SCCP & MUSC class of 2018 Interviews/Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmPhiend

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to officially start the South Carolina College of Pharmacy (Charleston and Columbia campuses) thread for the class of 2018 entering Fall 2014. My hopes are for posts to be in regards to who has gotten interviews, as well as the dates attended, the content, and the outcome(s) of these interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied awhile ago and they finally got all my material I think it was last week. Have you heard anything about interviews yet?

Nope I haven't heard a thing. Did they send you an e-mail saying they had received your stuff?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have received an email saying my application was complete but was missing the prerequisite sheet which I just submitted on September 9.

Oh ok gotcha. Post here if u get any news. I'll do the same.

Just got a call from Jenny S. and my interview is October 4th! :D

Applied for early admissions
Clemson University
Culimative GPA 3.5 (Clemson GPA 3.65)
Biological Sciences B.S. (will graduate in may)

PCAT score
Compositie 80%
Verbal 68%
Biology 63%
Reading 62%
Quantitative 82%
Chemistry 88%
Writing 4

Applied for early admissions
Clemson University
Culimative GPA 3.5 (Clemson GPA 3.65)
Biological Sciences B.S. (will graduate in may)

PCAT score
Compositie 80%
Verbal 68%
Biology 63%
Reading 62%
Quantitative 82%
Chemistry 88%
Writing 4

I forgot to ask. Which campus are you applying to?

MUSC, if I don't get in there I don't think I would want to go to the Columbia campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I was down there yesterday they said they start regular admissions interviews next friday and then will have them through thanksgiving, then I think they take a break and start back up a little later.

Just had my interview at USC Campus for early decision. They said I would know by the 18th if I was accepted for ED.

Got a call from MUSC 10/17 and I got accepted for early decision.

Congrats to you both, on your acceptance and interview!

I interview in a week for regular admissions, I was wondering how the interview process was or any tips?

Thanks in advance!

Nope, I'm from the midwest

Hmm ok. Would you mind terribly posting your stats? Just curious how schools selection processes work. I've gotten interviews at "better" (nationally higher ranking) schools but they haven't interviewed me yet.

Hmm ok. Would you mind terribly posting your stats? Just curious how schools selection processes work. I've gotten interviews at "better" (nationally higher ranking) schools but they haven't interviewed me yet.

Same here

The interview was pretty laid back, you interview with 2 faculty members and 1 will have read your application and the other will only have read your personal statement. The one who reads your application will have specific questions about it, and the other interviewer will ask you the generic questions such as why Pharmacy? Why MUSC? Hope this helps and don't stress, it is a very comfortable atmosphere.

I made a Facebook group for those who have been accepted to the MUSC Campus, feel free to join!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/471321689647747/

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I had my interview at MUSC last Friday. Definitely liked it and waiting to hear back...they said it'll take about 2 weeks. I think that session was the first regular applicant interview day so there are going to be plenty more!

My application was mailed 10/21/13. I just re-took the pcat on 10/29/13 with a much higher score. This could be the one thing that gets me in. I hope to hear about interviews at the end of November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a call from Jenny S for an interview Nov 22

Got the acceptance call a few days ago!

Does anybody know how the interview selection process works? How do they determine who to invite for interviews? Is there a review committee? How often do they meet? Is there a certain day of the week they send out invite emails? Just trying to understand the proess and timing.
Thanks

Does anybody know how the interview selection process works? How do they determine who to invite for interviews? Is there a review committee? How often do they meet? Is there a certain day of the week they send out invite emails? Just trying to understand the proess and timing.
Thanks

As far as I understand there are 3 interviewers. One has seen your full application. The other 2 have only seen your essay and resume. As far as who to interview that is all basted on a point system. I don't know the breakdown but I know there are bonuses that they look for. I know the rolling admission has them interviewing once a month. Anyone know how many they accept each round? It sounds like invites go out on a Friday.

Thanks
Not sure EXACTLY how the interview selection process goes, but I do know that other schools will use a "point system" to determine who to interview (i.e. PCAT comp score + GPA*25 = Up to 200). What I've seen from other schools is anything >150 will get you an interview, and it's up to you from there. My interview was on 11/1 - very cool setting in the middle of a medical campus. Got a really good vibe from all the students there and the Asst. Dean was really cool too. I was interviewed by 2 faculty members in their respective offices, and it's more or less just a conversation. You might get grilled with a few "Why pharmacy? Why MUSC?" style questions, but otherwise, they just want to get to know you (is the impression that I got).
Good luck! Hope there's something helpful in there for ya! :D

Not sure EXACTLY how the interview selection process goes, but I do know that other schools will use a "point system" to determine who to interview (i.e. PCAT comp score + GPA*25 = Up to 200). What I've seen from other schools is anything >150 will get you an interview, and it's up to you from there. My interview was on 11/1 - very cool setting in the middle of a medical campus. Got a really good vibe from all the students there and the Asst. Dean was really cool too. I was interviewed by 2 faculty members in their respective offices, and it's more or less just a conversation. You might get grilled with a few "Why pharmacy? Why MUSC?" style questions, but otherwise, they just want to get to know you (is the impression that I got).
Good luck! Hope there's something helpful in there for ya! :D

Have you heard anything back from your 11/1 interview?

Congrats! What were your stats?

My stats:
Pcat:
Composite 85
Bio 89
Chemistry 56
Quant 95
Reading comp 43
Verbal 91

Overall gpa: 2.41
Pre-req gpa: 3.05
Post bs gpa: 3.1
4+ years or work as a tech at a retail, compounding, and hospital pharmacy experience. References 3 pharmacists, 1 doctor.

Last edited:
Have you heard anything back from your 11/1 interview?
No not yet... I expect to this week though. I don't think they'll be waiting until Thanksgiving week to send out responses and after that seems a bit much. I remember Dean Hall saying we should know by then.

No not yet... I expect to this week though. I don't think they'll be waiting until Thanksgiving week to send out responses and after that seems a bit much. I remember Dean Hall saying we should know by then.
Does anybody know when the next round of interview invites will go out?

November 22 is the last round for a while. They start back up on January 17.

So expect to get a call in the first week of January

I got an interview 2 days ago for january 10th. Can anyone advise me on how the interview went or the kind of questions they ask?

I got an interview 2 days ago for january 10th. Can anyone advise me on how the interview went or the kind of questions they ask?

How did they contact you about the interview?

Also, interview questions are posted on SDN in the interview feedback section.

How many spots do you think each campus has left?
I would ASSUME they havent even filled half of the spots but who knows. 110 at usc and 80 at musc. I hope to get a spot at musc.

Hey I also have an interview on Jan 10th, as an out of state student can anyone give me a breakdown of the differences between campuses?

Hey I also have an interview on Jan 10th, as an out of state student can anyone give me a breakdown of the differences between campuses?

Which campus are you interviewing at? I'm out of state as well but still waiting to hear bout an interview.

Ok cool. I'm hoping for MUSC campus maybe they haven't started interviews up again yet.

Ok cool. I'm hoping for MUSC campus maybe they haven't started interviews up again yet.

Why do you prefer the MUSC campus? I honestly have zero idea what the difference between the two is other than location.