Roseman University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moonwake

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The application has been up as of a week ago! I just applied... Now all I can do is wait... :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I was in your shoes once. =) Start practicing those interview questions, it really does help.

I'm still working on my application... very slowly. But I'll have it done by the beginning of September. I'm actually really excited.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in your shoes once. =) Start practicing those interview questions, it really does help.
thanks for the heads up. Yeah interview anxiety... by the way do they have interviews at both campuses or is it all done in henderson?

They will basically give you a list of interview dates and you will choose. There should be even amounts at both campuses. When you get accepted you are then given a choice where to attend. I interviewed in Utah but will be attending at the Nevada campus.
Good Luck Everyone

Anyone else have everything sent in just waiting for a call or email?

submit it on 08/28 :) and got the e-mail back from school on 09/3

Members don't see this ad :)
Roseman will be sending emails to some people for interviews this month. Cross your fingers!!

I can't wait. I'm worried because I barely took the PCAT on 09/24 so I hope they mail the official score report in time for me to even be considered a candidate for the initial interviews. How long did it take for your official score to be sent after you took the exam? I know it states that it will be within 5 weeks, but does it usually take the whole 5 weeks?

I can't wait. I'm worried because I barely took the PCAT on 09/24 so I hope they mail the official score report in time for me to even be considered a candidate for the initial interviews. How long did it take for your official score to be sent after you took the exam? I know it states that it will be within 5 weeks, but does it usually take the whole 5 weeks?

Yeah unfortunately it took almost 5 weeks exactly. I don't know why the wait is so long. I took my test on July 18, and they received it on Aug. 30th. So it was 5 weeks basically. The wait is really annoying. I don't think I have heard of someone taking the September PCAT and getting an interview in Nov. unless someone can contradict that, I heard they only interview a few people in Nov. though so it's not that bad. With applying to pharmacy school all you can do is wait and waiting sucks...

I submitted my pharmcas back in july and my supplemental back in mid august. Has any submitted everything and gotten an email confirming that all documents have been received? They cashed my check but did not email me to confirm anything

I submitted my pharmcas back in july and my supplemental back in mid august. Has any submitted everything and gotten an email confirming that all documents have been received? They cashed my check but did not email me to confirm anything

I received an e-mail a couple days after I sent out my supplemental. Maybe you should e-mail them and make sure your e-mail address is correct?

I received an e-mail a couple days after I sent out my supplemental. Maybe you should e-mail them and make sure your e-mail address is correct?

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. They're still "downloading PharmCAS applications" is what they said a few weeks ago when I called, whatever that means because I thought they were going to send an email when they get your PharmCAS. She didn't really answer me if you do or not. If they have received your supplemental though you should receive an email and I would definitely double check.

I'm still waiting for PharmCAS to verify my GPA, but I'm done with the supplemental application for Roseman. I don't know if I should wait or send it in. Any ideas? I'm hoping to at least get an interview invitation before the end of the year :scared:

Oh and I heard they got a new dean or something. I'm not sure. May be they're changing the whole process...

I'm still waiting for PharmCAS to verify my GPA, but I'm done with the supplemental application for Roseman. I don't know if I should wait or send it in. Any ideas? I'm hoping to at least get an interview invitation before the end of the year :scared:

Oh and I heard they got a new dean or something. I'm not sure. May be they're changing the whole process...

I heard about the Dean too. I wonder what will change as well. Supplemental application you should submit A.S.A.P. When they're done verifying your gpa, you should be done and they'll process your application and send it to the school about a week / a week and a half after they say your application is complete.

8/31 Congratulations!
You have successfully e-submitted your application to PharmCAS.

9/12 This is an automated notification regarding your PharmCAS application. Your application has now been Verified, and will be included in the next PharmCAS mailing to your designated pharmacy schools.

and they actually sent it on their website "mail date 9/17" I think they do it electronically so it comes instantly.

Have you guys received an email from Roseman saying they are processing your app? They only sent me a verification email after submitting my supplemental but i haven't received anything after my pharmcas app was sent.

Have you guys received an email from Roseman saying they are processing your app? They only sent me a verification email after submitting my supplemental but i haven't received anything after my pharmcas app was sent.

nope

Haven't heard anything about the new dean wanting to change the admissions process. Note that the move to PharmCAS happened before he got here.

Once the supplemental application is sent in, how long does it take for it to be processed and to hear back from them?

Once the supplemental application is sent in, how long does it take for it to be processed and to hear back from them?

I don't have exact dates but it was fairly quick (a few days-2 weeks)

Haven't heard anything about the new dean wanting to change the admissions process. Note that the move to PharmCAS happened before he got here.

Hey GoldenBear have you heard any changes in how they evaluate applicants since they're using PharmCAS now? or is it the same as when they only required the original application?

HI all for those who are attending at Roseman,
I submitted my secondary application and pharm CAS in early september, still haven't heard from the school. I am a bit nervous.
My status is:
Master degree GPA 3.9
Undergraduate GPA 3.2
PharmCAS GPA 3.25
PCAT 84%
Pharmacy experience: 2,5 years of volunteer pharmacy technician
Research expereince: 2.5 years of pharmacology research

I am not even sure i even have a shot due my low GPA.:xf:

I submitted my secondary application and pharm CAS in early september, still haven't heard from the school. I am a bit nervous.
My status is:
Master degree GPA 3.9
Undergraduate GPA 3.2
PharmCAS GPA 3.25
PCAT 84%

I think your stats are good. As long as you get an interview, you'll be able to sell yourself there. Don't be too nervous. Also, it's usually dependent on the strength of other applicants.

My status is:
Master degree GPA 3.9
Undergraduate GPA 3.2
PharmCAS GPA 3.25
PCAT 84%

Your PCAT is above the average and your masters degree GPA is high so I'm sure they will take that into consideration.

Call me crazy but my bet is they email invitations on either Oct. 15th or the 22nd. They always do it on a Monday and it has been on the 3rd week in Oct. the last 2 years. And the interview date for Nov will probably be Nov. 5 since that has always been on a Monday 3 weeks later as well. Will they repeat history again? :xf:

Last edited:
I think you're right moonwake. But I also have a question for you, if you don't mind. Was your official PCAT score the same as the preliminary score they hand you right after you take the test. I'm just curious because I'm still waiting on my official score and I want to know what to expect.

I think you're right moonwake. But I also have a question for you, if you don't mind. Was your official PCAT score the same as the preliminary score they hand you right after you take the test. I'm just curious because I'm still waiting on my official score and I want to know what to expect.

Mine was exactly the Same the official score just adds the writing score

I took it twice and both times it was the same but I'm not sure about everyone else.

To repeat what Pbx said, yeah it was the same. I'm assuming it always is?

Thanks pbx and moonwake. Thats good to know. I got a 92 but I took the test late September so I probably won't get a November interview. Are the next interviews after that in December?

Thanks pbx and moonwake. Thats good to know. I got a 92 but I took the test late September so I probably won't get a November interview. Are the next interviews after that in December?

Last year the dates were Nov 7, Jan 19, and Jan 24th. So I don't think there are any in December?

I just received an email stating that Roseman has received my supplemental; however, I never got anything about whether or not they received my Pharmcas. Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me.

I just received an email stating that Roseman has received my supplemental; however, I never got anything about whether or not they received my Pharmcas. Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me.

Same here.

Thank you for applying to the Roseman University College of Pharmacy! We deeply appreciate your interest in the pharmacy program offered on our Henderson, Nevada and South Jordan, Utah campuses. On behalf of the College, I am delighted to invite you to interview for the program. Please e-mail me as soon as possible (no later than October 31) to let me know if you accept this invitation and your first and second choices of the following interview campus locations and dates:

Campus Date
Nevada Monday, November 5

OR

Utah Thursday, January 24

OR

Nevada Tuesday, January 29

You must be present on campus by 1:45 pm to check in for the interview day. All of the interview days begin at 2:00 pm and it is expected that they will be completed by 6:15 pm. While many candidates should be finished with their interviews by 5:30 pm, it is possible that you may need to stay until after 6:00 pm.

The Admissions Office will do its best to assign you to the interview day that is your first choice. However, please understand that interview spaces are limited and candidates may be required to interview at a campus and date that is not their first choice. If you need an alternate interview date, additional interview days will be held in February and March Please note that campus interview location is for scheduling purposes only and does not determine or impact your admission status or enrollment location.

If you accept this invitation to interview, I will send you an e-mail confirming your interview campus location, date and directions to campus. Hotel information is available on request.

When you arrive on your assigned interview day, please have a photo I.D. such as a driver's license with you to check-in.

On the day of your interview, the Admissions Office will provide you with an orientation of the program, a tour of the facilities, and an opportunity to meet with current pharmacy students. Candidates are interviewed by a panel of two interviewers that will consist of a faculty member and a student from the College. Please feel free to ask the panel members any questions you have about the program. During the interview, the panel will assess your oral communication skills, ability to work within a team, leadership and problem-solving skills, motivation and professionalism. The panel expects to complete your interview within 30 minutes.

If you have any questions about the interview day or process, please feel free to contact me. The College administration, faculty and staff look forward to meeting you.

Highest Regards,

Michael DeYoung, RPh, PhD
Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs
Roseman University of Health Sciences
College of Pharmacy
(702) 968-2006

WOOO HOO!!!!

Congrats..when did u apply and send in your supplemental apps? I just sent mine in last week and got a confirmation email they received my supplemental

Congrats..when did u apply and send in your supplemental apps? I just sent mine in last week and got a confirmation email they received my supplemental

Thanks. Everything was turned in by the beginning of September (them receiving PharmCAS as well)
I think the major question is when was your PharmCAS delivered to Roseman.

My pharmcas was delivered to them on 8/8/12 but I didn't send my supplemental in until last week. I never got an email confirming they received my pharmcas though. did you?

My pharmcas was delivered to them on 8/8/12 but I didn't send my supplemental in until last week. I never got an email confirming they received my pharmcas though. did you?

Nope I didn't either, it sounds like they got it though if you sent PharmCAS in that early.

Thanks :) at least now we know they're starting to send interviews out. Hopefully I'll hear back soon..

Me too! When are you planning to go? I wish the November interview day was not on a Monday.

I live in Utah but I want my interview 2 1/2 months earlier.... (Who wouldn't?) So I picked the Nov. 5th date. I can't believe that's only 3 weeks away! I need to practice interviewing! So I assume you can't go on a Monday then?

Me too!!! Nice!!! Hey do they have Rollin admissions? I wanna do January but if they started accepting right after interviews it would be better to go nov does anyone know?. hhha congrats guys!!! Imma go nov too!!