Sackler 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I JUST GOT AN EMAIL SAYING I'M IN! I am SO psyched right now!!!!!!! :D

i thought acceptances were sent via snail mail, no? how did everyone else hear? and foes sackler send rejection letters or do they just silently reject you by never taking you off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

i thought acceptances were sent via snail mail, no? how did everyone else hear? and foes sackler send rejection letters or do they just silently reject you by never taking you off the waitlist?

who knows. every time you call the sackler office, they always tell you something different. can never really know what exactly is going on, just hope for the best i guess. acceptances/rejections might be delivered by singing telegram for all i know at this point. chances aren't looking that great though for wl'ed folks right now. i would guess they probably will send you a letter sometime after august saying thanks you are a really qualified applicant, but no thanks. wow that just sounded really bitter. oh well.

I got an email informing me that an acceptance letter was on its way. It also had a scanned acceptance document attached. No one will ever know why their responses aren't standardized (to keep you on your toes?), but if I applied as late as I did & got in now, I'm sure WLed people still have hope! Every year there are people who are accepted as late as July / even August. Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email informing me that an acceptance letter was on its way. It also had a scanned acceptance document attached. No one will ever know why their responses aren't standardized (to keep you on your toes?), but if I applied as late as I did & got in now, I'm sure WLed people still have hope! Every year there are people who are accepted as late as July / even August. Good luck!!

Yeah those e-mails from the Admissions Office are something over there. I wrote a letter to the school when they had already made their decision on me and didn't even bother to tell me instead simply writing "Thank you."

Hey I just wanted to wish all of you soon-to-be Sackler SOM students safe travels and the very best of luck! Though I'm thrilled to have been accepted to a US school, I'm a bit sorry that I won't be joining you all in Tel Aviv next month. Have a wonderful time, work hard and show us future US grads what Israel is made of in the 2015 match! Congrats! :thumbup::)

got waitlist letter in mail today... encouraging though, saying i am at the top of the list, and that they are strongly considering me, and "we have not forgotten you". etc etc things like that.

prayin and hopin for an acceptance

Just canceled my acceptance. Hope it helps one of you!

do you first years know when you start?

Last edited:
I just called the office and was told that letters should be going out in the mail "soon", and that people should be receiving them "in about a week". Anyone else still hoping to get in off the waiting list?

And what could these letters possibly be besides rejections? I doubt they would have empty spots and wait to send out acceptance off the waitlist....they would do it immediately- it's crunch time. My guess is that they are slimming down the waitlist as a courtesy since they know there is no chance that most of us will make it off the list.

That being said...let's hope for a batch of acceptances all around!

I hope you guys can join me next year- ill give u my notes!

Last edited:
You're right... and I'm really upset... I actually wish that if they were going to reject me that they'd do it outright, months ago, so that I wouldn't hang in this agonizing limbo, and so that I could make proper plans for what I'll be doing now--without that tiny little glimmer of hope that maybe I won't need those alternate plans. It's just really hard to focus...

Easy to say that now but had I asked you back then if you would like to be straight up rejected or would you like to stay on the waitlist with a 5-10% chance of getting in you would stay on anyway. It's a lose lose..but maybe end up being a win!!....or not? Exactly...

I'm a current sackler student... quite a few of my classmates were accepted days before orientation started so don't lose hope just yet.

:)

I received an acceptance via snail mail postmarked May 6th. I wish all of you the best of luck. Are any of you planning on being in Israel for the summer? I'm thinking of going to ulpan and seminary.

You applied in 2011, were accepted last year and reapplied and were accepted this year?? I am very confused.