Salary Differential

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not that this thread doesn't make my blood boil as much as it does for everyone else, but this person is ill informed and obviously never going to change that point of view. He/she wants to believe that vets are evil, and that's that. To the SDN vet regulars, if you're having fun arguing with this troll, keep at it, it can be fun. But if you're arguing to try and change this *****'s mind, it's never going to happen. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :)

LOL. I am just bored with studying neuro and trying to figure out how we are going to get a quantitive value for reflexes in the research lab in a couple of weeks. I keep hoping something will trigger some better ideas and thought maybe this thread would inspire me to hit the books again. So far, not doing it. Feeling much less of a need if they let someone that ignorant into human med.

Members don't see this ad.

poor Brody.... he would have been torn up and spit out in the med school threads, hence why he is over here stomping his feet and whining because vets get paid. Just horrible that someone could provide care for an animal and get paid. He is going in a profession where he doesn't charge...and yet, I am willing ot bet that he takes money! Amazing, the money he will get, it must be coming from the fortune tree, because it obviously never comes from the clients/patients.

I wish I knew what 12 places he worked, including his family's supposed practice. I would love to share all the great information he is providing for the public. Hmm....12 vet clinics, and he is in podiatry. I wonder why on earth he had to keep changing clinics? I mean, I would have thought 3-4 and he would have found one that he fit in with...... I would propose the common denominator, Brody, is the problem.

Lets ignore the fact that many of us also aren't in small animal practice....I guess we are suppose to work for free too...because that is what people like Brody want; vets to work for nothing so they don't have any costs to when as pet owners.

I did lose a lot of animals I loved, but it wasn't because we didn't have the money to save them, which is not the case for the majority of people with sick animals. THATS why I got out. Now you can dig on my current profession, that has nothing to do with the fact that we both own animals and they will be taken care of. Fact. Most people do not have that luxury, but you as a vet have the ability to adjust prices. Fact. Now justify telling me, or anyone, that their animal has to die because they cannot pay your steep price.

Which was why you're comparison of EOL issues was totally irrelevant.

No it was relevant. You compared completely different circumstances, changed some words around and made yourself feel better.
Here I fixed it for you:
Vet: Ms. Smith your HBC poodle will be $1500 or we can euth.
Ms. Smith: That's insane, I don't have that kind of money, kill it.

Dr.: Mr. Smith, you have cancer. It will cost you $50,000 for the initial treatments or we can euth.
Mr. Smith: That's insane, I don't have that kind of money, kill me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here, I've corrected this for you:
In veterinary medicine animals unfortunately die if they have traumatic, yet correctable, injuries because their owner is unwilling/unable to pay to provide them with appropriate care. It's a humane end to their suffering, delivered compassionately.

And, honestly, I'm failing to see why a veterinarian charging appropriately for their services is so dastardly evil. Are we supposed to go through 8+ years of education to just give away our expertise because someone doesn't like the cost?

Simply discuss the matter at hand. I'm certainly open to matters of opinion and changing my view. You seem like someone with experience, have a go at it..are you not aware of price gouging in the vet field? Do clinicians not make their own prices and vary estimates WIDELY? Discuss.

I am someone with experience. Furthermore, I have a fair amount of experience (and a strong interest) in the business side of vet med, so I've done a lot of reading on it and could really educate you on some things you proclaim to understand but are quite uninformed on. But I refuse to argue with someone when I know it's a futile exercise. You are already arguing with other people who have a great deal of experience in the same ways that I do and you refuse to listen to them. So no, I won't "discuss" this with you.

No it was relevant. You compared completely different circumstances, changed some words around and made yourself feel better.
Here I fixed it for you:
Vet: Ms. Smith your HBC poodle will be $1500 or we can euth.
Ms. Smith: That's insane, I don't have that kind of money, kill it.

Dr.: Mr. Smith, you have cancer. It will cost you $50,000 for the initial treatments or we can euth.
Mr. Smith: That's insane, I don't have that kind of money, kill me.

Which is where your ignorance of human medicine comes into play. If there is a viable treatment for Mr. Smith, insurance will pay for it. If there is a viable treatment for the animal, either the owner pays or the animal dies..

Which is where your ignorance of human medicine comes into play. If there is a viable treatment for Mr. Smith, insurance will pay for it. If there is a viable treatment for the animal, either the owner pays or the animal dies..

Unless that human doesn't have insurance.

I am someone with experience. Furthermore, I have a fair amount of experience (and a strong interest) in the business side of vet med, so I've done a lot of reading on it and could really educate you on some things you proclaim to understand but are quite uninformed on. But I refuse to argue with someone when I know it's a futile exercise. You are already arguing with other people who have a great deal of experience in the same ways that I do and you refuse to listen to them. So no, I won't "discuss" this with you.

I'm not arguing. You have a business side, I do not. Tell me what the potential solution is and I'm all ears. I'm not arguing with anyone aside from the fact that vets have a sliding scale of what they can and will charge. I don't think that's fair for the animal or the owner. And no, I don't think with that leverage (cost wise) vets deserve to be paid more than they do, or equal to human doctors. If you disagree, fire away.

Footman: I am sorry that you gave up your dream to become a veterinarian. I can see that you are so bitter and deeply wounded that you are acting out in a forum for pre-veterinary students. I do suggest you seeking the psychiatry forum as they may be able to assist you. THANKS! Good luck in school! :thumbup:

Last edited:
I did lose a lot of animals I loved, but it wasn't because we didn't have the money to save them, which is not the case for the majority of people with sick animals. THATS why I got out. Now you can dig on my current profession, that has nothing to do with the fact that we both own animals and they will be taken care of. Fact. Most people do not have that luxury, but you as a vet have the ability to adjust prices. Fact. Now justify telling me, or anyone, that their animal has to die because they cannot pay your steep price.

Fact. My mom has arthritis and no money. She has to keep working and the doctor keeps telling her to quit, but the bill needs to get paid. The doctor puts her on a free drug trial, she gets the placebo. She is in pain everyday, cries every night. And the doctor well hes on vacation this month and will be on another in two weeks. Where's the justice in that.

The difference is the person with the pet never thought about the responsibilties of having a pet. One of those is paying for the vet. My mom well she never bought her arthritis and can't trade in bodies with the shelter. So she can complain, the person who stupidly bought a dog and never saved money in a vet fund, shouldn't complain its their fault.

Mr. Smith does not have insurance. Maybe he doesn't even have a job. Now what?

He will walk into the hospital and get treated by law. Big brother foots the bill, which is the whole problem with human health care and why its in shambles. Now we're getting into human health care problems, a whole new topic.

You still don't get it. The vet who lowers his estimate isn't agreeing to do the same things at a lower cost. He's not changing the surgical fee, or decreasing the exam fee, he's cutting things off to make the procedure more affordable. You start by offering the gold standard of care - pre-surgical bloodwork, monitoring, pain medication, etc...it's malpractice not to offer it, and a lot of clients DO want it and are willing to pay for it. The cheaper estimates that are then presented when the owner balks eliminate the things that aren't absolutely necessary, and the vet doesn't do bloodwork, etc. They're not changing their fees, the fees stay the same. They're changing what services they provide. I don't understand what you think is wrong with this, since it IS working with the client to come to a compromise that allows for affordable patient care. If you think care is too expensive or that there's gouging going on, you clearly have no concept of what things actually cost the veterinarian. First you want us to work with clients to allow for affordable care, then you bash us for providing high estimates for expensive procedures.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know what's sad? Besides this lunatic's illogical musings on a topic she/he knows NOTHING about; is the fact that people uneducated in what really goes on in the veterinary profession (education levels, importance of vet med, costs etc etc) have the similar opinons. Hence the LOW salaries and HIGH debt to income ratio in the veterinary profession.:thumbdown:

Let's not all stoop to this troll's level by poking fun at his chosen profession. There will always be ignorant people in this world that believe they have the duty to make others feel less about themselves, so they can feel better about their own choices. I'm sure the folks in the psychology forum would be fascinated.

Last edited:
Fact. My mom has arthritis and no money. She has to keep working and the doctor keeps telling her to quit, but the bill needs to get paid. The doctor puts her on a free drug trial, she gets the placebo. She is in pain everyday, cries every night. And the doctor well hes on vacation this month and will be on another in two weeks. Where's the justice in that.

If its a properly designed clinical trial there is a cross over stage where she receives active drug after the outcome is reached. Otherwise, its an unethical trial and you deserve compensation.

Ok, so you say that the price for human medicine is just while the price for veterinary medicine is outrageous, lets look at it from a different angle, lets take the life out of the picture and just look at necropsies.

The price for a privately owned horse to get a necropsy, at the state lab that I work at, charges $125 for full necropsy including disposal, histopathology, immunology, virology, bacteriology, and toxicology. Granted this is subsidized by the state, but the non subsidized horse necropsies are $500 at most $800. I looked up how much a human autopsy was, and the least expensive is $5,000 and I bet you it is ala carte with the $5000 being the base. We are comparing a full grown man to a 1200 pound animal, that is almost ten times more tissue to be dealt with for ten times less money. Vets are grossly underpaid. You just don't realize it because you don't have to deal with the money issues in human medicine because you have insurance companies that take care of it for you. I think that you should go down to the slums of where ever you live and volunteer in the hospital there and see how many people get turned away from treatment because they don't have health insurance and can't pay, at least most vets do pro bono work.

I'm sorry, but you can't make sweeping arguments that the veterinary medical profession as a whole is corrupt and money hungry just because you had a few bad experiences in a SMALL animal hospital.

Do you know? Enlighten us..

ps. CNN is not a scholarly journal. Do some reading.

My mom is now recieving the real meds. Which aren't working, but she has to stay on them, she has no other choice. No money no other treatment, no other options, and the pain continues. She has been on the real med since August. Not to mention the biggest problem is her feet, but the doctor doesn't care he only cares about vital organs and her hands.

No it isn't. The debate is about alot of things one of the main ones being a high number of people not having insurance. Yes they have to help you when you are in an emergency, but no one takes over your bill. Unless if you can get help from some agency or the government. But by the time that happens you have debt collecters knocking on your door. And I can attest to that one.

...that's the difference.

To all of you who responded to my OP in a logical and intelligent way: Thank you.

To Brodiatrist: Head on back to your own board buddy. I'm sure there are some seriously hot topics and controversial ethical questions about feet.

Just take a step back and look at the difference between us. We study and help animals, those who cannot tell you when they are in immense pain, those who cannot help themselves. Animals, you know, birds, reptiles, mammals, fish. Thousands of different species. You, you study feet. One measly body part of one species. You are insane to come in here with your holier than thou attitude and your ludicrous and ignorant ideals. You call the vet profession greedy? Not one person on here is in this profession for the money. Helping animals is what we are passionate about. I find it just a little hard to believe you have a serious passion for feet.

To all of you who responded to my OP in a logical and intelligent way: Thank you.

To Brodiatrist: Head on back to your own board buddy. I'm sure there are some seriously hot topics and controversial ethical questions about feet.

Just take a step back and look at the difference between us. We study and help animals, those who cannot tell you when they are in immense pain, those who cannot help themselves. Animals, you know, birds, reptiles, mammals, fish. Thousands of different species. You, you study feet. One measly body part of one species. You are insane to come in here with your holier than thou attitude and your ludicrous and ignorant ideals. You call the vet profession greedy? Not one person on here is in this profession for the money. Helping animals is what we are passionate about. I find it just a little hard to believe you have a serious passion for feet.

Once and for all podiatry has nothing to do with this, it never did and never will. The fact is that vets are greedy because they get to control the price of their services, leading to animal deaths. This is a fact because I've been there to see it and I have background in vet medicine, which has nothing to do with my own profession.

What does have to do with human medicine is compensation, as the OP asked. Are vets entitled to the same pay as us, no. Why? They price gouge and its totally unethical, which is why we got out. To all of you wanting to save animals, I'm sure you will but remember you will never NEVER eqate to a human physician. Ever. It's apples and oranges to think that you can and will be compensated as we are. You kill. We save. You are predators of the sick, we are saviors. You are under the delusion that you love animals, yet enter a profession in which your greedy actions lead to their death.

Ashamed you should be, compensated you should not and will not.

Once and for all podiatry has nothing to do with this, it never did and never will. The fact is that vets are greedy because they get to control the price of their services, leading to animal deaths. This is a fact because I've been there to see it and I have background in vet medicine, which has nothing to do with my own profession.

What does have to do with human medicine is compensation, as the OP asked. Are vets entitled to the same pay as us, no. Why? They price gouge and its totally unethical, which is why we got out. To all of you wanting to save animals, I'm sure you will but remember you will never NEVER eqate to a human physician. Ever. It's apples and oranges to think that you can and will be compensated as we are. You kill. We save. You are predators of the sick, we are saviors. You are under the delusion that you love animals, yet enter a profession in which your greedy actions lead to their death.

You kill, we save? Are you kidding?
If that was true, there'd be no such thing as malpractice insurance for doctors.
And how many cases of athletes foot do you have to treat before you can count it as a life saved?
How can you say they arent comparable and then make a statement like that?

You do realize that doctors and hospitals set their own prices, right?
Ever heard of someone's insurance not being accepted somewhere? Since I'm sure you haven't I'll explain. I once had good insurance. Then I lost it and had crappy insurance. My doctor wouldn't see me because of my insurance because *gasp* her prices were too high. Even though I worked at a hospital, I couldn't be seen by doctors in that hospital because *once again* their prices were too high, and they would not see me for the amount my insurance would pay. If a patient walks into a doctor's office without insurance or a $500 bill you can bet they will be told to turn around and head out that door.

I've had to explain this to med students twice today. Terrifying.

So you save lives a lot as a podiatrist (NOT a doctor) I take it?

:poke:
Why should we be ashamed? Because veterinary health insurance isn't as big a factor as in human medicine? Because you had bad experiences at some clinics, so therefore everyone one here is the bad guy?

I think the biggest issue here is that you have a problem with euthanasia. Yes, vets have the power to kill - but that power is used to lessen suffering. You'll find many in human med that wish they could do the same - and human patients, too.

:corny:

Apparently, since Brody speaks from extensive experience, his family has, as vets, gouged a lot of people (cause that is what vets do) and have always had top of the line insurance, so that he can't imagine ever lacking for insurance or health care.

From experience, an emergency department is required to treat immediatly life threatening conditions. They do NOT have to treat chronic conditions. I learned this the VERY hard way with my late husband, a type I diabetics who lost his insurance. The medical system did NOT have to help with his care UNTIL he required dialysis. That could have probably been delayed by another decade with appropriate care. Once uninsured, it is nearly impossible to get coverage again with a chronic condition that will never improve. That is what the term 'pre-existing condition' was made for. Insurance isn't the sainthood of humanity. There are insurance options in the pet world as well; and just like in the human world, people elect not to use them for a variety of reasons, including the failure to provide for specific conditions, the constraints and the limitations.

I lost my husband in 2002, due to significant failures of the American insurance and medical system. Unless there have been signficant changes to that system that I am completly unaware of, the system leaves plenty of people without treatment for critical illnesses, leaves even more bankrupt paying for shortfalls between insurance and treatment, and even more individuals must choose between necessary medical care and other necessities like food and shelter.

I admit, there are things that I question in veterinary medicine, and there are veterinarians I would never work with. However, I do not walk into a pre-med forum and start accusing the doctors of being random willful widow makers. I respect that my experience is that of an individual, and that while I hope to see change, I do not hope to do it at the cost of my fellow med students, though I do believe they will be the ones caught in the grinding of gears as change occurs.

Last edited:
As for podiatry, get on it all you want. We're real physicians offering a valuable service to needy patients and we're being compensated to our education and professional level. So are vets, but for the wrong reasons.

hhmmm...you will not actually be a 'real' physician last time i checked. Heck, you are even regulated by the States on what type of surgeries you can do. Podiatry school is the 'backup' for all MD and dentist wannabe's and you will spend most of your days cutting toenails and charging outrageous fees for it. Couldn't get into med school or vet school, so you settled for podiatry...congrats. :laugh:

If y'all REALLY want a giggle....go over to the podiatry board and find out how ridiculously easy it is to get accepted to pod school. Their deadline for apps is around the same time as vet school and many have already interviewed AND been accepted....whew...competitive.

If y'all REALLY want a giggle....go over to the podiatry board and find out how ridiculously easy it is to get accepted to pod school. Their deadline for apps is around the same time as vet school and many have already interviewed AND been accepted....whew...competitive.

:laugh:

He will walk into the hospital and get treated by law. Big brother foots the bill, which is the whole problem with human health care and why its in shambles. Now we're getting into human health care problems, a whole new topic.

Really, it does? Well golly-gee and shoot, what the heck am I doing paying a hundred bucks a month for insurance plus thirty more for copays plus ten MORE for prescriptions? And even if I am hit by a car or a bus or fall off a bridge, can you believe I still have to pay the first $500 of damage before I get any money from my insurance company? And you're telling me that if I don't have ANY insurance that I can walk into an emergency room, get treated for thousands of dollars-worth of care, and then walk away without a single bill or care in the world because the government is going to pick up the tab??? Then why in the world would anyone in this country HAVE insurance to begin with?

While none of us may be know-all experts on the business side of human medicine, please don't think we're stupid. Get your facts straight (even though that advice has clearly fallen on deaf ears if this thread is any indication) before making the mistake of telegraphing your ignorance to the world.

so 36 of your 38 posts are under the pre-vet forum, yes? since you love your profession soooooooo much and veterinarians are just the scum of the earth why don't you just take your illogical arguments over to where they belong. obviously you have nothing better to do other than to go around stirring up trouble.

trolling-trolling-troll-internet-likes-to-fight-fail-jerk-pu-demotivational-poster-1239308887.jpg

Wow, the level of ignorance displayed by this guy is just scary. It's hard to believe someone with medical training, veterinarians in his family, and experience in the field can form such dimwitted opinions.

Get a life.

Human medicine is beyond the scope of this thread, and the intelligence of anyone commenting on it...anyone (a Vet, maybe) with some real experience want to comment on the actual issue that you can charge as much or as little as you want at the expense of the owner and animal? That's really the issue, not your insecurities about human medicine.

Human medicine is beyond the scope of this thread, and the intelligence of anyone commenting on it...anyone (a Vet, maybe) with some real experience want to comment on the actual issue that you can charge as much or as little as you want at the expense of the owner and animal? That's really the issue, not your insecurities about human medicine.

First, I was a CNA for a decade. Helped pay my way through undergrad. Second, I was accepted to med school a decade ago, and chose not to attend for a variety of reasons. Third, my late husband was a MT. Fourth, I have experienced both the human and veterinary medical systems in half a dozen countries outside of the US. I believe all of those features mean that I can speak about medical care of both humans and animals with far more breadth and depth than the average individual.

Your basis for speaking about an entire profession is your experience with your family, and apparently your personal lack of knowledge of the human medical system in the states.

Veterinarians can NOT charge more than markets will bear. That is pretty much the definition of capitalism. At the point where there isn't a cost-benefit ratio that is reasonable to the expertise/experience/etc of the vet, the vet will refuse to provide anything more than stabilizing treatment or euthanasia. Many vets, even here, make exceptions, at cost to their businesses and theirselves. Hosptials, in human medicine, are excellent at charging absurd prices for things like adhesive bandages, aspirin, and other basic products. My last suture bill included a charge for $10 dollars for a single adhesive bandage...the kind you buy a 50 pack for $2 bucks at the pharmacy. Why? Because apparently, as you have proven, gouging people through insurance is acceptable. And as was pointed out earlier, people don't KNOW what the costs are when they have insurance.

For some reason, you are completly ignorant of the idea of competition; if I charge $600 for an OVH that uses the same techniques and materials and skill level as the doc down the street who charges $300, I will have far fewer customers. If my service makes up for it, I may be fine doing that. However, unlike human medicine, there are also false depressors; the S/N and vax clinics that serve a VERY important purpose, but do undercut costs. I have never met someone who has decent insurance and decent income go to a free clinic to wait for hours on end in uncomfortable conditions, but I know people who make 3-4x as much use S/N clinics to save a hundred bucks...but then contact the clinic I work at for pain meds....or when their dog is showing neuro signs of hypoxia due to lack of intubation and monitoring. Realisticly, technology costs. I can't afford technology if I do not pass some of that cost on to my clients. I can't provide my patients with the best chance of surviving surgery (which always has risks) without having the appropriate equipment.

If human doctors don't give away their services, earning $0 a year, why should I?

BTW- I do believe there are excellent S/N clinics and substandard ones. I have concerns with substandard ones, and the ones that are excellent often are subsidized. My point is that it is, either way, an artificial lowering of costs on a free market that affects prices, in a way that human medicine doesn't deal with.

In all of that, I am NOT saying there aren't horrible vets, just as I am not saying there aren't excellent doctors. What I am saying is that you are ignorant and foolish in your assessments. You obviously have very little knowledge of economics, vet med, human med, or insurance, as proven by a wide range of innaccurate statements.

There is a reality in all of this; some people who chose to have pets CAN NOT AFFORD pets. Some of the same people can't afford their own health care. Realisticly, without large company sponsored health care, most of us couldn't afford our own health care. If we can't afford it for ourselves, especially during recessions, there is a greater liklihood of our inability to afford it for our pets.

Yes, veterinarians control the pricing of their services. There are several issues that need to be addressed when it comes to veterinary pricing:

• How Much are my serivices worth? After 4 years undergrad, 4 years graduate, +/- internship/residancy. How intricate is the procedure I'm performing? How much mental/physical effort is it taking?
  • How am I going to cover the running costs of my business? How am I going to pay off those blood test machines/digital x-ray machines/ultrasound/fluid pumps/surgical tools/cost of the building/utilities (the average doc doesnt need to cover these costs!!!)? How am I going to cover the cost of those other things I like to support - financially be able to provide housing for strays, treatment to wildlife etc. Because all those things cost money.
  • How much is my average client willing to pay? Because I need to make a living. Some people will be willing to sell their house to pay for their animals treatment - other people consider any amount too much.
I do love animals. I do want to help them. I strongly believe that everyone who interacts with animals has their lives enriched greatly. But I also believe that my services are worth something. And they are, in reality, worth a whole heap more than what the vast majority of pet owners are willing to pay me. Veterinarians are a skilled profession - yet in general, they are not re-imbursed as such. This is SOLEY because people are NOT willing to spend as much on their animals healthcare as they are on their own. The PRIMARY factor behind the setting of veterinary fees is what clients are willing to pay. Most of them have little to no appreciation of the skill that goes into veterinary medicine (much like you, really). Yes, we will all euth an animal that could probably be saved because the owner couldn't afford/didn't want to pay the fees. Is this the vets fault??? NO. When it comes down to the wire, 99% of vets will offer to treat the animal for less/make no/negative profit, offer the owner the opportunity to surrender the animal, payment plans, etc etc. The majority of vets will go out of their way to avoid these unfortunate euthanasias, but they still happen. Once again, is this the vets fault? NO! It is the fault of society, that views animals as something they should be able to own on a whim, yet can take minimal/no responsibility when it comes to their healthcare.

I am confident, from my 5 years clinical experience at several different clinics, that vets do all they can. I am also positive, that we should be able to earn a decent living without being made to feel "guilty" that we don't apparently love animals enough because we don't do it for free. It is PET OWNERS who need to step up and become accountable for their animals. When you get a pet, for better or worse, you become its guardian, and the costs incurred with that. If you had a really sick kid, and it had really expensive medical bills, would you really bitch to the doctor about how heartless he is??? No, you would man the f*ck up and pay the bills, because you appreciate his skills. Veterinarians should be treated the same way.

To answer your question in a nutshell, no, vets cannot charge whatever they want. If they want to make ANY money, they have to charge in accordance to what their clients will pay. Which means that vets are grossly underpaid for their skills set, as clients rarely truely value a veterinarians worth.

Most of them have little to no appreciation of the skill that goes into veterinary medicine (much like you, really).

Isn't that true? I have heard, so many times, 'oh, that is a two year degree after HS, right?' or 'my 4 yo wants to be a vet cause he loves animals.'

And then, after we spend 8+ years getting to the point of being a DVM and proving it is about far more than loving animals, that same parent is upset at having to pay anything for any service because 'you love animals and should want to do anything for them.'

Maybe part of it is the fact that so many people can't get into vet med that they assume if they were able to they could do it for so much cheaper. Or that the fantasy of being a vet is so common among children that adults want to apply a child's ignorance to finances to the entire practice.

Blaming the owner for not having the money to pay for care when you get free or reduced care AND control the price of service is the most hypocritical argument I've ever heard. The profession needs caps and oversight. Purr project here is full of animals that had to be "released" because owners were gouged. That's the real sin of it all.

if you're so passionate about what needs to be done to change the industry, why don't you put the time and effort you're wasting -- b*tching in a pre-vet forum -- into pursuing some sort of legislature for these caps and regulations.

You're actually an idiot. Did you read my post??? Veterinarians actually have VERY LITTLE control if they want to make a living - they have extremely high expenses and are "consumer driven" - there is no point charging prices people won't pay, procedures make far more money than euthanaisas do...

And how do you judge how unreasonable veterinary pricing is??? Because an owner said it was ridiculous??? THAT is ridiculous! You can't just discount my argument without addressing it - it just makes you look really stupid.

TBH, I had a really high opinion of podiatrists til you came on here. :thumbdown:

If vets charge oh so much then why do the exact same procedures on humans cost more? Sounds like vets aren't the bad guys

So i went to check it out, i couldnt even find the Pod forum at first lol i was looking under Med forums haha

This thread made me laugh so hard... :laugh:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=677197

Someone is asking the chances of getting in... they got a 21 on their MCATS. Im pretty sure that is the lowest ive ever heard of anyone actually being serious about getting accepted somewhere. That is ridiculously low. I imagine its like getting an 800 on GRE haha. They also have a 3.3 GPA and some experiences but IMO the list is small because it includes all experience/volunteer/awards... and most people on here their list of everything on VMCAS apps was at least 5 times as long.

Here are the responses from people.

"Those stats are not terrible! To be honest your sGPA and cGPA are a little above the avg for most matriculated students and your MCAT score is right on the avg for most matriculated students as well." (21 MCAT IS AVG?!?!?! im pretty sure im afriad for my foots life now lol)

"If you retake the MCAT and do better, your chances for scholarships increases. It could mean the difference between no scholarship and $20,000." (WUTTTTTTTTT??!?!?! A SCHOLARSHIP WITH THOSE STATS???)

"MCAT is not bad."

thanks for the afternoon laughs!!:corny:

Sumstorm and sunshine are vet students who replied with intelligent, well thought out responses showing their knowledge in the field. They made good points about competition, capitalism, the responsibility of owning a pet, rescue organizations, etc.

You refused to acknowledge any points they made or to reply with valid arguments of your own, and replied with your standard two line response you've been repeating over and over-"Vets are mean people who kill animals. I hate them".

You're not looking to have a good discussion or have your viewpoints changed at all, you're just trying to provoke people because you have nothing better to do. That is called being a "troll" in case you're not familiar with the term.

Please leave unless you start engaging in valid conversation.

I'm still trying to figure out how he is not allowed to charge for his services by law. That doesn't make sense. Surely, there is some sort of money being exchanged somewhere. I highly doubt he is doing all this work on a volunteer basis.