Renal Fellowship Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AJM

SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is for all you folks applying for renal fellowships this year. Feel free to discuss. :D

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone got an interview offer from any college for Nepro fellowship.Plz. tell me

Applied to 12, 4 interviews so far 2 weeks in... Is it unusually this slow this year? Or can I expect those to be rejections and work with the ones I have? Apparently my home program's PD told us that because of ERAS, they have observed significant increase in the number of apps this year, is it longer for different programs to dish out the interviews? Anyone else in similar situation?

It's absolutely pain in the butt because I have applied to multiple programs in the same region, heard from one but waiting from others - going to be very time consuming to travel if I have to travel more than once.

Members don't see this ad :)
ambidoc said:
That's right
I am H1B, and all 4 programs that interview me so far should do H1B.

Hi

Does anyone know if univ. of Louisville (kentucky) offers H1 visa.

Renovar said:
I am H1B, and all 4 programs that interview me so far should do H1B.

Even I am H1-B but waiting for H1 programs for interview. Can u tell me which h1 programs u have interviwed so far

ambidoc said:
Even I am H1-B but waiting for H1 programs for interview. Can u tell me which h1 programs u have interviwed so far

UAB, UIC, wayne state, Brown sent the first invites !!!

Good luck

netizen said:
UAB, UIC, wayne state, Brown sent the first invites !!!

Good luck

Hi

R U talking of nephro fellowship interviews

Thanks

ambidoc said:
Hi

Thanks

Yes

Good luck

Any DO's applying?

ambidoc said:
CAn you give me ur e-mail id or any other contact number

Thanks

Hey

I am applying for pulmonary and critical care, But couple ofmy friends are applying for nephro.. They are the ones who got the interviews

GL

Members don't see this ad :)
ambidoc said:
Hi

Thanks

Came back from Penn, Columbia and Stanford... Vandy and Sinai scheduled in Jan.

I have just began my interviews for renal fellowship and am wondering if any of your guys have interviewed at the following programs and what your thoughts were:

U of minnesota
Hopkins Bayview
Brown
Henry Ford
U of louiseville

Appreciate any input

any insight into the following programs:
cedars/wlava
kaiser sunset
ucsd

any info on the renal fellowship at university of virginia?

Took an offer at Penn. I am done with the process, and can let out a sigh of relief.

Renovar said:
Took an offer at Penn. I am done with the process, and can let out a sigh of relief.

Congrats! Did they just offer it to you at the interview or did you have to wait to find out? Did you do your residency at Penn?

What is the typical interview season for nephro?

alpo said:
What is the typical interview season for nephro?
December and January is when the interview action is the heaviest. Offers will start in early January. Most good programs will fill by Febuary.

Atlas said:
Congrats! Did they just offer it to you at the interview or did you have to wait to find out? Did you do your residency at Penn?
Program director called me about 2 weeks after the interview and asked me how I liked their program, and after exchanging some pleasantries he told me over the phone that they would like me there. And no I did not do my residency there.

lets start 2008 fellowship renal application

programs downloading applications tomorrow 12/1/06. will update if I get any interview call.

Got an interview from St John in Detroit on Dec 1st.. Post your nephrology invites here.. Will update.

I'm new to this forum, also applying for Nephro. ..so far nothing, nada, zit, nic.....will update.

i am new to this forum. i am applying for nephro. so far nothing.

hi,
i got iv from albereinstein jacobi program .any insight abt this program

got 1 invite so far from Montefiore. Any more replies so far guys?

I also got an interview at Montefiore NY...

Did they call you from Montefiore. Have you recieved invite in the email or ERAS yet. I have only recieved phone call from them. When is your interview date?

Got a phone call and e-mail... january... what about u?

Mine is in December. Any other interviews so far?

Anyone heard from any programs in the southeast. All my programs have downloaded my info, but I have not heard anything. Do they typically let you know if they do not want to interview you?

no... only 1 so far.

any one got iv or rejection form university of alabama birmingham

yeh i got rejection from alabama

When did you get the rejection. I have not recieved any reply from them. They downloaded all my stuff though. Anybody got interviews from UAB?

hey guys i got interview from alabama. i am ecited about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got another one UPMC today...

Nothing new for me. No interviews or rejections. :(

hello,
anybody got mails from the programs informing us that they are reviewing the applications?
rejection from alabam on friday

hello,
anybody got mails from the programs informing us that they are reviewing the applications?

hello,

hello,

got a rejection from MS NY today

How come the forum is not catching up.
Cmon.
Rej from Mt Sainai NY
None yet
Also do all progs need MSPE , i havent sent mine yet

hi guys new to forum.
No interviews/rejections till far

Again nothing new for me. No interviews or rejections. What's goin on? How many of you are looking for H1B visa for fellowship? Do you think programs notify always if no selected for interviews?

stanford for me today