Renal application thread '08-09 version

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Applied to 60 programs.
Almost all downloaded except 5-6 programs.
Number of interviews : 0:mad:
Number of rejections : 0
Mailbox still empty.

Did any of the IMGs got interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

IMG applied to 70 plus, one rejection , no interviews yet.

interviews at maine med ctr and brown univ so far...let's keep hoping for good news!

Members don't see this ad :)
:confused:Hi ,IMG from University program,on H1 Visa
applied to 20 PG so far after calling them to check visa status.
ZERO messages,No IV,No rejections.
For all those with IV, can you tell us if you are IMG or AMG, that can help.
keep my fingers crossed,:scared:

HI Guys,

I'm an IMG... trained in the UK. Doing my IM Residency at a medium sized University affiliated Hospital. So so USMLE scores and some research background. Strong letters. Hope that helps.

Hi guys,
I'm a brand new member on his thread.Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun to share each others' IVs or rejections.

I'm an IMG too... from a Community Hospital.

I have 1 interview so far...from Brown Univ.

Heard from St Louis Univ today but neither a call nor a rejection.Was a courtesy email that they are reviewing applications. Did anybody have any luck with St Louis?

Keep sharing ur experiences.

Good luck to all of us.

Hi Guys I am new to the forum. I am an IMG from a university program , applied to 50+ programs. Have some research, 2 publications , good recs , average usmle scores . Got my first rejection today from Mount Saini NY.
Havent heard from anyone else. Am keeping my fingers crossed!

Hey renalperson,

Really surprised to hear that you got a rejection from Mt Sinai.

Seems like you do have good credentials.

Hopefully, you'll start getting calls from other good programs soon.It's still too early to expect IV calls. Most programs start sending out calls starting January. Lets hope for the best.

God bless the beans!

Boston University (BMC) is sending out emails for interviews....

Has anyone got interviews from New York yet??

Good to see other budding nephrons on here. Still waiting to hear from some programs, but so far interviews at:
1) U Pitt
2) Mt Sinai
3) MGH/BWH
4) UPENN

no word from west coast. any word on other programs in NYC?

Hello All,

Talking about Boston ...any idea about the BIDMC/Harvard program in Boston?

Anything from how good or reputed it is for research (or generally anything) to faculty ...would be helpful.

Would help if someone could place it as a very competitive or not based on their knowledge.

I forgot to apply there but want to get a sense before I do.

Any idea about these programs and how competetive they are

Uni of South Florida
Uni of south carolina
Mt Sinai
Medical college of Georgia

Dear Dmdoc,

Welcome to renal thread. Did you get interview from those places?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi - I'm an US grad, and I'm thinking of applying next year as a PGY3 for renal. I am a PGY2 in a university program in NY and have not done any research or anything renally special. I have average board scores and I believe I will have decent letters. Does anyone know how difficult it would be to get a position in CA without having connections there? I am not from CA, but my sig other is and I will be joining him there after I graduate. Does anyone think that applying after several years of working affects one's chances?

Thanks. And good luck with the process.

Hi dmdoc,

Congrats for getting those interviews. USF is ok program. I heard they prefer to take internal candidates. 2 and 3 are very good programs and very competitive. No idea about 4. Good Luck!

Appreciate if you could let us know about your credentials.

I also applied to those programs except 1. But no luck so far. No IVs for me so far:mad:. May be because of my average credentials.

Good Luck!

Thanks
I got IV from these places.Do u know anything about them?
Hi Dmdoc
Congrat.....................Would you mind sharing your credentials?I applied those programs too.Rejection from Mt Sinai and south Carolina University.But no response from university of south florida and medical college of georgia.
Looks like you are in good position.
Good luck to all of you who are active in this forum.:)

Last edited:
Hi Chhatkuli -IMG,community prog with university afffliation,doing research for 6 months with no published publications yet,good LORs (not excellent),lower 90 scores

Hi KidneyDoc - most of them take from their program-thats universal,rest of us have to compete

Rejection from Mayo:( but again I am IMG, community program!

I received my 2nd IV call today from Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland.

Any luck for any of you guys from other programs yet?

It looks like the IV calls are pretty spread out and not uniform.(meaning most of the programs that have invited people on this thread for an interview so far happen to be very different for different applicants).

Probably, it's going to slow down a little bit until first week of January due to holiday season.

Good luck you guys.

God bless the beans!

I think there is no chance for people with average credentials. Nephrology became so competitive these days.

2 rejections so far.:mad:
0 interviews.:scared:

Good Luck all of you guys.

i agree with you , 3 rejections so far, no interviews. comeptetion is intense, did not expect this much for renal.

Good luck to all of you , happy holidays

i agree with you , 3 rejections so far, no interviews. comeptetion is intense, did not expect this much for renal.

Last edited:
Hi friends!

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Still no luck for me.

Now ERAS is closed and I hope more programs will offer interviews from early Jan.

Good Luck to all you.

2 more invites today, UMDNJ-RWJ and Kaiser in California. Let's keep hoping for good news.

2 more invites today, UMDNJ-RWJ and Kaiser in California. Let's keep hoping for good news.

Got an invite from UMDNJ-RWJ in camden,heard that they have only 1 spot.Are u taking about the same program because there is one more in NJ

Got invites from Henry Ford and UMDJN - camden ,NJ

Atlast I got one interview today:D from Henry Ford, Detroit. I hope everyone would get more interviews in Jan. Happy New Year!

Not a good Q though,
When they ask abt desinging an study,does it have to be a prospective/RCT or can it be a retrospective or literature review/review article.
Most of the topics I am interested in can be done as chart review...literature review and they are all simple.
Hope it doesnot sound too lame

Please answer

Any idea about Tulane U & Jefferson Medical College/Christiana Care Health Services .Got invites

Other invites so far:
UCSF
Wash U
Tufts
Hopkins

Still no word from Columbia or Cornell- has anyone heard anything from them yet?

Hi Plexus

Congrats for those IVs. Appreciate if you could share your credentials. thanks.:)

Last edited:
Rejection from U of Wisconsin

Invite from Wayne State

Other invites so far:
UCSF
Wash U
Tufts
Hopkins

Still no word from Columbia or Cornell- has anyone heard anything from them yet?

Hi Podocyte,
Congrats,you have invites from big guns,probably your credentials are superb.

can anybody post some details on these programs. I know everyone talks about their location in one of the worst areas. What about the fellowship program there?

Received interview calls from Penn State and Wayne State.

Does anybody know how Penn State University is in terms of academic environment and workload?

I hope interview calls start flooding now with the end of holiday season.Good luck to everybody.

Keep sharing your interviews/rejections/credentials.

God bless the beans!

Hi pplz,

Interviews at:
Boston University
Baystate Medical Center, MA
New York University

Does anyone know about Baystate and New York University?

Thx and good luck to everyone.

Invites from
UAB
Wayne state
Tulane
Bay state

Any info about these programs

can anybody post some details on these programs. I know everyone talks about their location in one of the worst areas. What about the fellowship program there?

Hi Lararenal

Not exactly sure about the programs,probably Wayne state is better.I have interviews there,Henry Ford in Feb.You are right about the places.Will let you know if I hear anything.
Did you get an email from Henry Ford PD regarding a research topic power point presentation?

Hi all,

Received 3 Interview calls the other day from:
1) NYU
2) UAB
3) Albert Einstein/Jacobi

I do know that NYU and UAB are pretty good programs. UAB is probably going to be my first choice!

Any idea how Albert Einstein is?

Good luck to all the budding nephrologists.

Good bless the beans !

Any idea about Texas A&M Medical center, Temple.
They are interviewing only on 1 day .Not sure if I can make it but wanted to know about the program.

Also does any body has an idea about roughly how many interviews does one have to attend to have a fair chance of matching.I know it again depends on how the interview goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.