Research experience as part of paid work on ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Worked 5+ years as a clinical research coordinator at a university. Involved in multiple discreet projects, most in collaboration with outside groups / centers / PIs. Most also resulting in publications, some first author.

My inclination is to list the work position and for description state: "please see descriptions of individual research projects" and then list each major project as a separate research experience. But I do not want to create the impression of padding. Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I would list all of them but not in boring details. Make it simple so the reader entertain rather than search for info he is trying to get from your CV. You may include links to your articles if they want more details.

I'd just list as one research experience and (briefly) list the different projects you worked on. Many people work on multiple projects when working with a research group or mentor. They all fall under the same umbrella though of a single "research experience".

Something like... "I worked as clinical research coordinator at SCHOOL NAME under the direction of MAIN PI for 5 years. Research work involved multiple projects including (i) (ii) (iii) (iv). This work resulted in X publications in X journals including. This research was presented at X conferences. I received X grant and X scholarship, blah blah blah.

^ This is what I ended up doing. I think you're right, it makes more sense to delineate the projects within the single experience. Thanks for the replies.