Ross University Vet Prep August 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HollyLollipop

Hopeful C/O 2018
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got invited to the Vet Prep program today. I'm very excited considering my GPA and GRE score that I've been given a chance. Of course, I'm waiting to hear back from everywhere else I applied before making any decisions but its good to know that I definitely have an option!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!! I'm waiting to hear from Ross right now and I'm hoping for at least a vet prep decision because my GPA wasn't so hot. 3.21 overall, 3.0 prereq, and 2.87 advanced bio classes. I did pretty well on my GRE but Ross is my first choice so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message- I'm finishing up with vet prep right now. Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! I'm waiting to hear from Ross right now and I'm hoping for at least a vet prep decision because my GPA wasn't so hot. 3.21 overall, 3.0 prereq, and 2.87 advanced bio classes. I did pretty well on my GRE but Ross is my first choice so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Awesome! We are about the same GPA wise and I would even say my GRE didn't hit the pretty well mark so I think you have a great chance! Honestly, SGU is my number one but I won't say no to Ross if thats the only place that takes me!

Reactions: 1 user
I just got the call that I got vet prep too. Honestly I'm pretty disappointed. Although my GPA isn't fantastic, I thought my GRE score and experience would get me regular admission. Im not extremely fond of the idea of moving out of the country but I was considering it before. I'm just having a hard time with the fact that I'd have to spend an extra semester and $20,000. I'm 100% dedicated to becoming a vet but it almost seems as if it'd be better to defer and wait another year and apply again. Any advice from people currently at Ross? Has anyone heard of people getting bumped up into regular admission?

I just got the call that I got vet prep too. Honestly I'm pretty disappointed. Although my GPA isn't fantastic, I thought my GRE score and experience would get me regular admission. Im not extremely fond of the idea of moving out of the country but I was considering it before. I'm just having a hard time with the fact that I'd have to spend an extra semester and $20,000. I'm 100% dedicated to becoming a vet but it almost seems as if it'd be better to defer and wait another year and apply again. Any advice from people currently at Ross? Has anyone heard of people getting bumped up into regular admission?

I'm going to be starting VetPrep in January of this year and I'll be honest, I cried when I found out. I considered reapplying because I was wait listed at Tuskegee; and thought maybe vetprep would be a waste of money if I could have the chance to get in somewhere else. But then when I thought about it, as a NJ resident I am OOS everywhere. The $20,000 that I spend in VetPrep I would probably spend anyway on applications, interviews, and the increase in tuition rates so what's the point? I'm only getting older (not that I'm old at all) and tuition is only going up so why not just go?

And to be honest, I'm kinda glad that I made that decision. They chose me to do VetPrep for a reason. I've only met extremely talented doctors from Ross so obviously they wouldn't have recommended me to do VetPrep if it wouldn't benefit me. I never tried to get out of VetPrep. And I don't think I'll regret the decision either.

I'm going to be starting VetPrep in January of this year and I'll be honest, I cried when I found out. I considered reapplying because I was wait listed at Tuskegee; and thought maybe vetprep would be a waste of money if I could have the chance to get in somewhere else. But then when I thought about it, as a NJ resident I am OOS everywhere. The $20,000 that I spend in VetPrep I would probably spend anyway on applications, interviews, and the increase in tuition rates so what's the point? I'm only getting older (not that I'm old at all) and tuition is only going up so why not just go?

And to be honest, I'm kinda glad that I made that decision. They chose me to do VetPrep for a reason. I've only met extremely talented doctors from Ross so obviously they wouldn't have recommended me to do VetPrep if it wouldn't benefit me. I never tried to get out of VetPrep. And I don't think I'll regret the decision either.
Thanks for this :) it is a little disappointing to not get put straight into the program but I think that there is probably a good reason for it. I spent most of high school and college refusing to even try because I thought I wasn't smart enough to go to vet school. Having any chance now that I've admitted I really want it is a dream come true.

good info,I spent most of high school and college refusing to even try because I thought I wasn't smart enough to go to vet school,thanks
b8em6w

Hey Edin,
I just found out last night that I'm going to be starting out in vet prep in January. I'm excited, regardless of it being vet prep. I see it as a chance to get accustomed to studying abroad, and at least I got my foot in the door to accomplish a life goal. The fact that I cannot apply to federal loans for vet prep is a bit of a downer, but doable.

Does anyone know how long we have to make a decision? Someone told me 2 weeks after you get the call. I found out a week ago and haven't received the info packet in the mail. I'm still waiting to hear back from 6 schools so I'm hoping I don't have to pay a deposit next week to save my spot because I'm not sure how I feel about the vet prep decision yet.

Hi, I just got accepted, I am on the wait list for September , but is any spot opens I will take the January. Do you know any financial for the Vet prep, and how is it?

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message- I'm finishing up with vet prep right now. Congrats!
Hi, I just got accepted, I am on the wait list for September , but is any spot opens I will take the January. Do you know any financial for the Vet prep, and how is it?

Congrats! Feel free to private message me with any questions- "how is it" is kind of vague but if you have specific questions about the program feel free to ask away. I really enjoyed my experience though. As for financial matters, the vet prep semester is kind of weird because it's not considered graduate school yet so you are inelligible for federal loans and you will either need to pay out of pocket for it or take out a private loan. It was definitely a bump in the road but ultimately very worth it to me.

hiiii
Ok so I got accepted to vet prep and saw what you wrote. I dont know what to expect and Im partially scared lol
Qhat can you tell me about the program