Scholl 3rd/4th year rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jcpino

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can any current Scholl students talk about their personal experiences with clinicals during their 3rd/4th year. What are the 3rd year rotations like? Do you feel that you're getting good patient exposure? Are you seeing enough patients to help you prepare for residency? Are you being exposed to a diverse patient population etc. I've just been told that the clinical aspect leans towards the city schools, being that scholl is in north Chicago and not directly in the city and that sharing patients with other students is more common.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That's a good question seeing that I'm going there and during my interview I didn't see any patients.

4th year at scholl. Our school clinic is slow no question about it. But we start actual rotations in January of 3rd year. I had 8 elective podiatry rotations. Those rotations are much more beneficial than any school clinic imo. You only need to chip and clip so many nails/corns/calluses and debride so many wounds. I learned more in my first 3 months of electives than I did in 2.5 years of school clinic BS.
With that said being a student in clinic and the OR is only so beneficial. I would choose a school where you’re going to be happy living for the time you’re there and where you get the most elective rotations to maximize your opportunities to find what you’re looking for. The goal of school should be to learn the basics that you need we’ll enough to kick ass on rotations and land a top residency where you can actually learn to be a doctor.

Reactions: 1 users