Resetting the monetary system

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There isn't enough Gold in the ground to allow the manipulation of the monetary system which the major world powers now engage in. There is a finite amount of Gold which means fiscal restraint and a monetary system which is not easily manipulated by any one country.

Must I remind you that getting this new gold out of the ground is fairly expensive with the most recent figures of about $1200 per ounce of Gold. How much does it cost to print a Billion US dollars on paper vs mining a billion dollars of Gold?

having a limited supply of gold that is hard and expensive to get out of the ground are not points in it's favor

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
There isn't enough Gold in the ground to allow the manipulation of the monetary system which the major world powers now engage in. There is a finite amount of Gold which means fiscal restraint and a monetary system which is not easily manipulated by any one country.

Must I remind you that getting this new gold out of the ground is fairly expensive with the most recent figures of about $1200 per ounce of Gold. How much does it cost to print a Billion US dollars on paper vs mining a billion dollars of Gold?
Crazy as it sounds, all we'd need to do to completely destroy the world economy if it were gold-based would be to mine a single asteroid, which is actually becoming a rapidly feasible possibility. Platinum and gold are rare on the ground, but in space that **** is everywhere. There's more gold and platinum in some X-class asteroids than we've ever pulled out of the ground in all of humanity's history combined, and a lot of eyes in the private space industry are looking at bringing one of these rocks into earth orbit and mining it as a very profitable venture. Even the low estimates would put profits in the hundreds of billions, with the potential for trillions to be made (while simultaneously likely depressing the price of all precious metals in the process, but not by enough to offset profits).

Reactions: 1 user