: the summer, the very beginning of the fall semester, or the very beginning of the spring semester. You should be able to devote as much time as possible to MCAT preparation, so the absolute ideal time for a repeat is the summer before you matriculate or after the first year of the program. If you must take it during the year, then do so at the beginning of the semester when the workload is lightest.

I'm new to this site, and am currently trying to decide between three post-bacc programs; Berkeley, Columbia, and the Harvard Extension Program. How valuable is the linkage program at Columbia? I have a high undergrad GPA (3.8), with a major in international studies, and I need all of the science courses.

Also, I was told at one point that the sponsorship program at HES was also like a scholarship; after 20 credits if you maintain a particular GPA school is free. Does anyone know about this?

Is there a rating of the Harvard program on this site that I have missed?

Any thoughts are much appreciated.
Thank you

Thanks for the updated review. I would LOVE to get into Loyola, I'm not even applying to any med. schools as I know I probably won't get in.
Is there anything specific about the Roger's Park neighborhood that you dislike? Cost of living, safety, etc? I like Chicago, and I'm from NY so I don't expect that much of a culture shock as far as moving (if I get in).

I was in the same MAMS class as Siverhideo and I agree with all his points. Its a great program, with a tremendous support structure. A few hic-ups, but they really do listen to their students and they should all be ironed out for the future classes.

Anyways, in regards to your post Rogers Park isn't the greatest place to live in Chicago but it is sure convenient. The luxury of just rolling out of bed and trekking to class in the winter can't be beat. Chicago winters can be pretty draining. Also, you'll find that a lot of your classmates will live in the Rogers Park area as well, which is a nice relief from studying. Cost of living in Rogers Park is less than the rest of the city, but your still in Chicago so it's not cheap. I also never had a problem with safety, but I'd still stay south of campus. Though even people that lived further north than that had no problems. Just watch yourself, as you should in any big city, and you'll be fine.

I really can't speak highly enough of MAMS. I'm convinced its one of the reasons I was accepted to med school this year. The programs not easy, but if you work hard I'm convinced you'll succeed. Also, you can't beat your counselor, Sally Fell, easily the most upbeat/positive person I've ever met.

Hi, I was considering the post-bac program at Wayne State med school. Can anyone that has completed the program or is enrolled in it right now gimme a little more info about it? For example: what kind of classes (repeating pre-med or med classes), heavy work load?, how much was the monthly stipend, any additional info that you wish someone told you before enrolling? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Also, I was told at one point that the sponsorship program at HES was also like a scholarship; after 20 credits if you maintain a particular GPA school is free. Does anyone know about this?

LOL. No.

Is there a rating of the Harvard program on this site that I have missed?

You kidding? It's on this page.

I would like to know the rating of the post-bacc program at LIU.

Hi all,

This is an excellent thread! Does anyone happen to have any information on the post-bac program at Dominican University in River Forest, IL? Any info/rating would be very helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle1

LOL. No.

^^^^ When I called the HES FinAid office, I was also told that there is a scholarship available for HCP. However, you only become eligible after you complete your first semester with a high gpa.

Hi bubbles!,

Thank you for such an in depth and comprehensive review of the Goucher Program! This has been incredibly helpful for me. I just got a call for an interview (yay) and was wondering if you had any tips, other than having a good, coherent story about my journey into medicine to this point. If anyone else out there has any tips/info, that would be really helpful! If not, wish me luck :)

Goucher College Postbac Program

A major pro (and maybe con) is that it's a 1 year program. You have to be prepared to work very very hard in a condensed period of time but it's a tremendous preparation for medical school and a really good choice for older or non-traditional students who want to get to medical school as quickly as possible. The faculty were great- very knowledgeable about what was going to be on the MCAT and what we needed to know for medical school itself. There is a policy of not sharing grades with other students, so we were not competitive among ourselves. All students are required to do a medically-related volunteer job in the community.
Another pro is that we were not in classes with undergrads- because our courses were postbacs-only they were very focused and medically relevant and we were able to form a real community as a class and to get to know our professors. It was a very difficult year- but I always felt supported and guided by the administrators, faculty, and my classmates

Just the bare essentials prerequisites for medical school: Two semesters of chemistry in the summer, a short math course, then two semesters of biology, organic chemistry, and physics, taken simultaneously. An MCAT preparation course was superimposed towards the end. If you had already taken one of the required courses, you were allowed to substitute it with something else (biochemistry, microbio a language class etc.). Since we were doing so much work in such a short period of time, the classes were quite intense and moved quickly. There was often quite a lot of homework. We had additional optional review sessions with TAs which were extremely helpful in keeping up with everything and our TAs were available all the time for private tutoring, reviewing exams, and going over the homework.
Honestly- it far exceeded all my expectations. I knew nothing about getting into medical school and I wish I'd been a little more educated about the MCAT and the application process and what I was getting myself into but Goucher really guided us through everything.
4) Something they would like to tell incoming students about your program If you get in, go!
It's a very competitive program- take the interview seriously. They tend to look for well-rounded students who really have the ability and desire to get into and make it through medical school.
6) Did it help you get into medical school/dental school/etc.?Yup. My class had a 100% acceptance rate
8) A rating from 1-5 (1 being the worst (no recommendation) to 5 (full recommendation) 5+

~Bubbles~
diary of a 3rd-year

Drexel IMS 2007-2008

Pros:
1. The number of med school classes that are offered.
2. The broadcasting and accessibility of the lectures online.
3. The accessibility of the professors and their willingness to help you.
4. Free tutoring, gym and counseling.
5. Great lecture note handouts.
6. The way that the curriculum is set up in modules is fantastic, in my opinion.

Cons:
1. Expense
2. The fact that we don't have live teachers (although I do not view this as very much of a con).
3. The building is kind of run down.
4. The medical ethics class is kind of a drag because you feel like you have so much other studying that you could be doing.

Pro or Con:
Philly - a lot of people think of this as a pro. However, there is some culture shock for people coming from the south or the west. But, of course, the city has a great night life, a good cultural scene, and plenty going on.

I don’t feel like the classes need a description since they are just regular medical school classes.
Med Classes:
Medical Biochemistry I and II, Medical Physiology I and II, Cell Biology and Microanatomy I and II, Medical Nutrition, Medical Immunology, Medical Neuroscience
Ethics Class:
Medicine and Society I and II

Something I wish I knew coming into the program:
I wish I knew how to study the best way possible for my own learning style. If you don't know, learn quickly, or you will find yourself struggling immediately. Also, use the tutoring. I didn't need so much help understanding the concepts; I just wanted someone to go over the info with me as many times as I wanted, without feeling like I was holding my friends back. I went from getting all Cs to getting mostly As when I started using the tutoring service.

Something I would like to tell incoming students about my program:
Prepared me spectacularly. I feel like I am going to have a huge leg up on other students in my first year class. I am filled with confidence going into my first year as opposed to being worried about it.

Tips for students applying to your program:
Don't be too concerned with the statistics of the percentages of people who get in, etc (even though Drexel's percentage is very high). If you do your work, and you get good grades, you have a very good chance of gaining admission to med school.

Did it help you get into medical school/dental school/etc.?
Yes! I got into my allopathic state school.

A rating from 1-5:

"there is some culture shock for people coming from the south or the west."

in what sense? born and raised in los angeles, and never got to travel much outside the state, let alone the country (never been out of it)

I attended this program 2006 till 2008 and am now attending medical school (an osteopathic school). I would strongly discourage anyone from going there, just ask NYMC for their statistics- only a hand full of their kids get into medical school. During my orientation week, a 2nd year told me to get back in my car and drive home because NYMC will make you work your ass off, but it doesn't mean anything because schools aren't familiar with the program. In addition, I wouldn't call it an "open" environment, Dr. Lerea will tell you many times that it's a small program and doors are always open- I've experienced and heard how often professors consider you to be an annoyance and will give you attitude. Medical students are their primary concern- you will play second fiddle.

Location: you're living next to a massive JAIL, bet they didn't tell you that. The hospital is next door- helicoptors are flying back and forth all night long. Sure NYC is 40 minutes South, but Westchester county is a large forest, with fox, geese, and deer- there's nothing THERE. The students in your class are competitive, you're under so much pressure to do well- it's impossible not to be. During my first semester there, Dr. Thompson told me that if I don't get straight As, to go home- they WANT you to be competitive. The building is tiny- you're sharing it with the medical school, the grad school, and public health school.

I did learn a lot. I considered the first year and a half to be fantastic- I loved what I was learning and I'm actually referencing it right now as a medical student. So that was Physio, Biochem, Histology, and pathology.
The last semester, Dr. Lerea's beloved Cell Bio class is... for those who are really interested in the most minute, most detailed movements of... I HATED it! If you're into research, then it's totally going to be your thing. However I always wanted to be a physician, and it was of little relevance to me.

That it was a really, really, bad decision. Most kids who go there, are already in NY. I happened to move from Chicago- flipped my life around for it, and they really couldn't care less. It's not a very open, friendly enviroment and I dare anyone to tell me otherwise. You've got to be tough throughout otherwise they'll treat you different. And the grad school is a totally different entity from the med school- your classes are in the evening, you're really only supposed to study in the cafe or the library, and you're not part of "school" events, you're not invited to the talent show, the halloween party, etc. That kinda sucked.

If you really feel like you must go, have a strong support system with you. I literally packed up and went by myself, and that was difficult. Even when my car battery died, the campus security told me that school policy dictated that they COULD NOT give me a jump (?)- and I was parked on school property, in the middle of no where. Also, most of the students have jobs since the classes are in the evening- which might mean you're stuck there for the summer as well. AND please have a car, the B line runs like twice a day- it gets really cold there.

I don't think it's difficult to get in? But it is difficult to graduate- they're not messing around, you don't earn a B average and you're not graduating. And getting a B average is not an easy task (especially when you're also retaking the MCATs, applying to medical schools, writing a thesis, going to work, and missing everything you used to have in your life).

It's hard to say. I got into medical school but I didn't graduate the program- figure that one out for me?

VISIT before you move there!!!

1- don't go. Especially because- well just ask your advisors, your peers, medical schools- no one is familiar with it, no one is gonna care. Hell, go to the website- in this day and age, I ask you how can a website be so bad? Seriously, how much real information did it give you? Did it offer you any help with any of the courses? Any pictures? does it mention the enormous jail next door? or maybe the adjacent juvi? the halfway house? the resident skunk? Also, Valhalla has no Starbucks (how could that be? well visit, and you'll understand).

it must really suck if you took the time to write out this long, detailed review.

There have already been some great posts about the MAMS Program at Loyola. I just want to add that I and a number of my former MAMS classmates not only got into med school, but got into our first choice med schools. Those of us who got into our first choices tended to want to go to our state schools, although UCLA, UNC, OHSU and U.Wisconsin, just to name a few, are some pretty strong programs. Also, I think the acceptance rate for Loyola MAMS grads, for allo and osteo total, is over 80%.

Can anybody give any information on Mississippi College's Medical Sciences program? I was accepted for the Spring 2009 semester and would like anybody's thoughts on the program who has already completed it or in it right now. Thanks.