School designations for GRE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neocia

Class of 2019
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, sorry if there's already a thread about this - I searched but couldn't find anything - when you sit down on "the big day" to take the GRE, should you bring your school designation numbers with you written down to let ETS know where you want your scores sent?

If not, how do you let them know to which universities you want your scores mailed or do you just have it sent to VMCAS/centralized? Bleh, confused!

I've taken the practice tests but obviously that isn't part of them. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

If you know what schools, yes, bring their numbers with you. Someone can correct me, but you get x amount of free scores to send to schools immediately after taking the test. And you send them straight to the schools, and you report your scores on the VMCAS.

If you know what schools, yes, bring their numbers with you. Someone can correct me, but you get x amount of free scores to send to schools immediately after taking the test. And you send them straight to the schools, and you report your scores on the VMCAS.

Sounds right to me. If you don't send them immediately you gotta pay. And it's four or five. And it wouldn't hurt to have, but unless I'm remembering wrong you don't actually need the numbers and they have it set up where you search by schools and then pick the school and department or whatever from a drop down menu. I doubt they'd let you take any papers into the testing room anyway. Maybe just try to remember if the school has any special instructions on what college or department to send it too. You'd think the CVM would be obvious but ya never know

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You get 4 free designations at the test center. They'll show you how to search for the school. If you're applying to ISU, remember that you send it directly to the college of vet med and not the main school with a department code.

You get 4 free designations at the test center. They'll show you how to search for the school. If you're applying to ISU, remember that you send it directly to the college of vet med and not the main school with a department code.

Thank you, I am applying to ISU :)