Rosalind Franklin BMS 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should we attend BMS?

• Yes

Votes: 42 68.9%
  • NO

Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question for everyone. How do I send my official MCAT score to RF? I can't find them as an option in the MCAT THx. Thanks in advance

Umm, that wasn't my question. My question was how long does it normally take from verification to decision?
'Verified' does not even mean complete, FYI. I called the office, after all of everything was "verified" and all of my little arrows were green, but turns out my app WAS NOT complete and I was missing an update about which courses I am currently taking. Call the office. Call them multiple times. And make sure to ask "Is my application complete?".

^thanks for that. This is sort of frustrating. Seems like this process is a lot more convoluted than I thought.

By 'complete', do you mean 'verified?'

I don't remember there being a "verified" last year, only "complete," "screening," "decision (accepted/rejected/waitlist)." But it sounds like they've made some changes to the application process, so I'm not sure of the specifics this cycle.

And rfucas was a pain in the ass for me as well
agreed. i'm getting the feeling that rfucas is separate from rfu itself, since my application has been 'verified' online, but today i got an e-mail from rfu saying they have received my application, and it is being 'verified' again?? what the heck lol

Yeah rfucas is just an application service has nothing to do with the actual school. I had an issue getting my transcript cleared but straightened it out the end of December.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just try and call RFUMS and clear it out. It's hard to get a hold of them though

Has anyone been accepted to this program thus far? If so, can you post your stats? RFUCAS has been such a problem for me, and even though I literally had everything done back in December, I was not marked complete until today.

I was accepted last week. 3.7 sPA/3.79cGPA 10 PS/10 VR/11BS 31 MCAT. Complete early January

Has anyone been accepted to this program thus far? If so, can you post your stats? RFUCAS has been such a problem for me, and even though I literally had everything done back in December, I was not marked complete until today.
same story, lol. I got verified first, then verified again, and finally complete.

now it's going to take 4-6 weeks more? sigh.

I completed my application in January, but I'm still not "verified"! :(

I was accepted last week. 3.7 sPA/3.79cGPA 10 PS/10 VR/11BS 31 MCAT. Complete early January
Wow your stats are awesome. If you don't mind me asking, why did you even do a post-bacc as opposed to applying to med school this cycle? Your GPA and MCAT beat so many of my friends who have gotten in this cycle.

same story, lol. I got verified first, then verified again, and finally complete.

now it's going to take 4-6 weeks more? sigh.
What are your stats? I'm starting to worry now that I do not have a shot, though I have been accepted at three other programs.

I got a DUI and MIC a few years back, figured I need to show the adcoms I'm serious about med school. I also took MCAT late so my app was a lil late. Also been out of school for a year already so I'm ready to go back to school

I got a DUI and MIC a few years back, figured I need to show the adcoms I'm serious about med school. I also took MCAT late so my app was a lil late. Also been out of school for a year already so I'm ready to go back to school
But I have heard that an early app can really make or break someone. So we shall see. Best of luck to you, I'm sure everything will work out!

But I have heard that an early app can really make or break someone. So we shall see. Best of luck to you, I'm sure everything will work out!
Thanks man. I think I'm gonna do Tulane MS in pharmacology think I'd rather be in floods than shovel my car out of snow

Thanks man. I think I'm gonna do Tulane MS in pharmacology think I'd rather be in floods than shovel my car out of snow
I applied to the Tulane SMP, through cell and molecular bio not pharm. We shall see what happens there. What kind of undergrad institution did you attend, a rig/highly selective one?

What are your stats? I'm starting to worry now that I do not have a shot, though I have been accepted at three other programs.
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/Degreeprograms/BiomedicalSciences/Class.aspx

If your stats are close to those in the link above (~3.1/3.3 s/cGPA, ~27 MCAT) then you'll be average for the class.

3.0s/3.3c and my MCAT is May 22. I applied with my GRE which was in 68% percentile.

You should be fine. Your GPA is about average for BMS and your GRE is likely not too far off. If your MCAT comes out in the ~70th percentile (28-29?) then it'll be close to average also. You also said you've been accepted to other programs, so I wouldn't worry, you probably have a good application overall.

http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/Degreeprograms/BiomedicalSciences/Class.aspx

If your stats are close to those in the link above (~3.1/3.3 s/cGPA, ~27 MCAT) then you'll be average for the class.

You should be fine. Your GPA is about average for BMS and your GRE is likely not too far off. If your MCAT comes out in the ~70th percentile (28-29?) then it'll be close to average also. You also said you've been accepted to other programs, so I wouldn't worry, you probably have a good application overall.
Thank you! Yeah, I have been accepted to LECOM, Midwestern and Rutgers. Chicago is where I really want to be, but I guess I shouldn't be picky.

Reactions: 1 user
I know that the deadline to apply is in June, but since it is rolling admission is it much, much harder/pretty much too late to apply? I've just made the decision to apply and I think I should have my app ready by April

3.2 sGPA, 32 MCAT

I know that the deadline to apply is in June, but since it is rolling admission is it much, much harder/pretty much too late to apply? I've just made the decision to apply and I think I should have my app ready by April

3.2 sGPA, 32 MCAT
Last year my application wasn't finished until mid-April. I got in through the wait list.

Thanks for the response!

How long was everybody's Personal Statements? There wasn't any limit stated. I was thinking about two pages, double spaced, since that what most other comparable programs require

Thanks for the response!

How long was everybody's Personal Statements? There wasn't any limit stated. I was thinking about two pages, double spaced, since that what most other comparable programs require
My statement was about a page and 1/5 single spaced. And I also submitted my SOP which was similar in length. Make sure to really write that diversity statement well, I have a feeling it's probably important since a lot of other schools don't have one.

My statement was about a page and 1/5 single spaced. And I also submitted my SOP which was similar in length. Make sure to really write that diversity statement well, I have a feeling it's probably important since a lot of other schools don't have one.

^Wait the wording of your response confused me. You had PS, SOP (statement of purpose? ) and diversity statement?

Checking the app, they only have two essays PS (with two parts) and the diversity statement. I'm guessing that by SOP you are referring to the second part of the personal statement?

^Wait the wording of your response confused me. You had PS, SOP (statement of purpose? ) and diversity statement?

Checking the app, they only have two essays PS (with two parts) and the diversity statement. I'm guessing that by SOP you are referring to the second part of the personal statement?
Actually, no. I submitted my Personal Statement AND a separate Academic SOP, which accomplished two different goals. And then the Diversity Statement. Maybe overkill, but whatever haha.

I'm not accepting the program offer. I hope one of you guys can take my spot!

Check your junk folder for some reason CMS lands in my junk box lmao

First round of acceptances to CMS went out today. I know of at least 12* people who got in, but there might be more. For all prospective BMSers, I'll do my best to keep the numbers updated as they become clear and I'm sure more people will come on here and share their stories/numbers as they hear over the next few months.

Last edited:
Do you have to get your transcript validated if you are applying from Canada?

Hi everyone,

I am just finishing my application. There are numbers of questions:
I am applying from Canada I have validated my transcript and everything and the institute send me an email saying my transcript was sent to RFU. However, RFU did not confirm that they have received my transcript. Do I need to ask them? they do not seem to answer emails on time. Also so you think should I send a new transcript from my school?
My application is somewhat strong, with lots of achievements and EC's plus the research experience which I am working on right now and tons of good volunteer works. My GPA is also above their class average. However my MCAT is not something that I am impressed about. I am studying for MAY 22 MCAT. But I am not sure if they will accept me based on my previous MCAT? I have already told them I am taking the new MCAT (no response yet). Overall, Do you think how long it is going to take from the day I complete my application to get accepted/ rejected/ wait-listed? How much is it important to apply early? I am just waiting for 1 letter of recommendation to launch my application to RFU.

Probably 2-4 weeks to get a response, if it is that low of an MCAT and you told them you are retaking it, you'll probably land on the wait-list. Applying early or late won't make or break you, but obviously earlier may be slightly less stressful. Good luck on your MCAT!

Probably 2-4 weeks to get a response, if it is that low of an MCAT and you told them you are retaking it, you'll probably land on the wait-list. Applying early or late won't make or break you, but obviously earlier may be slightly less stressful. Good luck on your MCAT!
Thanks very much. I really want to go to RFU. It is my dream.... Hope all goes well. Do you know if it is possible to get accepted into BMS with a low MCAT? I know I have to have a high solid MCAT for their CMS program.

First round of acceptances to CMS went out today. I know of at least 7* people who got in, but there might be more. For all prospective BMSers, I'll do my best to keep the numbers updated as they become clear and I'm sure more people will come on here and share their stories/numbers as they hear over the next few months.
Hi, where they all from the BMS program? Can you get their stats? I would like to know what percentage from bms get in this year. 2013 was 70% and 2014 was 50-60%. I hope it goes up this year.

Hi, where they all from the BMS program? Can you get their stats? I would like to know what percentage from bms get in this year. 2013 was 70% and 2014 was 50-60%. I hope it goes up this year.
I should have clarified, this was the first round of CMS acceptances from the BMS program. External applicants have been getting into CMS for months. As for the BMS acceptance rate, it's way too early to tell. Historically, the vast majority of BMSers get in toward the end of the year, after the last neuro exam. Then usually there's some additional movement in the summer. So, we won't have a good idea of the final numbers for a while.
Regarding stats, I don't know everyone's grades or AMCAS profile who got in, but it seems like most people who got in the first wave had all A's or high B's in BMS courses. I'd speculate that their MCATs were also good, but I can't say for sure for everyone. Obviously, if anyone else has more information or feels that I've misrepresented something, let me know.