recovery vs. post-op tech assistant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sumple

Reaction score
I'm looking to volunteer at a spay/neuter drive. I am not a vet tech. There are two different job descriptions I'm looking at one says "recovery" and the other "post-op tech assistant". What will I likely be tasked with in either case?

Members don't see this ad.

This is a question to send to those in charge of running the spay/neuter drive. Not Internet strangers that don't know how the drive is set up or operated.

Reactions: 7 users
Well, you never know when a stranger might actually have something helpful to say :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm looking to volunteer at a spay/neuter drive. I am not a vet tech. There are two different job descriptions I'm looking at one says "recovery" and the other "post-op tech assistant". What will I likely be tasked with in either case?

This is a question to send to those in charge of running the spay/neuter drive. Not Internet strangers that don't know how the drive is set up or operated.

I second this. Why not email the clinic directly? That would be the most logical way. You certainly shouldn't make a decision on our guesses.

They sound similar enough that I would not presume to know what this specific employer would want from you in each position. Just email the people in charge - that should be easy enough, right?

Reactions: 1 users
Well, you never know when a stranger might actually have something helpful to say :)

No this is currently what drags society down. Everyone getting advice from Facebook, reddit, random Internet forums, etc. Instead of asking the source directly.

We can give general advice on vet med, what it is like, application process, opinions on stats and things.

But asking us to know what task a job wants of you based on a title is silly. Your best resource is the company doing the project. I guess, I don't comprehend the thought process of... "I'm going to help this company but I'm not sure what they want. ..let me go ask the Internet" My immediate reaction would have been to send an email directly to the people putting on the spay/neuter program, it would have never crossed my mind to ask the Internet.

Reactions: 8 users